Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-24-2012, 10:09 AM

Default Clear / PCR Saturday

Clear lake 12" of ice. Safe enough to drive on. Fished off the rock point, seen 2 monster pike. Landed one snot rocket. Another forum member landed a few. PCR 10" of ice. Could drive on but would wait till after Xmas to be sure. 15 eyes 3 burbs and 3 pike from 5pm till 10 PM. On another note the wife had seen a mark on the flasher do she leaned out of her chair to have a peek down hers hole. Just then "Marty" now named who is a real friendly muskrat pops out of her hole and sat right at her feet. WELL!!! I Thought the world was coming to an end the way she screamed. Lol was great stuff. Anyways Marty was in my hole then her and back and forth. Little guy started to walk around the shack. Eating chips bringing up weeds and chowing down even had a little snooze. Cute little guy. Wife did not think so however. Short vid below of the little guy

Old 12-24-2012, 10:52 AM

Thats an awesome video! Good to see couples getting out on the ice having some fun. Because of the little ones I cant seem to ever get the lil lady out for some fishing. If I succeed and a muskrat joins the party though, i'm sure she'd try to capture it and take it home as a pet lol.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:35 AM

Thanks for posting the muskrat...I thought your wife seen a Burb...LOL
Suprised he didn't come over to my holes...Got out and set up around 10am...The bite was on..Landed a double double header...video attached..Had alot of strikes, let them run with it for awhile but kept spitting it out. Slowed down around 2 so decided to head to pcr for burbs...Caught a baby and that was it, while JTS1 and his wife were landing walleye...As there bite was on, had to pack up and head home...Pretty chilly at -30 with the wind chill but braved it anyways

Sorry, having issues with the video. Will post it soon
Old 12-24-2012, 12:21 PM

Awsome video! Thanks for the post.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:22 PM

Haha...

That's awesome Jeff. Would've loved to have joined you guys, but the truck is now in the garage with the tranny half removed.

I am dying to get out for some fishing...but then again, looking at that temp, I dunno if the missus is quite that tough to brave it. I am just happy that she loves fishing as much as she does...but I have a feeling that might be pushing it.

Cute little 'skrat!

"There seems to be alot of urinating in breakfast cereal around here." - Rackman, 2010

"It is true, there are dead beat dads out there, and there are thousands of dead beat moms too, who live off the efforts of good men trying to do the right thing." -KegRiver, 2011

"You have social media to thank for turning everyone into self-righteous know-it-alls.." -random internet dude, 2015
Old 12-24-2012, 12:37 PM

that is hilarious-- . thanks - needed that on this cooold xmas eve .
Old 12-24-2012, 04:53 PM

Great video!!!
Old 12-24-2012, 05:49 PM

awsome funny video man the first thing i thought of after watching your video is funniest home video win some cash. lol
Old 12-25-2012, 11:52 AM

Default nice

got this one last december by the boat launch in 3 feet of water pike 1.jpg
Old 12-25-2012, 11:55 AM

had to take him home though had a hard time getting the hook out and lost alot of blood i ate him talk about steaks lol
Old 12-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Banned

We have caught 17 Pike and 1 Burbot by that Rock Point in 2 trips last week. Biggest Pike was 2.9 kgs (on scale) and the Burbot was a fair bit bigger then him. I have a pic of the burbot some I am not bsing, just have not put it on my comp yet. Will be out there friday. Seemed to have the most luck about 15 ft south of the rock wall in around 8' of water. Burbot was caught on the Northside about 30 ft N.E of the Rock wall. Have been using Herrings and Smelts on tip ups, Herrin have been garnering more attention then the smelts. Will be out there Friday morning.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
Thanks for posting the muskrat...I thought your wife seen a Burb...LOL
Suprised he didn't come over to my holes...Got out and set up around 10am...The bite was on..Landed a double double header...video attached..Had alot of strikes, let them run with it for awhile but kept spitting it out. Slowed down around 2 so decided to head to pcr for burbs...Caught a baby and that was it, while JTS1 and his wife were landing walleye...As there bite was on, had to pack up and head home...Pretty chilly at -30 with the wind chill but braved it anyways

Sorry, having issues with the video. Will post it soon
Couldnt get the video to work, so a pic has to do....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (109.0 KB, 106 views)
Old 12-27-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutter87 View Post
Will be out there Friday morning.

I'm heading to Clear on friday as well, only been there once and we just drilled beside the rockpile. If that's where everyone fishes it probably looks like swiss cheese by now. Thanks for the herring tip, we were using smelts and had the most bites on the pink ones.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:56 PM

I think I will head there as well fri morning. Never fished there before but always wanted to.
Looking at google maps for the rock pile or access...boat launch by the campground? Just gonna be walking on...
Old 12-27-2012, 01:18 PM

I forget the roads and it's hard to find out on my phone but it's easy to access the rockpile spot. Turn east at Stavely, watch for a little blue sign that says Clear Lake campground and turn south. Watch for another little blue sign and turn east again. Drive past the huge irrigation puddle (don't worry, that's not the lake) and when you get to the lake turn left to the end of the parking lot. You'll see the big rock peninsula everyone's talking about.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:11 PM

Cool, thanks...I will be there, grey jeep and brown carharts...probably scratch my head looking for pike...
Old 12-27-2012, 06:34 PM

Thats a great video !
Old 12-27-2012, 09:35 PM

Ill be there tomr morning just look for the 30 lbs pike on the ice
Old 12-30-2012, 12:48 AM

Had one bother us both at PCR and Clear lake early this morning too. Sat beside the heater for a few mins and leave again. Come back thru a different hole and walk around lol.... Cool little guy.