Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spopadyn View Post
sycophant
That is a great word. I'm always impressed when someone pulls off using a word like that (and even does it correctly)

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
By the way, I searched your posts Waterskeeter, but all I could find was

X2...

WTF? What a sycophant.
bahaha, oh you hurt my feelings Oh no I dont have 1000 posts Im to busy fishing my secret spots lol
Old 04-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
I guess we just have to let waterskeeter and KyleM start there own private little club (clothing optional?) where all they do is tell each other nothing. Boy, that sounds exciting. Morph1 would like to join as well, but no pictures, that guy can photoshop anything!

Glad to see lots of others stand up for the everyman who needs help with where and how to fish. Too many of you to agree with.
Wow that post just shows how mature you really are? Guess we know what fantasies you dream of lol. I have no problem telling anyone about fishing spots or where to go, but i do have my secret ones i keep to myself, but guess thats absurd.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterSkeeter View Post
Yup I agree with him, but never did I tell anyone what to do. I dont give 2 ****s what you do, but I may think different about it.
So I was just curious..... did you ever read a post about somewhere on here and then go and try it out?
Old 04-29-2010, 03:14 PM

It's the 21st century. The use of the internet as a tool to get fishing information is here to stay, wether we like it or not. Just like acess to fishing spots and technology used for fishing is getting better, so is information about hot spots... that's just how it is. Hopefully, fisheries managers take these things into account; I also get annoyed when there's a ton of people crowding "my" spot, but complaining changes nothing, and others have the same right to the spot as I do.

Luckily, we can also use the internet to spread information about conservation as well.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota369 View Post
So I was just curious..... did you ever read a post about somewhere on here and then go and try it out?
Nope cant say I have
Old 04-29-2010, 04:00 PM

I agree and disagree with alot of the statements on here.
I agree with not giving out spots, on lakes. I go to a new lake and I look for structure like a creek or rock outcrop. Then I explore from there.
But the map with all the lakes is a good idea. I dont own any specific lake even though my family has been in Alberta for over 100 years. A lakes location is no secret and it shouldn't be.
People think that if they live on a lake they own it. That isn't true, I own every lake in Alberta as much as anyone else does. There are some private lakes but I don't want to fish somewhere like that anyways!
Old 04-29-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
I guess we just have to let waterskeeter and KyleM start there own private little club (clothing optional?) where all they do is tell each other nothing. Boy, that sounds exciting. Morph1 would like to join as well, but no pictures, that guy can photoshop anything!
haha , funny hey man I'll tell you what I'll join in as long as you're in there dressed only in pink panties, you can stitch in your initials on them too ,

Well I still agree with Kyle and I don't have to attack anyone for it , I am in circle of friends not even from the board and yes we all share everything about fishing...., but unfortunatelly we do not share it with the internet...

I hope I am allowed on here to to have my own views and opinions without much of an argument.....

I hear all the time well 30 years ago fishing was so much better I remember when we used to catch those hawgz, well guess what 30 years ago there was a lot less fishing pressure because there was less population and no INTERNET !!!! - isn't simple less information more fish, less pressure more and better fishing .... whats so hard to understand...
Everyone knows and is aware that we do not have many lakes ..., is our population increasing or decreasing ????? ask yourself the question...

Cheers all,
this thread is very amusing
Old 04-29-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph1 View Post
haha , funny hey man I'll tell you what I'll join in as long as you're in there dressed only in pink panties, you can stitch in your initials on them too
That would be the end to my political career. So much for sending Special Ed packing.

Oh hey WaterSkeeter, I thought I would reply to your post as well

X2......
Old 04-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=spopadyn;575846]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morph1 View Post
haha , funny hey man I'll tell you what I'll join in as long as you're in there dressed only in pink panties, you can stitch in your initials on them too ,

That would be the end to my political career. So much for sending Special Ed packing.

Oh hey WaterSkeeter, I thought I would reply to your post as well

X2......

btw out of my 118 posts on this site iv used "x2" twice
Old 04-29-2010, 05:07 PM
KyleM

This just makes me laugh

As I said, its my opinion. If everyone agreed upon everything this world would be boring.

Walleyes, dont get so upset its just AOF. If I told you directly what to do, I apologize. I love this province because its a beautiful part of Canada, not because of the resources. I dont work on the rigs and have zero to do with oil/gas/logging. Is there something wrong with trying to protect part of Canadas natural resource? Why is it some Albertans feel that this isnt part of Canada? You think you can tell me to go home or get out? Buddy, this is my home just as much as it is yours....I fly the red leaf to.

