Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Northern Hunting Mom

Default Another addiction, just what I need, fly tying

Old 04-23-2007, 10:54 PM
RyanGSP

Yes I am getting into this as well but look at the bright side 90% of your material you shoot in 1 season so it covers some of your cost.

Flys look sweet you just need to tie something big and pink for those bullies and you will be set.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:15 PM
Northern Hunting Mom

The wooly bugger is a size 6 but I plan to tie a couple bigger streamers soon. I have a love affair with trout. I didn't have the chance to go for those much in the Yukon
Old 04-24-2007, 01:47 PM
jrs

Looks good. I'm just wrapping up my tying and awaiting the fishing season. Drove by the Oldman today and its clear and low, i may have to make a trip to the open section or the open part of the Crow pretty soon. Sure saves money when you go through as many flies as i seem to. Coming up with your own patterns can be lots of fun as well.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:21 PM
RyanGSP

JRS ive been itching to get to the crow for a while now. Im planning the last weekend of may or maybe even the opener (june 1st) if your interested.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:50 AM
jrs

I'm going to be leaving town for work here right aways so i can't say much yet. I want to come down for some fishing over a few weeks in late June/early July but i can't really take much time off until then. I was actually going to head out today but found out i have some shrubs and trees that will need planting over the weekend. Isn't the opener June 15th as well? I'll have to check the regs. I know of a few really good early stretches that get worse as the summer goes on so if we can arrange something early on that would be awesome. (all my favorite haunts are currently closed, i'm not a big fan of the open sections but its still better than most lakes).
I'll let you know as it develops. I'll try to check on here now and then between work and see how busy it ends up being. I have got most my gear together, I may have to go get another flybox this week, looks like i added a few too many new patterns over the winter .
Old 04-25-2007, 11:34 AM
geezer55

June 16, 2007 is opening day for most of the flowing water in ES1.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:34 PM
RyanGSP

Sorry must have have misread the regs. I am not free until the last weekend of may so far between work, a dog show, and a Field test my weekends are booked until late may.