Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

View Poll Results: How often do you post pics on AO?
I post pics often 9 7.69%
I post pics occasionally 48 41.03%
I used to post pics often but only occasionally now 10 8.55%
I used to post pics often but totally stopped 23 19.66%
I never post pics 27 23.08%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Yup,

it's not just posting pics. It's posting in general.

Just look at the new guy with the thread about fish handling information.

Getting torn a new one pretty quick. Real nice introduction to the community.

Blatant racism and racial slurs, hate speech, and general harassment are all tolerated by the mods.

See you guys next week.
Man yer quick but the new guy has been on AO a lot longer then you 2007 .....lololololololol
Old 03-05-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
Man yer quick but the new guy has been on AO a lot longer then you 2007 .....lololololololol
LOL, good call Horse !!!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:33 PM

I still post pics as often as I did before. I'm sick and tired of feeling restricted to share my fishing stories and photos just because of some idiots who sit around in front of their screen all day just to stir up BS instead of actually going out to go fishing.

People can mess with life, but people can't mess with time.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:38 PM

Thumbs up

I share pics, and lots of 'em.
As long as I'm getting out on the water, I shall continue to do so.
As a matter of fact, I think I'll post a fishing report from yesterday on the Bow River- with lots of pics!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
Admin and mods need to take a long hard look at the direction this site is heading, I've heard negative feedback about the site from people that aren't even members. I used to love posting my pics on here for everyone to see. It's a shame really that such a good thing is turning so negative.

Andy
ive noticed a downhill slide as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacklerunner View Post
Not sure what the Mods can do though other than keep banning and suspending members. IMO
too often repeat offenders are given a free pass. i feel one mod in particular likes to show a little too much favoritism. no offence to the mods doing their best....and you guys know who i mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
They don't have to patrol every post, because there is a "Notify Moderator" at the top right of each post.
yep...unless they are on the freebie list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertafisher View Post
I try my best to post photos, but I'm not gonna lie, the photos are the thing that really gets me interested in a fishing report/update.
far and away the best part of this or any forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Not to single folks out but it seems alot of it is new people (or seemingly new.....maybe old banned members with a new handle?? ) that really hit below the belt on pics and comments....what happened to treat others like you want to be treated ?....shame shame....

If this keeps up at this rate I could see the forum turning into a subscribe only....or closing all together....

LC
yup, some very good guys gone for personal crap with some here, yet others get away with far worse as they rub the right bums. some of the banned garbage just cant stay gone though no matter how much others wish they would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps73 View Post
The board has changed over the years, it seems that they let the haters keep going and when you question them you get suspended...
Jmo
BINGO!!!
Old 03-05-2012, 09:09 PM

I haven't been bombarded for posting pics yet so I will continue to do so. If and when someone harrasses me for my pitures they can shove it up their you know what. I enjoy getting out and taking pictures for the memories and will continue to share with you all. I know most of you appreciate viewing them as I like to view others.

If they need to allow only those who subscribe to the magazine on the forum I'm fine with that as well. I'm also a paying customer.

@BobLoblaw - Keep posting bud, love your pics everytime
Old 03-06-2012, 12:34 AM

Quite the spread in the poll since I posted it from work on my lunch break...I'm curious to see how this plays out after a couple days

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
I chose "I post pics occasionally," as I do (I posted photos of a weird tree in my office just today).

I have, however, NEVER posted photos of any fish I've caught. And, it will stay that way.
I hear ya Shelley, and I'm thinking a lot of people operate similarly regarding posting pics.

There may be a follow-up poll in the General section in a couple days...

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 03-06-2012, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daceminnow View Post
all the time. most enjoy seeing my pictures, and i enjoy taking them and sharing. i try to encourage others when i see good pics here to continue to do so, as i also enjoy seeing other members adventures. i believe most fisherman do. sometimes i wonder how many members that visit the fishing forum have even wet a line. i have big shoulders and even thicker skin, and am confident doing what i love to do. nobody on this site is going to scare me to into thinking otherwise. enjoy the pics.

Dace
Love it Dace!

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 03-06-2012, 12:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
There may be a follow-up poll in the General section in a couple days...
There was a similar problem with the cyber ethics patrol with pictures and posts on the hunting forum last year. It eventually sorted itself out and is not as much of an issue now. JMO but I'm not sure that digging up bones by posting a similar thread/poll on the general section is warranted for other sections, it'd just stir the pot, but whatever. Things seem to be already starting to get back to normal around here.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:24 AM
Banned

I do the vast majority of my fishing solo and release 95%+(?) of the fish I catch.That said,I prefer to release my catch as quickly and stress free as possible as opposed to a whole buncha excessive friggin around for a hero shot.

Regarding the poll,"I rarely post pics" would have been my choice had that been an option?it wasn't,so I went with "never"?
Old 03-06-2012, 05:14 AM

I would love to post more pics but usually do not catch the ones worth snapping. I love looking at other guys pics though and do not have to be an A.. on this forum. Respect of other members is definately in order here
Old 03-06-2012, 05:40 AM

I like the pics posted on here. I will post the ones that I think are worth posting. Not too many tho as I forget to take the camera most times with me.

When you don't like someones remarks, There is an ignore button that you can use. I suggest using it more often. You can allways take them off it if you like at a later date.

