Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-16-2010, 10:41 AM

Thumbs down What a Weekend.... 2 Days, 15 lakes, 1800km's, 0 Fish

Well... the weekend started ok...had to do some running around saturday so went out sunday. Took out the old man and went fishing. Started at mons lake ... nothing.... went to another small lake just to the north... starts with a s.. cant remember the full name... nothing... well took off 1/2 hour later and went to Lac. La Biche .... caught 1 perch... well minnow i should call it... spent a few hours there seen only a hand few here and there... went home.... Well sunday night my buddy another AOF member call me up lets go to jasper. Sure lets go and have some fun hit a few bars , get some cougar action and then go fishing in the morning. Get there every hotel is booked but one. ... The Chateau Japer... GREAT... until i find out how much... ..300 bucks for the night ... well one thing leads to another we get 2 hours of sleep and go fishing... Get to patrica lake not a hole on the ice... phone the local fishing shop... your not allowed to ice fish... ... ok lets hit the highway we start heading up to grand chache area... hit Jarvis lake... Dead cant drive on only one person on the lake talk to an old guy nothing hitting .. take off to Greggs Lake fish for an hour few different spots... by the way wow really deep lake with really big drop offs... nothing... start heading back to edmonton hitting every lake within 1/2 off highway.. i lost count... then hit some trout pond right off the highway.. see 2 guys who were stuck helped them out them followed them on the ice... what a mistake... seen only 1 on the camera them took off... after digging and heeve hoo'ing a bit with alittle help from the other two guys... THANKS SOO MUCH BY THE WAY... we take off hit a couple more lakes dont see much then go to OLD FAITHFULL... wabanum... go to seba side for some pike... one bite... straightened my jigg... then called it quits... WORST WEEKEND EVER!!! except for the parts i cant remember... those could have gone ok...
Old 02-16-2010, 11:20 AM

can anyone top this... or what was your worst fishing trip
Old 02-16-2010, 11:34 AM

no whites at wabamun?(i assume wabanum is a typo, not a different lake?) i just bought a marcum 380 and was excited about seeing some fish. yea right. how can they hide in plain sight? frustrating. went to buck and only saw 3 pike all day. only one intarested was the one that was chewing on my cam. i should put a stinger on that thing! lol
Old 02-16-2010, 12:32 PM

yah typo... lol... yah didnt go for whites at wabamun... just pike... and i know what you mean i had a pike come in and run with my camera... ****er chewed up my cable too... aww all the excuse i need to get rid of my fishTv ..didnt really work well... after 30 fow the thing wouldnt work.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:38 PM

sounds like my average fishing adventure lol