Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 06:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat in the Cat View Post
Much of what ISIL learnt from killing Lee Rigby was that simple planned attacks can be carried out my any one that has access to the internet.

It is much simpler then providing all the necessary equipment, training and coordination needed for the old cell attacks.

By killing a soldier (the Crusader) they instantly stab at the heart of the country. This incites fear but more importantly draws out the anti Muslim/Islam comments and hatred.

THIS is the goal. This is what forces the Islamic community to withdraw and in turn allows for easier recruitment to the ISIL ranks.

I have known and still know many Muslim Canadians, served with many and I wouldn't say most are peaceful, I would say they were all peaceful. Outside of Afghanistan I have not run into any radicals or extremists.

Obviously they exist but I think this would stand to say they are very much in the minority. I REFUSE to hate any collective group of people due to prejudice not directly related. A group who all adhere to an evil agenda is a different story; I hate ISIL as they are truly evil at heart.
Well said.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Well said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimboy View Post
Never said it was a country sir , l know what isis is , a bunch of uneducated , unstable 18 yr olds who hate society cause they have nothing , don't want to work and love to play with guns.
How many women and children were killed when America invaded lrag.
Quote:
He has me , hes the only one with any sense , what hes saying that we should mind our own business and we wont get the retaliation back at us , its Americas war over invading third world countrys for their oil , Harper sent bombers over to their country first, to brown nose with Obama , so because of that we now have to watch our back , so why would they not come here and retaliate upon us , Harper has now got us involved , if you want to blame someone for this attack , blame him , who do you think they were trying to get at today , the secretary.
Thanks for clarifying you agree Canada has not attacked their country.

Now you just need to read about them declaring war on the west first.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-23-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
He has me , hes the only one with any sense , what hes saying that we should mind our own business and we wont get the retaliation back at us , its Americas war over invading third world countrys for their oil , Harper sent bombers over to their country first, to brown nose with Obama , so because of that we now have to watch our back , so why would they not come here and retaliate upon us , Harper has now got us involved , if you want to blame someone for this attack , blame him , who do you think they were trying to get at today , the secretary.
why don't come hang out with me and my ex army buddies at the cenotaph Saturday ? see if you talk like that around veterans face to face. I bet you are just a lot of mouth on the computer

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 10-23-2014, 06:53 PM

Default Imo

Pure mental health problem . And we all know what condition
Our mental health system is in .

Speaking of mental cases , that broad on As It Happens ,CBC
News program , badgering the hell out of Senator Vern White
To admit that this would have never happened ,if the long Gun
Registry was in place . Make me puke or what ....
Email the CBC demanding her immediate dismissal .

Mental Health and bad Policing .
Old 10-23-2014, 06:57 PM
Banned

http://montrealgazette.com/news/national/1024-city-gun

WHAT?! He had a weapons ban and still got a gun!? Say it isn't so!

End sarcasm.

Proof gun control doesn't work.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce43 View Post
why don't come hang out with me and my ex army buddies at the cenotaph Saturday ? see if you talk like that around veterans face to face. I bet you are just a lot of mouth on the computer
I'll gladly show up Recce, with medals on if required! I'm old, but I'm ready to stand guard with you!
just tell me where and when!
Old 10-23-2014, 07:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winch101 View Post
Pure mental health problem . And we all know what condition
Our mental health system is in .

Speaking of mental cases , that broad on As It Happens ,CBC
News program , badgering the hell out of Senator Vern White
To admit that this would have never happened ,if the long Gun
Registry was in place . Make me puke or what ....
Email the CBC demanding her immediate dismissal .

