Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-27-2008, 07:37 PM

Default another season

Well guys another season in the books, and some awsome looking animals being harvested abroad, and some great stories as well. Myself , well cant say it was a total loss, i got out a few times in the great outdoors got some great excercise . Didnt fill any of my tags, but hey you win some you loose some.
Was kinda wondering if any folks from here would like to get out in the off season maybe for some camping , quading adventures ect, share some laughs and a few beers. Im trying to expand my hunting network a little as i cant seem to find any reliable hunting partners. Id like to get out with some more seasoned people who can show a relitively new hunter a few things. Same goes for fishing, i like to get out fishing but since i moved here from Ontario ( and my much needed steelhead) , i just havent found many folks to get out with.
Not trying to sound like i dont like going about it myself , i just enjoy it alot more with others. A close encounter with a buried cougar kill last weekend kinda put a dampener on my weekend hunt where i had permission, as I was flying solo. ( figured it was best to not make a new enemy that day lol)
Anyways guys, like i said im looking to expand my freinds a bit here, if any of you would like to get together in the off season shoot me a private message. I live about 30 min south of Edmonton and usually spend the summers camping and quading the Rockies. Im open to all types of hunting, although i have to admit I have a certain adiction for elk meat, never tried bear hunting yet, and well cougars would be kinad neat to try as well.
Anyways thanks to all for taking the time to read the above, thanks for all the great stories and pictures this year, and hope you all have found some sucsess.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:48 AM

Glad to hear you enjoyed the season Dragon. I'll shoot you a PM and maybe we can try to tackle an elk next year.