Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-26-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justletmehunt View Post
I like the P90X program. Don't buy the discs. Just go on Youtube and watch them there. The cardio, yoga and isometrics are hell but they work.
I've had great results with P90X. Take it easy though. Don't feel like you have to finish the workouts the first week or so. It'll kick your butt, but it's great!
Old 01-26-2015, 03:25 PM

Get a job or second job doing manual labour.construction,landscaping,snow removal etc.
Why not get paid to work out ? And much more effective then a hour two at the gym.
I have had jobs that made people question if i was on roids six months later and i was far from fit when i started.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:55 PM

Out of curiosity, have you consulted a registered dietician (RD)?

How much weight do you need to lose and age can be factors in your decision making process.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:07 PM

Just get active!! Ride a bike. Cut some wood. Hit a heavy punching bag.

Unplug the TV and stick it under the stairs! Park in the farthest spot away from the door to the store. Take the stairs. Stay away from the vending machine. Eat colorful, fresh food. Carry a water bottle with you everywhere, and drink from it lots...cover the bottle with stickers, it becomes part of you, and you will actually be proud of it. Join a triathlon club (It sounds extreme, but it really isn't!!). Get up half an hour earlier and go for a walk to explore your neighborhood. Don't eat nachos before bed...have a banana or an apple. Ride your bike to work. Get off the bus one stop earlier and walk.

All of these things will improve your outlook, and make you feel way better about yourself. No Gym needed...

Ozz
Old 01-26-2015, 06:54 PM

If its serious weight loss your after, it's 90% diet. Focus on calorie reduction no lower than 1600 cals minimum a day if you have a desk job with high protein to stave off hunger. Ditch the junk food and processed crap as much as you can. Weigh your raw portions!! The eyes lie!

Supplement with any High Intensity Cardio regime (adjust intake calories for estimated burn should use a heartrate monitor or underestimate cals burned) and some weight training so muscle loss is minimized as much as possible.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren008 View Post
If its serious weight loss your after, it's 90% diet. Focus on calorie reduction no lower than 1600 cals minimum a day if you have a desk job with high protein to stave off hunger. Ditch the junk food and processed crap as much as you can. Weigh your raw portions!! The eyes lie!

Supplement with any High Intensity Cardio regime (adjust intake calories for estimated burn should use a heartrate monitor or underestimate cals burned) and some weight training so muscle loss is minimized as much as possible.
Good advice...and eat lots of green. That will make everything "slide" out well. Lol
Old 01-26-2015, 07:21 PM

I'm using an app called My Fitness Pal. Really easy. Track everything you put in your mouth. You'd be surprised at how much a portion really is.