Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-24-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags View Post
How do you distinguish between the hunters and the ones wanting to steal your vehicle?
Pretty easy to tell if a guy is a hunter when you're the one driving by. Not so much when they're out driving in their vehicle. Although in saying that if they're driving in full camo and wanting to stop and talk, I dont mind chatting. Its the lack of chatting and turn around that had me on edge.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:36 PM

I don't think I'd stop to talk to you if you are walking by the road with an arrow in your bow. also, maybe they were meeting friends in the area and mistook your vehicle for their's and then their friends showed up.

don't be paranoid as there is really nothing you can do. the antis burnt a hunter's truck last year while he was out hunting. no one was caught.

let it riiiiiiide
Old 10-24-2017, 08:44 PM

Happened to me last summer. noticed a car following me closely and then he dropped back. I never thought about it until I parked and was getting ready to unload the dog from the back seat. The car pulled in right in front of me and I thought maybe guy needed directions. As soon as he saw the dog he took off. What I learned was always be ready and keep the dog and a can of bear spray close.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:12 AM

I say it's better to be safe than sorry.

I work downtown and get there early in the morning. Usually you see the meth heads and pimps milling about, coming down off their drug of choice from the night before. I've had a few encounters with them and I always stay vigilant of them now.