Mental Health and bad Policing .
I have been telling my MP to give everyone at the CBC an immediate dismissal for a long time now.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
I'll gladly show up Recce, with medals on if required! I'm old, but I'm ready to stand guard with you!
just tell me where and when!
every cenotaph in Canada is having a vigil veterans standing guard

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 10-23-2014, 07:13 PM

Without googling it, can someone tell talking moose what a cenotaph is? A shrine or statue or monument of sorts?
Old 10-23-2014, 07:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Without googling it, can someone tell talking moose what a cenotaph is? A shrine or statue or monument of sorts?
BEEGUY...yer funny
Old 10-23-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLeahy View Post
BEEGUY...yer funny
Talking moose don't know a lot about bees mr. Lover of Randy. Google it is.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
The grave to those who can not be buried near by. Usually erected for the unreturned soldiers lost in battle.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
The grave to those who can not be buried near by. Usually erected for the unreturned soldiers lost in battle.
Talking moose thanks Hat in the Cat. Just got done googling it. Ty for your response.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:06 PM

the red and white song
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...0VQ78dHRnONM2A

Old 10-23-2014, 09:28 PM

No one that has never served in war or peace keeping missions can ever say we don't belong there! You have no right! If you have never been in a place like what Isis is creating then you don't know what atrocities are being committed. The things some of our troops have had to witness and not be able to do anything about( rules of engagement) no one should ever have to see or be a victim too.

Like the saying goes, if you don't stand behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:

The cenotaph is not a grave, except for the one in Ottawa where the plaza includes the tomb of the unknown soldier. The cenotaphs in Canadian cities are commemorative monuments, not gravesites.

Canada's national war cemetery is in Ottawa, an adjunct to the Beechwood Cemetary. It is a lovely place, a good place for reflection.

The Commonwealth War Graves commission is the outfit that manages Canada-UK-AU-NZ-etc. cemetaries overseas. Most of our dead soldiers lie overseas because the govt. thought it would be too expensive to repatriate the remains, not because they "could not be buried near by".
Old 10-23-2014, 09:58 PM
Banned

http://gunwatch.blogspot.ca/2014/10/...rms-kevin.html
Old 10-23-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
No one that has never served in war or peace keeping missions can ever say we don't belong there! You have no right! If you have never been in a place like what Isis is creating then you don't know what atrocities are being committed. The things some of our troops have had to witness and not be able to do anything about( rules of engagement) no one should ever have to see or be a victim too.

Like the saying goes, if you don't stand behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them.
I tread lightly because of my profound respect for anyone as selfless as a soldier.

Those who don't support the objectives or missions should not be equated as one who does not support the troops. If that is not your intention, then its hard to not get that from what you wrote. Why is there the necessity to write if you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them? Can't a person disagree with the cause and support troops?

I sit on the fence for many reasons. Family members and friends have served, I don't always agree with them, but I support them.

Feel free to clarify.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofifty View Post
The cenotaph is not a grave, except for the one in Ottawa where the plaza includes the tomb of the unknown soldier. The cenotaphs in Canadian cities are commemorative monuments, not gravesites.

Canada's national war cemetery is in Ottawa, an adjunct to the Beechwood Cemetary. It is a lovely place, a good place for reflection.

The Commonwealth War Graves commission is the outfit that manages Canada-UK-AU-NZ-etc. cemetaries overseas. Most of our dead soldiers lie overseas because the govt. thought it would be too expensive to repatriate the remains, not because they "could not be buried near by".
The exact translation of cenotaph is empty tomb. I could have written all sorts of nonsense about who approves budget to upgrade them and other dribble but I was merely providing the quick clarification to what Talking Moose was looking for, a broad definition to the term. Take that to mean what you want.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:10 PM

roger that
Old 10-23-2014, 11:38 PM

Found this on the net it's a good read.

A German's View on Islam - worth reading because this is by far the best explanation of the Muslim terrorist situation I have ever read. His references to past history are accurate and clear. The author of this email is Dr. Emanuel Tanya, a well-known and well-respected psychiatrist--a man, whose family was German aristocracy prior t...o World War II, and owned a number of large industries and estates. When asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism.

'Very few people were true Nazis,' he said, 'but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of our world had come.

My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories.'

We are told again and again by 'experts' and 'talking heads' that Islam is the religion of peace and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the specter of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.

The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or honor-kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. It is the fanatics who teach their young to kill and to become suicide bombers.

The hard, quantifiable fact is that the peaceful majority, the 'silent majority,' is cowed and extraneous. Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant.

China's huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people.

The average Japanese individual, prior to World War II, was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians, most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet.

And who can forget Rwanda, which collapsed into butchery. Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were 'peace loving'?

History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt. Yet for all our powers of reason, we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points: peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence. Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because like my friend from Germany, they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.

Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs, Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late.

Islamic prayers have now been introduced into Toronto and other public schools in Ontario, and, yes, in Ottawa too while the Lord's Prayer was removed (due to being so offensive?! To whom? Not to the vast majority of Canadians!).

The Islamic way is only peaceful until the fanatics move in.

In Australia, and indeed in many countries around the world, many of the most commonly consumed food items have the halal emblem on them. Just look at the back of some of the most popular chocolate bars, and at other food products in your local supermarket. Foods on aircraft have the halal emblem, just to appease the privileged minority who are now rapidly expanding throughout the world.

In the U.K, the Muslim communities refuse to integrate and there are now dozens of ?no-go? zones within major cities across the country that the police force dare not intrude upon. Sharia law prevails there, because the Muslim community in those areas refuses to acknowledge British law.

As for we who watch it all unfold, we must pay attention to the only group that counts -- the fanatics who threaten our way of life.

Anyone who doubts the seriousness of this issue and just deletes this email without sending it on, is contributing to the passiveness that allows the problems to expand.

So, I beg you, extend yourself a bit and send this on and on and on in the hope that thousands, world-wide, read this, think about it, and send it on - before it's too late . . .. because we remained silent
Old 10-23-2014, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EP04 View Post

A German's View on Islam - worth reading because this is by far the best explanation of the Muslim terrorist situation I have ever read. His references to past history are accurate and clear. The author of this email is Dr. Emanuel Tanya, a well-known and well-respected psychiatrist--a man, whose family was German aristocracy prior t...o World War II, and owned a number of large industries and estates. When asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism.

'Very few people were true Nazis,' he said, 'but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of our world had come.

My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories.'

We are told again and again by 'experts' and 'talking heads' that Islam is the religion of peace and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the specter of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.

The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or honor-kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. It is the fanatics who teach their young to kill and to become suicide bombers.

The hard, quantifiable fact is that the peaceful majority, the 'silent majority,' is cowed and extraneous. Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant.

China's huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people.

The average Japanese individual, prior to World War II, was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians, most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet.

And who can forget Rwanda, which collapsed into butchery. Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were 'peace loving'?

History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt. Yet for all our powers of reason, we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points: peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence. Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because like my friend from Germany, they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.

Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs, Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late.

Islamic prayers have now been introduced into Toronto and other public schools in Ontario, and, yes, in Ottawa too while the Lord's Prayer was removed (due to being so offensive?! To whom? Not to the vast majority of Canadians!).

In Australia, and indeed in many countries around the world, many of the most commonly consumed food items have the halal emblem on them. Just look at the back of some of the most popular chocolate bars, and at other food products in your local supermarket. Foods on aircraft have the halal emblem, just to appease the privileged minority who are now rapidly expanding throughout the world.

In the U.K, the Muslim communities refuse to integrate and there are now dozens of ?no-go? zones within major cities across the country that the police force dare not intrude upon. Sharia law prevails there, because the Muslim community in those areas refuses to acknowledge British law.

As for we who watch it all unfold, we must pay attention to the only group that counts -- the fanatics who threaten our way of life.

Anyone who doubts the seriousness of this issue and just deletes this email without sending it on, is contributing to the passiveness that allows the problems to expand.

So, I beg you, extend yourself a bit and send this on and on and on in the hope that thousands, world-wide, read this, think about it, and send it on - before it's too late . . .. because we remained silent
Out of these 50 shooting wars, where are they getting all the munitions from? War is good business.

targeting the fanatics will only go so far, every stray bullet that kills a civilian, every night raid into people's homes just creates more. cut of the head, starve the supply lines, sanction and embargo them and the nation states who house there suppliers and financiers back into the stone age and let them come to their senses. any western firm, or corporation who does business with these power players should lose their corporate license. you don't cure a disease fighting the symptoms.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 10-24-2014, 05:34 AM

Quote:

This is what was said in a video yesterday and it was bashed by many. Because it was said by a woman. She said approximately 1/4 of all Muslims. Were the problem while the rest let this happen.

We need these no go zones in our communities around then world to end.
Canadians need to stop the sharia law nonsense, we have Canadian laws in this country!
Old 10-24-2014, 06:13 AM

Default We are Right .....They are wrong ....

