Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-17-2012, 11:41 PM

Default 3D Targets

Anyone have any experiance buying and using their own 3D targets. Is there a difference in quality and which stores seem to have a better selection between different brands ect.

Thanks
Old 03-17-2012, 11:42 PM

Call rienhart, they are the best
Old 03-17-2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale_M View Post
Call rienhart, they are the best
They might be the best but you better have a big check book, They are WAY higher in price compared to some others. Also you cant just buy a Rienhart target from Rienhart, You have to have a club.
http://www.rinehart3d.com/products/#i24
Old 03-17-2012, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatinthefreezer View Post
Anyone have any experiance buying and using their own 3D targets. Is there a difference in quality and which stores seem to have a better selection between different brands ect.

Thanks
If you are interested in buying targets let me know what you are after & how many?
Old 03-18-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bit Runner. View Post
They might be the best but you better have a big check book, They are WAY higher in price compared to some others. Also you cant just buy a Rienhart target from Rienhart, You have to have a club.
http://www.rinehart3d.com/products/#i24
A guy we shoot with bought 30 Reinharts for his own personal use. Shipped them right to his house. He does not have a club. Expensive initially yes but way cheaper to replace a core then a whole section of the animal like a Mackenzie and arrows pull so much nicer from Reinharts
Old 03-18-2012, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kale_M View Post
A guy we shoot with bought 30 Reinharts for his own personal use. Shipped them right to his house. He does not have a club. Expensive initially yes but way cheaper to replace a core then a whole section of the animal like a Mackenzie and arrows pull so much nicer from Reinharts
I phoned them my self (Reinhart) that is to see if i could order some and was told not unless i was part of a club, Maybe he bought them through the club?
I told them that i was interested in buying 20,000.00 dollars worth of targets and they said unless i had a club they could not help me out. So i looked at starting a club because of it but then i was able to work with Mckenzie on them alot easier so thats the way i went.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:01 AM

Rinehart are worth the extra money. I live in the south part of Alberta so I zip across the border and buy them in Havre Montana. They have a bunch right in store and the will order whatever you want. Cheaper then anywhere else I have found. Western Trailer.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:14 AM

I like the mckenzie's for looks and lifelikeness. The rienhart's are a dream to pull arrows out of, and they seem to last forever.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG78 View Post
Rinehart are worth the extra money. I live in the south part of Alberta so I zip across the border and buy them in Havre Montana. They have a bunch right in store and the will order whatever you want. Cheaper then anywhere else I have found. Western Trailer.
I must of talked to the wrong person. They are definatly the nicer target i think as well. I paid less money for my targets but it cost me 1600.00$ to get them shipped up here so in the end i probally did not save that much.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:38 AM

Default targets

Hey Guys, There are local dealers right here in Alberta that can supply you with targets. If you place a large order I'm sure they would be willing to cut you a better deal. In Calgary you could go to Jim Bow's or Calgary Archery Center, in Grande Praire go to Big Timber, Red Deer there are several shops, Lethbridge go to Lane Archery and the list goes on. If you don't ask you will never know.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:40 PM

I'm also in the market for getting some targets. I got a elk a few weeks ago and I'm looking at getting 5 or 6 more this year and another six or so next year. Cabela's carries a bunch of 3D targets as well and their own line for much cheaper. Not sure how good they are.

Bit Runner- do you have targets for sale or are you looking to do a group buy?
Old 03-19-2012, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
I'm also in the market for getting some targets. I got a elk a few weeks ago and I'm looking at getting 5 or 6 more this year and another six or so next year. Cabela's carries a bunch of 3D targets as well and their own line for much cheaper. Not sure how good they are.

Bit Runner- do you have targets for sale or are you looking to do a group buy?
I just bought 50 targets for our shoot, Mckenzie and a few Delta targets run out of different critters to buy. So to answer your question i have none for sale but if anyone is interested in a group buy i can get a much better deal than you can buy from the stores at McKenzie anyways.

I think i have just about every McKenzie target they make so if you have a target or targets in mind i can take pics, Just got there newest one the Ibex, Havnt seen it yet in person but looked good on th e-mail.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:48 PM

Thanks for the info guys. Tired of driving 20 mins to the city to use the range when I can drive ten minutes and shoot on my buddies acerage. And its one less membership I have to buy.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:44 PM

I really like the rinehart targets as well. They last forever and are exceptionally easy to pull the arrows from. They can be a little pricey off the bat but their repalcement inserts will run you a lot less than Mckenzie. I have bought mine as well from Havre, the prices were quite a bit cheaper than what you see the retail prices at. McKenzie targets look good but can be a bitch to pull arrows from. We had bought a few of the cabelas targets, they are quite cheap but don't last as long either. I would like to build up a big enough collection to have a personal course of my own. So far only have 5, hope to add a couple a year.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:48 AM

Has anyone tried any of the Delta targets lately, all the shoots we have out here use Rhienhart and they are incredible targets, but pricey that's for sure. I had a Delta prob 20 years ago when I was a teenager and it was brutal pulling arrows out of it! Not sure if they have upgraded their foam or not.
I like the look of the Delta Bear the best out of it and the McKenzie or the Rhineheart, but if it's not any better I will pick up a Rhineheart.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booner Sniper View Post
Has anyone tried any of the Delta targets lately, all the shoots we have out here use Rhienhart and they are incredible targets, but pricey that's for sure. I had a Delta prob 20 years ago when I was a teenager and it was brutal pulling arrows out of it! Not sure if they have upgraded their foam or not.
I like the look of the Delta Bear the best out of it and the McKenzie or the Rhineheart, but if it's not any better I will pick up a Rhineheart.
I have one delta target, it is a wild boar. Looks good and it is very easy to remove arrows from but is not nearly as durable as the rineharts. The finish isn't as nice either. Lots of bubbles in the foam and the paint comes off easily. Foam is not solid colored like rineharts, it is brown foam them painted so you target will get ratty looking quicker and easier.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:02 AM

Thanks CLB, I have seen a coupe of them in Cabelas, finish deff doesn't look great, but as long as the arrows pull out easy then that's all I'm worried about for now. Might end up gettin a Rhineheart at some point but for the price i can get 2 Deltas so that will do me for a while anyway.