Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

View Poll Results: How often do you post pics on AO?
I post pics often 9 7.69%
I post pics occasionally 48 41.03%
I used to post pics often but only occasionally now 10 8.55%
I used to post pics often but totally stopped 23 19.66%
I never post pics 27 23.08%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2012, 12:50 PM

Default Posting pics

Do you post pics?

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 03-05-2012, 12:52 PM

Just did my first one....I wish they would increase the size limits on the pictures you can upload....but I guess that's why most people use 3rd party sites to host there pics.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:03 PM

Used to post the odd pic but now with all the BS that happens any time, anyone, EVER, posts a picture.

I dont want the "peanut gallery" and "the politically correct police" flaming me, for posting a pic for others to enjoy.

In fact, its so retarded I only ever post when I feel strongly that someone needs to shut the ____ up.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherguy31 View Post
Just did my first one....I wish they would increase the size limits on the pictures you can upload....but I guess that's why most people use 3rd party sites to host there pics.
Given all the adverts on here, and the volume of content provided by members, the site should really be upgraded in this regard.

I post pictures fairly regularly, but more often when the weather is warm.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Do you post pics?
Post pictures and have some couch jokey call me a poacher cause i get out more than him...like guys always seem to do on here....no chance!
Old 03-05-2012, 01:19 PM

I used to post pics all the time, but after the last go round where I was trying to warn people about thin ice on wab and a truck going through, and being called a liar for it I'll share my pics with my buddies and that's it.

Admin and mods need to take a long hard look at the direction this site is heading, I've heard negative feedback about the site from people that aren't even members. I used to love posting my pics on here for everyone to see. It's a shame really that such a good thing is turning so negative.

Andy
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 03-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Banned

Cool

when i am smart enough to figure out how, I will post pic's. my android 0.5 hates me so will continue to be pic less. a friendly AO member has offered his help. so I hope in the near future to become one of the less faceless members on the form. I must admit that some posts upset me when I feel our resource is being pushed. how ever after a respectful mauling by a certain ursa horriblis. I under stand if you dont have anything positive to add keep it to your self. perhaps a pm is in order if you are truly upset. twice now I have suggested the folks cool their jets on post bashing. I can smell ursa from a fair distance.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:38 PM

I chose "I post pics occasionally," as I do (I posted photos of a weird tree in my office just today).

I have, however, NEVER posted photos of any fish I've caught. And, it will stay that way.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Do you post pics?

Good Poll Jay! Think we both know where this is going and the likely results but will be good to see results.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:51 PM

I use to post all sorts of pictures , but got sick and tired of all the critiquers .

I dont think its so hard to sit back enjoy a picture , And give your wishes and thoughts , but not bash a guy about his pictures .

Thats why I quit . Once in a blue moon I may post one or 2 but it has to pretty damn special thing .
Old 03-05-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
I used to post pics all the time, but after the last go round where I was trying to warn people about thin ice on wab and a truck going through, and being called a liar for it I'll share my pics with my buddies and that's it.

Admin and mods need to take a long hard look at the direction this site is heading, I've heard negative feedback about the site from people that aren't even members. I used to love posting my pics on here for everyone to see. It's a shame really that such a good thing is turning so negative.

Andy
I know where you're coming from Andy and how the forum has helped your family in the past.

Not sure what the Mods can do though other than keep banning and suspending members. Most Mods have full time jobs beyond this and can't patrol every post in every thread in every category 24/7. Can't really interrogate members prior to allowing them to sign up. It's a public forum.

But you're bang on, particulary in the Fishing Forum, there are times when all sheet hits the fan all at once. I think it's related to the solunar tables and moon phases as well as cabin fever as Geezle said.

IMO
Old 03-05-2012, 01:58 PM

I only post pics in hunti.g season... As I cut my fishing down by 99%. Lol
Old 03-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Banned

It's time again for Hitler ranting about fishing buddy and posting pics,,, my favorite bit is on a turkey hitler shot and how fast people critiqued the pics he posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFH794vQfQY
Old 03-05-2012, 02:45 PM

I don't post for three reasons:

1. I'm too busy fishing to take pictures or worry about having my picture taken....just want to get the fish back in the water.

2. Not that I give the critics a reason to blast any of my photos...I can't be bothered after seeing what others go through.

3. Last but not least, I just don't think most of my catches are anything worth bragging about.

That being said I really do enjoy the pictures posted on here and hope that those who do post continue to do so.

Chris
Old 03-05-2012, 02:53 PM

I'll post things I figure are interesting enough, mainly to share with the good group of fishing buddies I have managed to assemble from this sight. As for any na-sayers who may be negative, they have obviously confused me with someone who gives a **##.

BTW...well played Geezle....well played.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris84 View Post
I don't post for three reasons:

1. I'm too busy fishing to take pictures or worry about having my picture taken....just want to get the fish back in the water.

2. Not that I give the critics a reason to blast any of my photos...I can't be bothered after seeing what others go through.

3. Last but not least, I just don't think most of my catches are anything worth bragging about.

That being said I really do enjoy the pictures posted on here and hope that those who do post continue to do so.

