Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-22-2022, 10:55 AM

Default Outboard Service in Edmonton

Looking for experience with various marine service centres in Edmonton or surrounding area. I am shortly relocating to Hinton and looking for somewhere that does reputable work on an 2 stroke outboard jets. I picked up a 1991 Yamaha 50/35 2 stroke, tiller jet outboard this year and have yet to put it on a boat, but need it looked at and tuned up.

If anyone has any recommendations in the Edmonton or surrounding area (Hinton/Edson/Athabasca or anywhere near) I’d like to have someone trusted go over this motor.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 11-22-2022, 11:06 AM

I have used Free Spirit Marine in Edmonton(99st and North of Argyll)when our Evinrude 9.9 needed work. I have also done Ins claims through work with them and never had a owner have an issue.
Old 11-22-2022, 02:36 PM

Tournament Marine out by Spruce Grove was able to fix a Johnson 120 which had a number of different jetted carbs bolted on, none of which worked properly.

It was a motor with a rebuilt powerhead, and whomever was on the bench that day mixed up carburetors.

Tournament re jetted the carbs to our elevation, and did a dyno test, and yes, it is 120 hp + at our altitude.

Something to think about with a carb 2 stroke especially on a jet leg.

Drewski
Old 11-22-2022, 06:49 PM

Riverside Marine in St.Albert is a Yamaha and Honda dealer, warranty and service center for outboards.

I have always been absolutely satisfied and super happy with their work, their honesty and integrity and prices. They won't replace or bill you for stuff your engine doesn't need and are great on communicating your options/costs when they inspect the work.
Old 11-23-2022, 10:28 AM

Free Spirit or Riverside. I have dealt with both over the years and never had an issue. Always figured out what if anything the motors needed and never over charged or replaced parts that did not need it.

Either one will do very good work on your jet.