Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-15-2024, 09:29 PM

Default The Personal Insurance Company

Has anyone had any experience with this insurance company? They off discount rates to my professional group.

Thx in advance.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:09 PM

After 25 years with Melloche Monnex, I switched to the personal. MM was my professional association go to but they changed to the personal a few years ago. Definitely saved money.....can't recall how much.

After 25 years with MM, not even so much as a thank you.

I hate banks and insurance companies BTW.
Old 04-16-2024, 08:40 AM

I get a discount as well - to date they have been pretty good, but I've never had a claim so it's really hard to say.
Old 04-16-2024, 09:06 AM

I have my auto policy with them, also due to a discount offered to my professional group. I haven't had to make a claim yet, but their pricing for the coverage I have was very competitive.
Old 04-16-2024, 01:32 PM

I have home and auto. I had a home claim for water damage last year and it was a pain to deal with their people all down east and trying to weasel out of paying for some things. I was ready to switch to another company when my renewal was up last September but it looks like I’m likely stuck with them until another company will take me on. Not worth the savings I had for a couple years after switching from MM.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...light=personal
Old 04-16-2024, 01:43 PM

I have them for my auto insurance. I too get a discount through my professional designation. For my wifes vehicle, my truck and quad, i am paying roughly the same amount i was for just my truck through wawanesa.

I haven't yet to submit a claiim through them so i can't comment on that.
Old 04-16-2024, 04:49 PM

Just to add to the discounts, many if not most insurers have discounts for certain universities, certain jobs etc. The problem is many brokers never ask so it doesnt get entered into the appropriate field for the discount. I worked in insurance for a couple years on the training side and saw it all the time while observing. I even would lightly question the brokers and got sloughed off. There are many ways to get discounts but if your broker doesnt ask and doesnt enter it no discount. 1 of the reasons why 2 neighbours can have the same coverage from the same company and have different costs. 1 gets discounts all over and 1 just gets the normal obvious ones. Buyer beware.