Chris
I was thinking what to say but you nailed it buddy. Personally i'm not that good at doing it, but it is not on the top of my priority list when I'm doing a catch and release. I do enjoy everyones posting of pictures none the less. I read an article a few years ago about "fishing alone" and the luxury of keeping some memories for yourself. That stuck with me as well.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacklerunner View Post
I know where you're coming from Andy and how the forum has helped your family in the past.

Not sure what the Mods can do though other than keep banning and suspending members. Most Mods have full time jobs beyond this and can't patrol every post in every thread in every category 24/7. Can't really interrogate members prior to allowing them to sign up. It's a public forum.

But you're bang on, particulary in the Fishing Forum, there are times when all sheet hits the fan all at once. I think it's related to the solunar tables and moon phases as well as cabin fever as Geezle said.

IMO
They don't have to patrol every post, because there is a "Notify Moderator" at the top right of each post.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:13 PM

I like the debates that come from people posting pics. Always interesting to read peoples perspectives and learn new information. I would try to not get too butt hurt if someone didn't like my pictures or had some information to pass along.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Banned

I don't usually carry a camera with me and I don't know how to send a photo from my old flip phone to my computer......lol. I've managed to post a few pictures mainly with someone else's help (ie sending a picture from my phone to them, and them sending it to my computer).

I really couldn't care less about anyone saying whatever they wanted over anything that I post, pictures or otherwise. They are entitled to their opinion the same as everyone else and I wouldn't want to see it any other way. I don't like the idea of someone deciding what I should and shouldn't read (within reason) and I think that more censoring of people's opinions on the forum would not be a good thing. If a thread turns into a train wreck, like Chubb's, then by all means, shut it down.

Not engaging with photo critics would probably help.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:41 PM

Yeah I post lots of pics here. No flack. Just one I had a Lucky Lager beer on the bumper of my truck behind a dead bull moose............it was hayseeds...I swear.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 03-05-2012, 03:48 PM

I have only posted a few photos on this site, but I am not that good of fishermen, so I don’t catch a lot of big fish to brag about.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:05 PM

I try my best to post photos, but I'm not gonna lie, the photos are the thing that really gets me interested in a fishing report/update.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertafisher View Post
I try my best to post photos, but I'm not gonna lie, the photos are the thing that really gets me interested in a fishing report/update.
Me too, I love the pics!

I just love seeing the fish. One reason why I love sight fishing my new spot, you can see fish swimming around the whole time.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Banned

funny how many people say they post pics alot and never seen a pic of theirs yet....... guess I was not on those days ....lol I post pics cause I don't care you want to b___h about my pics I'll B____H back specially if your one that DON"T post pics.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:12 PM

I post pics....but I have decided to really scrutinize the pics I post before they go up. If there is anything someone might look at the wrong way forget it....

I totally understand where Sureshot is coming from....I also notice guys like BBJ and Geezle post pics less which is a shame because they usually have some nice ones to post.

It is too bad that people have to hammer each other about pics all the time.....sad really.

Not to single folks out but it seems alot of it is new people (or seemingly new.....maybe old banned members with a new handle?? ) that really hit below the belt on pics and comments....what happened to treat others like you want to be treated ?....shame shame....

If this keeps up at this rate I could see the forum turning into a subscribe only....or closing all together....

LC
Old 03-05-2012, 05:30 PM

Default Sure

all the time. most enjoy seeing my pictures, and i enjoy taking them and sharing. i try to encourage others when i see good pics here to continue to do so, as i also enjoy seeing other members adventures. i believe most fisherman do. sometimes i wonder how many members that visit the fishing forum have even wet a line. i have big shoulders and even thicker skin, and am confident doing what i love to do. nobody on this site is going to scare me to into thinking otherwise. enjoy the pics.

Dace
Old 03-05-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daceminnow View Post
all the time. most enjoy seeing my pictures, and i enjoy taking them and sharing. i try to encourage others when i see good pics here to continue to do so, as i also enjoy seeing other members adventures. i believe most fisherman do. sometimes i wonder how many members that visit the fishing forum have even wet a line. i have big shoulders and even thicker skin, and am confident doing what i love to do. nobody on this site is going to scare me to into thinking otherwise. enjoy the pics.

Dace
X2 if someone doesnt like my pics, or something in them, thats their business. My pics and whats in them is my business. dont like them dont look.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 03-05-2012, 06:07 PM

The board has changed over the years, it seems that they let the haters keep going and when you question them you get suspended...
Jmo
Old 03-05-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot View Post

Andy
X2, good thread Jay !
Old 03-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps73 View Post
The board has changed over the years, it seems that they let the haters keep going and when you question them you get suspended...
Jmo
Yup,

it's not just posting pics. It's posting in general.

Just look at the new guy with the thread about fish handling information.

Getting torn a new one pretty quick. Real nice introduction to the community.

Blatant racism and racial slurs, hate speech, and general harassment are all tolerated by the mods.

See you guys next week.