Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-07-2022, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewster29 View Post
Another update: received transfer/registration notice last night for gun #2, that’s 25 calendar days from date of order. Now awaiting shipping notification…
Latest update: finally received the registration paperwork for gun #1 on July 5th (ordered June 3, registered June 17).

Gun #2 is still at the dealer, they did not receive a registration notice so I emailed them my copy.
Old 07-07-2022, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Latest update: finally received the registration paperwork for gun #1 on July 5th (ordered June 3, registered June 17).

Gun #2 is still at the dealer, they did not receive a registration notice so I emailed them my copy.
Latest update: gun #2 shipped this morning!
Old 07-08-2022, 10:41 PM

Default Unbelievable wait time....

I ordered one June 3 from a small town store dealer, Visa was charged on June 6th.... nothing but silence and waiting over here still. Kind of discouraging knowing summer might be over and hunting season will be upon us before I get to try it out.
I'd say you did pretty good time wise.
Old 07-09-2022, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Latest update: gun #2 shipped this morning!
Further update: ordered another 9mm on July 6. Will post when the registration comes through. Nice to see a few more choices showing up at some dealers.

I am done buying now...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (15.1 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by brewster29; 07-09-2022 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-09-2022, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandalius View Post
I ordered one June 3 from a small town store dealer, Visa was charged on June 6th.... nothing but silence and waiting over here still. Kind of discouraging knowing summer might be over and hunting season will be upon us before I get to try it out.
I'd say you did pretty good time wise.
Stores are not being notified by Alberta CFO when transfer is complete. You need to notify store that transfer has been completed. If you don’t want to wait for snail mail, call the Alberta CFO, and ask for transfer to be emailed to you, then forward to the store.
Old 07-12-2022, 02:51 PM

Also bought mine on June 6th, still no word from the dealer or the RCMP. A shipping label was created June 24th but that's it. I'm watching the store's order page, my physical mailbox, and my inbox for anything from the RCMP.

Just bought another pistol last night; it's a race to see which authorization gets sent first.
Old 07-12-2022, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
Stores are not being notified by Alberta CFO when transfer is complete. You need to notify store that transfer has been completed. If you don’t want to wait for snail mail, call the Alberta CFO, and ask for transfer to be emailed to you, then forward to the store.
Sail mail might be faster than me trying to get through, 600 to 800 tries will take me forever on coffee /lunch breaks. Then having to do 600 to 800 tries again to get an ATT to bring it home. They are certainly not making it an easy process...
Old 07-12-2022, 06:15 PM
AO Sponsor

Private purchase for 2 pistols... Got through to the RCMP to initiate transfer on June 16. Yesterday I finally received the transfers in my inbox.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 07-12-2022, 06:42 PM

And next week TC Santa is going to bring them to you. And two full briskets. And wine, whisky, cigars, and some AO friends are gonna have a *serious* BBQ time.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 07-12-2022, 06:54 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
And next week TC Santa is going to bring them to you. And two full briskets. And wine, whisky, cigars, and some AO friends are gonna have a *serious* BBQ time.
The secret is out! We will be overrun for dinner hahaha!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 07-16-2022, 08:27 PM

Quote:

Latest update: received registration certificate for gun 2 last Tuesday, gun 2 was delivered yesterday (ordered June 4).
Old 07-18-2022, 05:24 PM

I have applied for my non restricted PAL and sent in the paperwork on April 29th, 2022. I have not heard a thing nor have my referances.
How long do you folks think it will take to get this done? Also, does anyone think that long guns will be banned like hand guns are about to?
Thanks for your anticipated answers.
Old 07-19-2022, 01:39 AM
Banned

Default Wait Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
I have applied for my non restricted PAL and sent in the paperwork on April 29th, 2022. I have not heard a thing nor have my referances.
How long do you folks think it will take to get this done? Also, does anyone think that long guns will be banned like hand guns are about to?
Thanks for your anticipated answers.

Relax and drink some water, mine took longer than that.
Old 07-19-2022, 09:34 AM

I am not exagerating, I am 6 weeks into waiting for a restricted to be transferred into my name from a store.

I did call the CFO with my reference # from the dealer to confirm there is no issues.. They confirmed its in the hands of the AB CFO right now, but not processed yet.
Old 07-19-2022, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeroot View Post
I am not exagerating, I am 6 weeks into waiting for a restricted to be transferred into my name from a store.