If it was just a club with the 3 of us then great! We wont share our super secret 1000 fish a day spots with you guys......enjoy fishing with 100 other guys on the lake

Can I get a X2 for crying out loud.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleM View Post
Yet another post on this, I apologize.

After reading some of the posts and threads on this subject I have come to realize that some of us as anglers are living in some sort of magical fantasy land. For the few of you who still refuse to believe that posting specific information will ruin a lake, I suggest you view some of the other forums over the internet.

Many websites have set-up "Rules" for posting fishing reports. They encourage a fishing report but no location. Whats the problem with this?
The more important question is why have they done this? Its because lakes have been destroyed by overfishing, garbage, and LAZY fisherman.

Half the work in fishing is finding spots, you are not an angler if you punch in a GPS tag and watch your screen.

Why cant AOF have a rule like this? The fishing pressure in this province is extremely high on what lakes are here. Ontario has tons of lakes and yet Ontariofishing.net imposes a rule such as the one I stated.

We are living in the past here, we better smarten up with the resource before its gone. Dont say it wont happen, there are many lakes that this has already happened to.
There's Two holes in Life that you dont talk about,and one of them is your Fishing Hole!!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
There's Two holes in Life that you dont talk about,and one of them is your Fishing Hole!!!!
Now thats just awesome and true!
Old 04-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Is there something wrong with trying to protect part of Canadas natural resource? Why is it some Albertans feel that this isnt part of Canada? You think you can tell me to go home or get out? Buddy, this is my home just as much as it is yours....I fly the red leaf to.
See thats just it you don't get it.. What does Canada have to with with this,,, this is Alberta,, Canada can kiss my azz.. You want Canada go move back there.. This is the west boy the only flag I ever fly is blue,,, blue to the bone..
Old 04-29-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyes View Post
See thats just it you don't get it.. What does Canada have to with with this,,, this is Alberta,, Canada can kiss my azz.. You want Canada go move back there.. This is the west boy the only flag I ever fly is blue,,, blue to the bone..
Another Proud Canadian
Old 04-29-2010, 06:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
I actually agree with you on this. I hear alot about "Canadas oil" and "Canadas Oil money", No No No my friend, It is Albertas Oil and Albertas Oil money. Albertas mountains, Albertas lakes, Albertas provincial parks. I dont fly blue but I fly the red ensign, close enough.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:40 PM

Go move back there ? Now you are just talking out of your ars. I try not to get involved in silly school girl arguments on here. And thats just what this thread has turned into. But this is getting retarded. It is past the point of who has or does not have a point. The actions of a few have once again spoiled the good reputation of BOTH this forum and the ADULT fishermen on it. We have lost a crap load of good members to this very thing time and time again. Grow up.....

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 04-29-2010, 09:29 PM

you said it JTS
Old 04-30-2010, 08:49 AM

My two cents: Use some discretion when sharing fishing spots. The only reason that justifies not sharing a spot (IMO) is if the area is very specific, and posting it's location would REALISTICALLY attract too many anglers. Otherwise, there really is something to be said about sharing info.

This winter DNORTHERN was kind enough to give me a tip on fishing Wabamun in winter. The three times that I managed to get the canoe out there were the best days of pike fishing I've ever had. I also took my gf out there (new fisherwoman) and she's now hooked on fishing! To those that shared the spot with me, I owe my gratitude and friendship!

Tight lines,
Dave99
Old 04-30-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave99 View Post
My two cents: Use some discretion when sharing fishing spots. The only reason that justifies not sharing a spot (IMO) is if the area is very specific, and posting it's location would REALISTICALLY attract too many anglers. Otherwise, there really is something to be said about sharing info.

This winter DNORTHERN was kind enough to give me a tip on fishing Wabamun in winter. The three times that I managed to get the canoe out there were the best days of pike fishing I've ever had. I also took my gf out there (new fisherwoman) and she's now hooked on fishing! To those that shared the spot with me, I owe my gratitude and friendship!

Tight lines,
Dave99
See now thats what it's all about, great story.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.S.
I actually agree with you on this. I hear alot about "Canadas oil" and "Canadas Oil money", No No No my friend, It is Albertas Oil and Albertas Oil money. Albertas mountains, Albertas lakes, Albertas provincial parks. I dont fly blue but I fly the red ensign, close enough.
Gimme a friggin break.

I can't stand this kind two year old ignorance.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Administrator

This thread has run it's course... closed.
Closed Thread