Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-12-2013, 11:49 PM

Default #1 Boating Rule

So on Friday afternoon a friend of mine was fishing Twin Valley......all good until his motor crapped out, he was out there with his 2 sons. There was a boat that drove right past them as they were waving life jackets and cooler top, the driver looked straight at them and decided it was a inconvience to tow them the 5 minutes back to the launch. I really do hope and don't believe anyone on this forum would neglect another person who is in distress. My other fishing buddy made the drive from Calgary and went and saved them (true friend). My message to the moron who obviously doesn't know the rules or is just chosing to ignore them........KARMA IS A BITCH!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 12:00 AM
Banned

some people are just ignorant. Think for themselves and only of themselves. Help people out in distress, one day it could be you.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:13 AM
Banned

you are required by law to assist someone in distress on the water as long as it is safe to do so.
i agree that karma is a bitch and i hope that a-hole has some coming.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:44 AM

Reminds me of a coupe years ago at gull lake came up to the dock and there was a 50 year old Asian man in an absolute panic finally got him talking and his daughter and grand son were out in a dingy and the wind was really going that day and had taken them away from shore to the point they were unable to paddle back to shore. They should never have been on the lake but the guy couldn't get anybody to take him out there and the kid in the dingy could have only been maybe 4 years old.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:18 AM

Wow, that's terrible. I'm seeing more and more rudeness go on out on the water. I blame parents of today, not teaching their children respect, and catering to their every wish. It's sad really.

Fishing Reviews TV - Product Reviews
Old 05-13-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingReviewsTV View Post
Wow, that's terrible. I'm seeing more and more rudeness go on out on the water. I blame parents of today, not teaching their children respect, and catering to their every wish. It's sad really.
It just goes to show that the boating card does nothing, tons of people still have no clue. But there are quite a few responsible ones out there to give me hope.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingReviewsTV View Post
Have to agree with this, was on the water last year with my 4 year old and 2 younger friends. It was 6 pm we were just gonna fish for a couple hrs and hit the hay, we get around the bend and there's a boat dead in the water waving so my friend's say what are we gonna do, stunned I say what the hell do you think help them. pulled their 20 foot ski boat about 1 hr with my little 14' aluminum with a 25 hp motor. They offered money I took none. But for some of these stories with the Jerks i'd ask for funds up front. I was however glad my 4 year old saw what we did cause it sits with him today about how he rescued someone.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHOOCH View Post
So on Friday afternoon a friend of mine was fishing Twin Valley......all good until his motor crapped out, he was out there with his 2 sons. There was a boat that drove right past them as they were waving life jackets and cooler top, the driver looked straight at them and decided it was a inconvience to tow them the 5 minutes back to the launch. I really do hope and don't believe anyone on this forum would neglect another person who is in distress. My other fishing buddy made the drive from Calgary and went and saved them (true friend). My message to the moron who obviously doesn't know the rules or is just chosing to ignore them........KARMA IS A BITCH!!!!!!!
I brought my Dad fishing once a long time ago to LacSteAnne and we were just heading out when we started dragging bottom. We had a small14ft aluminum then so it was no big deal we just had to take the point a little wider. We were watching this guy launch his large inboard type boat then watched him pin in between us and the point we just touched bottom on. We tried to wave to this guy and it was obvious that we were making eye contact but he decided not to slow down and see what we needed or were trying to tell him.
All we could do was watch this pinhead rip his btm leg almost right off. Actually at that point I rather enjoyed watching it. Ironically another small boat came to his aid and towed him in.
Mariners rule buddy Lol.