I did call the CFO with my reference # from the dealer to confirm there is no issues.. They confirmed its in the hands of the AB CFO right now, but not processed yet.
So call the Alberta CFO, I betcha a beer they will complete while you wait on the phone and email you your completed transfer.
Old 07-21-2022, 11:46 AM

OK, glad I'm not the only guy, was going to post asking this same question.

Glock 9mm purchased on June 12 from RDSC. Still in the hands of the CFO. RDSC was good to confirm the status and all that when I checked in, but it's out of their hands now...... hopefully it's soon!!
Old 07-21-2022, 12:32 PM

I was at a month give or take on two transfers waiting at the AB CFO. I called in and spoke to them today and they said they are 6-8 weeks from completing things. The lady I spoke with went ahead and completed my transfers on the phone though. Its extension 9026, hopefully you have some luck
Old 07-21-2022, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPsycho View Post
I was at a month give or take on two transfers waiting at the AB CFO. I called in and spoke to them today and they said they are 6-8 weeks from completing things. The lady I spoke with went ahead and completed my transfers on the phone though. Its extension 9026, hopefully you have some luck
Thanks for the heads up, If I don't hear by Monday I'll get the transfer # from RDSC and give the CFO office a call, see what shakes out. Maybe I'll get lucky

Am curious what will shake out for those firearms that have not had the transfer go through yet when the legislation comes down. I'd like to buy two more to fill up the nice case I picked up (see link)! But am worried about somehow getting screwed

https://caseplace.ca/collections/han...up-pistol-case
Old 07-22-2022, 01:02 AM

Quote:
So call the Alberta CFO, I betcha a beer they will complete while you wait on the phone and email you your completed transfer.
Never thought to call the AB CFO.. figured they are just as backed up and will tell me the same thing "It's being processed".

I'll call tomorrow if I have time
Old 07-22-2022, 01:27 AM

I'm still waiting on the transfer for a purchase I made on June 7.
Old 07-22-2022, 05:29 AM

I purchased a Kimber private. June 8th or so,
He finally got through and started the transfer 2 days ago.
I called yesterday morning first thing to verify.
Was actually quick, no longer than normal, 15 min on hold or so.
Now see how long the Mb CFO takes. They used to be very fast. No longer than a day or 2.
Old 07-22-2022, 06:22 AM

I received my transfer notification yesterday on a purchase from June 8. A little over 6 weeks for that one, still waiting on the second pistol ordered on June 4th.
Old 07-24-2022, 02:11 PM

Default Registration timeline

I just sold a handgun this morning and would like to know if any of you succeeded with using the printed transfer forms and mailing them. If so, what's the timeline?

Thanks
Bruce
Old 07-24-2022, 09:01 PM

Made my purchase June 10th online, still waiting.
Old 07-26-2022, 02:05 PM

I bought 2 handguns since Canada's greatest handgun salesman made his announcement.

The first was on June 2nd and I received the transfer a couple weeks later. The second pistol I purchased June 17th, and I'm still waiting.

Hopefully will get it soon but not surprised if I have to wait another month at the least.
Old 07-26-2022, 02:42 PM

Quote:
I just sold a handgun this morning and would like to know if any of you succeeded with using the printed transfer forms and mailing them. If so, what's the timeline?

Thanks
Bruce
I too would like to know if anyone was successful emailing or faxing the paper app?
Old 07-28-2022, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
I attempted this as well but kept getting dropped by the queue.

The nice lady I talked to however did give me the actual extension for the queue.

1800 731-4000

hit 1, 1 then enter extension 2502

If there is room in the queue you will be in it. Otherwise it just drops your call with a message saying they can't answer.

Thanks for the tip, worked great. Used this this morning. Phoned in about 8 Alberta time, got through first try, had reference number by 8:30. Nice lady says it is way easier to get through early or late. Basically open at 9 eastern and close at 5 B.C. time, M-F. Said once buyer calls in, they will email approvals.
Old 07-29-2022, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Do you happen to have the AB CFO number? I can't find it on the gov pages. Thanks
Old 07-29-2022, 11:29 AM

Alberta CFO extension is 9026.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 07-31-2022, 12:39 PM

Hi. Just curious what other details do you need when phoning in other than your Name and PAL number. Thanks