Keep posting the great pics everyone.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:22 AM

I post some pics, not tons. I only get to Alberta to fish about 3 times a year so the rest of my fish come from Saskatchewan and the States, and I am not sure how much people care to see Sask fish on this forum.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:34 AM

I have posted a few pictures as well, and I don't think it matters where you are from or where the fish etc come from that are posted. I enjoy looking at them and seeing the success of others... and I'm new to the forum...
Old 03-06-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
There was a similar problem with the cyber ethics patrol with pictures and posts on the hunting forum last year. It eventually sorted itself out and is not as much of an issue now. JMO but I'm not sure that digging up bones by posting a similar thread/poll on the general section is warranted for other sections, it'd just stir the pot, but whatever. Things seem to be already starting to get back to normal around here.
The goal certainly isn't/wasn't to stir the pot. The short of it is that I keep seeing people post saying that they stopped posting pics in the fishing forum and I was curious just how many people actually culled back their pic posting and how many didn't.

I don't usually read the hunting related forums so I was kind of curious if the results would be similar or if people are more open to posting pics in the different forums.

Make sense? I hope so, but I'm not 100% sure as I'm still half asleep this morning!

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 03-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Gone Hunting

The last time I put up pictures it was a couple three years ago. I had blotted out the background in some cranker hard water pike pictures, and was chastized and railed about how I dont own the water yada yada, and it was ignorant/disrespectful etc to even share them without successive/more information. If guys arent moaning about one thing its another, and its not just on this computer site. No one wants to congratulate, instead, the first question out of these marginal d**k heads mouths is, where'd ya get that??, wether it relate to hunting or fishing. Right there theyve proven they dont have a sniff, are lazy, and are not even worth the time of day. Learn proper C&R tactics, learn how to handle the ultra sensitive large fish, stop slaughtering resources like the world is about to end, work for your wants, and guys will be all too eager to share. Tight lines ladies.

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 03-06-2012, 09:31 AM

Previously I used this forum only to research lakes, equipment,general info, but since creating an account in Nov. It is interesting to see the pics that people post....I notice some people fish almost everyday and some will post pics of their daily catch(I will think to myself: this guy must eat a ton of fish???) where as the next guy throws up a post saying(great catch...AGAIN...you better hope F&W does not start raiding freezers, are those fish even legal?) it just starts a war and the original thread is gone...it is easy to spot...ie. A topic that may have been idle for a day and then catches fire in an hour, I usually stop reading when a thread goes bad and it is really too bad because there is a lot of good info and some interesting pics that will never be seen or heard for fear of offending or wronging someone...I have only been a member for about 4 months and have posted a few pics/vids and have received no trash talk and a lot of good info...I will continue to post pics even if people decide to be negative, I think most members are trying to be constructive, but there will always be a few that get their kicks from continually stirring the pot...
Old 03-06-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorne View Post
I'll post things I figure are interesting enough, mainly to share with the good group of fishing buddies I have managed to assemble from this sight. As for any na-sayers who may be negative, they have obviously confused me with someone who gives a **##.

BTW...well played Geezle....well played.
X2 I don't post pictures as often as I used to, then again lately I avent been able to get out as much. And I've been guilty of picking on someone for a picture they have posted, you know who you are and my sincere apologies.

I think there alot of folks that are just looking for a reaction by posting a negative comment about someones pics.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:34 PM

I think the overall agreement to this thread is Everyone enjoys looking at them, if you like to post, or have an opportunity to post then go for it. I would rather look at a small fish, or out of focus than none at all. I havent posted a picture since Jay and I had our contest of who was going to be the last one to catch a fish in the NSR, but my laziness should not be an excuse. Bottom line there are more people that appreciatte your picture than want to knock it. Dont let them win.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
I don't usually read the hunting related forums so I was kind of curious if the results would be similar or if people are more open to posting pics in the different forums.
On second thoughts maybe it would be a good idea to start a thread in general just to see how people's thinking has changed or not.

There was one thread in particular, complete with pictures, in the hunting section that I remember hearing things like, "That's why I don't post pictures here anymore.", etc, etc. The OP had shot an elk at last light and left finding it until the next morning because he was worried about a grizzly that he had seen in the area earlier and he didn't want to bump into it in the dark. The next day he found the elk half eaten/buried by the grizzly.

I thought that it was a great story but some people found fault in it and said so. Every now and again there's a picture or story that will raise some emotion but generally speaking picture bashing is not the norm in the hunting section.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
On second thoughts maybe it would be a good idea to start a thread in general just to see how people's thinking has changed or not.

There was one thread in particular, complete with pictures, in the hunting section that I remember hearing things like, "That's why I don't post pictures here anymore.", etc, etc. The OP had shot an elk at last light and left finding it until the next morning because he was worried about a grizzly that he had seen in the area earlier and he didn't want to bump into it in the dark. The next day he found the elk half eaten/buried by the grizzly.

I thought that it was a great story but some people found fault in it and said so. Every now and again there's a picture or story that will raise some emotion but generally speaking picture bashing is not the norm in the hunting section.

Your so right Dave. I juwt started hunting this fall and posted a few pictures and nobody bashed me for my animals being too this or too that.

95% of the time the hunting pictures get blessed. 5% of the time the fishing ones do. Its sad. I've met a lot of great people on this site and will continue to do so. I get pictures sent to me from members all the time. Tests, email, bbm's and facebook. I love seeing buddies catches. Makes me feel like I'm out there with them.

When I went on a recent trip to Wisconsin and gor pics text tonme from Sureshot they were a huge hit down there. Not everyday you see a 15lb pike.

I say post the pics, ignore the stupidity and report the dumb posts to the mods to delete and let's get the fishing section photo threads back to how they should be, for everyone to enjoy