Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-01-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
Yup, X2. Mac T pulls a boner.
I saw this video today. It pretty well sums things up as far as Mac T is concerned.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss1JTK7JUts
Thats funny

Good Luck to the Flames and Canucks in the playoffs this year. Unless a miracle happens I have an ugly feeling that my boys will be swinging golf clubs this year again.

I doubt they will fire Mac T, Probably promote him to head office and hire buckburger (spl???) as our new head coach dang we need some fresh blood as our coaching staff.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:39 PM

Default Oilers

I say, Lowe should coach this team and if they do not finish in the top 4 in our div. next year, Tambellini can dump him.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
Well big game tonight If Oil lose and NSH wins then the Oil will be 3 points out with 5 games remaining,2 of them against Calgary and 1 against the Nucks....

Hopefully the Nucks are late for there game and forfit
Well...How about those Canucks? Lets see if we can keep the NW throne.
signed
a B.C. expat from B.C.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:25 PM

Default West is Best

Too bad two of our three West teams are skidding right now, because the east is all but done...
Canucks are obviously hot, but I think the experience in the Flames line-up will get their s''''t together soon.
Probably not soon enough to recapture the top of NW Division.

Hard to focus on the start of our fishing season with playoff battles heating up....

Tofinofish
Old 04-01-2009, 05:48 PM

Default Crag McRhetoric to Jersey- Brent Sutter to Edmonton

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Brutal night for our Alberta teams!! All the wrong teams won last night!!! Hold on Oil it is about to get very bumpy!!!!
Oiler loss is not unexpected. Players have tuned out MacT and/or are hanging Rollie 'out to Dry'. Recently, when MacT roasted Hemsky in public stating that Hemmer had to play more defensivley, Hemmer was quoted as saying that 'that was what the defence & goalie are for'. Sounds like there might be a rift between Rollie and the team.

Mac T is part of the old boys network and has been friends with Katz for a long time so I think Katz will save MacT the embarrament of getting 'fired' and Mac T will resign after the end of the season.

Not too long ago the Edm Journal stated Brent Sutter said he would like to be closer to home (farms @ Wainwright, Owner of the Red Deer Rebels). What an opportunity this would present for him and if this happened, Brent would have dicipline returned to the team plus he would bring an offensive attitude to the team rather then a defensive attitude.

One really cant expect much more seeing that Mac T was a defensive minded player, Huddy was a defenceman, Lowe was defenceman and so it goes. Does Billy bring anything to the coaching staff? I think not. Thats' my prediction and if it materializes, I am satisfied the back room boays have already worked it out. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:49 PM

Not impressed Jay...as a BCer you are not allowed to admit the Flames may take over the NW crown still...you should be saying its already settled, Canucks got it
Old 04-01-2009, 06:40 PM

Oiler loss is not unexpected. Players have tuned out MacT and/or are hanging Rollie 'out to Dry'. Recently, when MacT roasted Hemsky in public stating that Hemmer had to play more defensivley, Hemmer was quoted as saying that 'that was what the defence & goalie are for'. Sounds like there might be a rift between Rollie and the team.

I call BS please show me this quote from Hemmer...
Old 04-01-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
So let me guess - you just picked your favorite team now...very cagey of you, so who is it or still undecided...?
I picked my favourite team in '70.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Banned

the only quote I can find:
“I’m just trying to do exactly what they want. I’m becoming a checker,” he said with obvious displeasure after Monday’s practice. “We’re just doing what we have to do to win games. I’m not complaining. It’s important to win the games. I just don’t feel as important as I did before when they were riding me. I don’t feel they use me as much as they did before. If they don’t give me the confidence or trust me, I will never be playing the way I was before, the way they want.

“I’m just saying I don’t care about points. I know I didn’t play my best hockey. I can be better and I know they will need me. But they have got to show me they need me. Ride me. It’s 10 games. I will feel important and I will get better every game.”
Old 04-01-2009, 06:58 PM

Thats what I read as well thats far from what was posted IMO
Old 04-01-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dss44 View Post
Not impressed Jay...as a BCer you are not allowed to admit the Flames may take over the NW crown still...you should be saying its already settled, Canucks got it
God bless Coleman, Alberta! They gave the Canucks Rick "The Grim Ripper" Rypien.

