Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-13-2012, 12:39 AM

Default Power Engineering.

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone here has completed their power engineering from Keyano Collage in Fort McMurray.

Will be highly appreciated if any valuable info. is provided.

Thank you all and have a great week.....!!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:57 PM

Yeah I did this program and it worked great. What can I help you out with? Did both years so I have my 3rd Class ticket for over ten years now.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:30 AM

Thanks for your reply, i have applied for the programme for the summer 2013, still have to give my differential aptitude test, wondering if you had given the same test as well for entrance and if yes can u give me some info on it pls, also i have no idea about the pay scale for the PE's in Ft Mc; i currently work at a camp as a cook and make around 5.6 grand a month, i am from a science background and always wanted to get into technical field so hope now is the right time for me.

hopefully i have not asked too many questions to you, will be glad to hear from you.
you have a great day, and thank you once again for the reply.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:02 PM

Sorry missed the post for some reason? Probably best to PM me. The DAT test isn't too hard, just makes sure your mechanical and good for the job. The questions aren't too hard, but you have to be fast when doing it. Straight out of high school me and some friends had a good laugh doing it and flying through the exam. Try doing some internet research and you should be fine.

As for pay, it varies of course but a good rate when your at the top doing control room pay will bring you $7500 a month take home with no OT. We recently had a sheet floating around of the camp pay rates and they seem to have some extra pay in there for that as well. Gross can be $160-225,000 a year from what I seen. Don't believe the truths of Steve the truck driver making +$200,000 a year driving truck... Power Engineering makes it easier to get a job the higher up in class you achieve suggesting a min of 3rd class, doesn't persay means you'll make much more than anyone else working at site after +4 years of service...
Old 09-17-2012, 12:19 PM

There are a few topics already on this, search button
Is your friend