Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 09-04-2014, 02:06 PM

Default Help!!!

I'm in a tough spot here gents. I noticed last night while hunting that one of the limbs on my Mathews HeliM is starting to crack and has a small sliver near the limb turret. I'm in need of new limbs which after talking to Trophy Book will be a 4-6 week wait. THAT DOESN'T WORK FOR A BOWHUNTER!!! Neil @ Lost Arrow was willing to pull out of elk camp to try and help me out. I'm not going to be the d**k that does that to a fellow hunter, but for him to even offer - Top Notch. Basically I'm looking for another HeliM to purchase and do a limb swap onto my riser. Then when the new limbs come in on warranty I can just sell the other bow. Never should have let my back up bow go. Always had one and never needed it. Murphy's Law. If anyone knows where there is a new 70lb right hand HeliM on the rack somewhere, please let me know. If I fail to find one I guess I'm getting into a new rig. The cost isn't the issue but getting comfortable with a new bow in short order sure can be. I've called & talked to every archery shop that would answer the phone. I'm sure some of these boys are out hunting. Don't blame them. That's what I want to be doing. Any info is greatly appreciated!!!
Old 09-04-2014, 02:11 PM

Default helim

Did you try Lawrence at Accurate Archery he is a Mathews Dealer in Alberta Beach
Old 09-04-2014, 02:31 PM

I have a helim for sale it's a lefty though I dunno if the limbs are hand specific. I wanted to sell it as a package but if the limbs art Hand specific and your interested I'll hook you a deal. Shoot me a pm
Old 09-04-2014, 03:28 PM

Default Crisis averted. For now.

Was just in at Trophy Book as they wanted to see it to determine if it was a failure or damage. It is indeed a failure and will be covered by warranty. The way it is splitting is so small that they and Mathews say it is safe to shoot. I'm going to keep my shot count down with my hunting regime of one hunting arrow per day. Short and long is I'm back in the game. Velvet Princes beware!

Thanks for the offer Brohym. If the need arises I will be in touch.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:36 PM

I shot mine 3rd set of limbs with a small hairline crack for about a month ... no a big deal .. just keep an eye on it.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:31 PM

If you are going to shoot it get them to run some super glue in the crack. Won't hurt, and if the shop does it there is no discussion about if it should be done or not when it comes to warranty

Last edited by petew; 09-04-2014 at 04:40 PM.