Don't count out the Flamers and Coilers just yet, because eventually they will sort out their dressing room problems.....
Old 04-02-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Thats what I read as well thats far from what was posted IMO
X2

Mr.Leahy exactly how did you get 'that was what the defence & goalie are for' from that quote.

BH

Old 04-02-2009, 10:31 AM

THeres my pal wasting my tax dollars some more.......hey Blood why not steal money directly from my wallet????
Old 04-02-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
THeres my pal wasting my tax dollars some more.......hey Blood why not steal money directly from my wallet????
What money????

BH

Old 04-02-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodHound70 View Post
X2

Mr.Leahy exactly how did you get 'that was what the defence & goalie are for' from that quote.

BH
Why does it matter???? Does it change how pathetic they are??
Old 04-02-2009, 01:14 PM

Considering how your "Elite" team is doing, I wouldn't crow to loud....

BH

Old 04-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
X2

BH
I just posted the "actual quote" from Hemmer. That's just the FACTS...what people read into things alters the actual quote.
I'm just sayin' what Kanonfodder said...BS, show me the real quote what Hemmer said...
Old 04-02-2009, 02:02 PM

Ok I need my Flames to get back on track and Nuks to have their slump time to all begin tonite

GO FLAMES GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

MM
Old 04-02-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Considering how your "Elite" team is doing, I wouldn't crow to loud....

BH

This is me not Crowing
Old 04-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Banned

Breaking News: Bob Stauffer on the 630 Ched pre-game show JUST got a text from a 'anonymous' source very high up in the Edmonton Oiler rankings, saying "MacT is not going anywhere" It was revealed seconds after the text came from Darryl Katz, and the quote is exactly that. Let me say this, I got a grin bigger than a pig wallowing in *****. Lol.

Go Oilers Go! Big win tonight against the best team in the league and its a whole different outlook. But there you have it...from the boss of all bosses...MacT is a stayin'!
Old 04-02-2009, 06:35 PM

WTF else do you think they're gonna say at this point?

Tree
Old 04-02-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Octane~ View Post
Breaking News: Bob Stauffer on the 630 Ched pre-game show JUST got a text from a 'anonymous' source very high up in the Edmonton Oiler rankings, saying "MacT is not going anywhere" It was revealed seconds after the text came from Darryl Katz, and the quote is exactly that. Let me say this, I got a grin bigger than a pig wallowing in *****. Lol.

Go Oilers Go! Big win tonight against the best team in the league and its a whole different outlook. But there you have it...from the boss of all bosses...MacT is a stayin'!
Welcome back Mr Octane

Not many will share in your Happiness I am afraid
Old 04-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
Welcome back Mr Octane

Not many will share in your Happiness I am afraid
lol. Well not many consider all points instead of jumping on the bandwagon when things go downhill for a bit I guess

This isn't a joke guys, its not something to get the guys stoked about the rest of the season. Katz was listining to the show and wanted to put all rumors to rest. Him and Stauffer know eachother quite well. He has always supported KLowe and MacT and said they are the guys for the job. This is the right call by management IMO...MacT is the right guy for the job to teach the young guys. Anyway, I called it
Old 04-02-2009, 06:52 PM

Well this is me just speculating over some things I have "heard" and it's true that MacT isnt going anywhere but I have heard he will be moved "upstairs" .....so I guess the text was true in the sense he isn't going anywhere.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well this is me just speculating over some things I have "heard" and it's true that MacT isnt going anywhere but I have heard he will be moved "upstairs" .....so I guess the text was true in the sense he isn't going anywhere.
Very good point Kanon. That might be reading a bit too much into it though. We will see in a short time!
Old 04-02-2009, 07:45 PM

Any one els watching the oilers game???
Old 04-02-2009, 08:13 PM

Got it on the TV and flames game on the radio. Both games going good so far, flames winnin, oil losing, good night in sports so far!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:14 PM

Well you watch we will come back in the 2nd!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:21 PM

You better hope so, Blues won, hopefully the Ducks can beat the Nucks, if the Oilers don't do it tonight it's not looking good for them.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:22 PM

[QUOTE=~Octane~;297425]lol. Well not many consider all points instead of jumping on the bandwagon when things go downhill for a bit I guess

QUOTE]

are you kidding? Things go downhill for a bit???? take off the rose colored glasses. Consider ALL points. then you will see the errors of your thinking