They being Jihadist.

What I can't seem to find is . If the shooter came in a car ( no plates )
With another person .....where is the other person .

If he shot one soldier in the back , and missed the other ( CBC report )
What did the other soldier do . Do you think their guns were loaded .

Great quote on Mr.Leahys gun watch link ...

We are urged not to judge Islam by the actions of a few lunatics
But are encouraged to judge gun owners by the actions of a few
Lunatics ......spot on

Last edited by Winch101; 10-24-2014 at 06:21 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:

A German's View on Islam -..

Wow!!! Powerful statements. And I complety agree!!

Last month a friend of mine and her boyfriend where assaulted, late at night/early morning on the north side of Edmonton.

The guys provoked her boyfriend by yelling sexually inappropriate comments. Then when asked to cool it...attacked them.

Nothing abnormal right? Wrong place, wrong time right? My comment to her was that this plays out everyday in every place in the world. Most times with much worse consequences.

She agreed but felt something different...the instigator had a face scarf, and they where yelling Arabic.

Please don't take this as a call for a witch hunt nor fear mongering post. Im fact I'm As worried about Islamic fanatics, as I am about Canadian Christian fanatics. I have Muslims I consider friends, one that was born in Lebanon has a wonderful family and I hunt with. And belive me when I say I'm fearful for the prejudice that my own story and the comments above could bring on my friends family.

But something is happening and its changing that way young men view the establishment.

Also nothing new, my dad's generation had peace, love and weed. Mine was fight club. But this generation has a F.....n Religion!!

This stems with religion and ends with religion.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:10 AM
Banned

So I gotta ask... There's apparently 90 people on the terror watch list in Canada, bill S-7 gave the authorities the power to detain, question and what not. Why did that not happen in these cases?

It's reported that the passports were revoked so travel to other countries was not possible. Why not let them make the choice to go overseas, then revoke passport and put them on a no fly list. You're out, done, bye.

If this fellow was indeed a known threat, why was he not dealt with when the police HAVE the power to do so under S-7?
Old 10-24-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
So I gotta ask... There's apparently 90 people on the terror watch list in Canada, bill S-7 gave the authorities the power to detain, question and what not. Why did that not happen in these cases?

It's reported that the passports were revoked so travel to other countries was not possible. Why not let them make the choice to go overseas, then revoke passport and put them on a no fly list. You're out, done, bye.

If this fellow was indeed a known threat, why was he not dealt with when the police HAVE the power to do so under S-7?
It was mentioned in the media yesterday afternoon that the shooter was not, after all, on the RCMP watchlist. The driver from earlier in the week was (and recently questioned by police but then released).

It appears that parliament will be discussing this issue of surveillance, arrest, etc of potential terror suspects in the near future.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadham View Post
It was mentioned in the media yesterday afternoon that the shooter was not, after all, on the RCMP watchlist. The driver from earlier in the week was (and recently questioned by police but then released).

It appears that parliament will be discussing this issue of surveillance, arrest, etc of potential terror suspects in the near future.
Discussion, really...

Harpers own words...

Quote:
As members know, in recent weeks, I have been saying that our laws and police powers need to be strengthened in the area of surveillance, detention, and arrest. They need to be much strengthened. I assure members that work, which is already under way, will be expedited.
C-13 and S-4 are just the beginning. We laugh at the citizens of the US for bending over, but wait for it.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:26 AM

Get off your duffs and send this message out on Your Facebook

Quote:

Old 10-24-2014, 10:35 AM

The body of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, killed in Wednesday's Ottawa shooting at the National War Memorial, will be transported along the Highway of Heroes from the nation's capital to his home of Hamilton today.

The procession will be leaving Ottawa at 1 p.m. ET and travelling to the Main Street East exit in Hamilton. The procession is expected to arrive in Hamilton around 6 or 7 p.m. Onlookers are already gathering on overpasses outside of Ottawa.

The route:
■Highway 416 to 401.
■Highway 401 to 404.
■Highway 404 to 407.
■Highway 407 to 403.
■Highway 403 to Main Street in Hamilton.
Closed Thread