Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-17-2012, 04:36 PM

Default spot hogg bulletproof?

Just curious what you guys think about the spot hogg bulletproof, its the cheapest spot hogg out there selling for $79.99 at cabelas right now. Has anyone used it?
Thanks
Schian
Old 02-17-2012, 04:59 PM

I Have not used it,But if its a Spott hoog,It will be worth the money,If thats your budget,Then buy it,You cant go wrong with a Spott Hogg Sight.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlyman1980 View Post
I Have not used it,But if its a Spott hoog,It will be worth the money,If thats your budget,Then buy it,You cant go wrong with a Spott Hogg Sight.
It's a really simple sight from what I can tell, but it's the only spot hogg sight within my budget.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:40 PM

You can get a Real nice 5 Pin Truglo Micro Adjust for a Little more,i have one and i love it,But i also have a 300.00 Spott Hogg on its way.Dont let anybody tell you,You have to spend big money,i have killed deer,turkeys etc with a 25.00 dollar Cobra sight,It is what you want to buy.I am an Archery addict and have tried a lot of equipment and to be honest,Just because its expensive does not make it better all the time,I Bought my 2 Truglo sights from Cabelas and i have my 5 Pin Truglo-79.99 on my axe 6 and i have it set at 10,20-30-40-50 and am dead on out to 50 Yards with that sight,So Its what you want to spend,And the sight is tough because i droped it from my treetand and just a little mud in the pins.Wiped them off and shoots the same.Im a Truglo Fan for Affordable sights and i like MBG and Spott hoggs for Pricier sightsGood luck choosing your sight,Buy what you can afford and upgrade later on,Thats how i did it for years,Actually still do it.Cheers,And good Huntin.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:33 AM

Default spot hogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by schian View Post
It's a really simple sight from what I can tell, but it's the only spot hogg sight within my budget.
If you look carefully at this sight, you will see that the optic fibre sights are machined, not loosely wrapped to the sight.One of many features that make this sight a best buy for the money. Three pin sight enough? How far out are you comfortable shooting to? If 40 yards are fine, buy it.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schian View Post
For an entry level sight, the spot hoog bulletproof is awesome. The pins are extremely bright and very easy to adjust.