Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-05-2020, 10:11 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new to this forum and would like to say hello. I hail from Sask and moved out to Calgary 8 years ago. I enjoy getting out and using by bow, shotgun and rifles and have been lucky enough to land a couple Suffield elk and some deer in SE AB.
Old 02-07-2020, 12:53 PM
Banned

Default Hi!

Hi, just a new guy here, hoping to learn a thing or two about hunting.
Old 02-18-2020, 02:55 AM
Banned

Default Howdy all

Hello Everyone... Super excited to be here. I am not new to the shooting world but at the same time am looking forward to learning from you all! Thanks for having me. Cheers
Old 02-18-2020, 04:47 AM

Default Hello

I am a retired police man who loves hunting and hiking. I try to enjoy archery but as the name suggests, I look for more lost arrows than what I pull out of critters. I live in Red Deer and we have an old cabin down in WMU 312. My sons hunt with me when they can or I'll cruise the foothills alone. I very much enjoy the topics covered on here, there seems to be a wide spread of expertise in so many areas. Take care and be safe!
Old 02-18-2020, 08:42 AM

Default Hullo

I’m just a kid from the peace country, I have yet to graduate high school but I’m planning on homesteading at my cabin. I’m mostly here to learn as much as I can from people who live a bit closer to home.
My cabin will be 2 floors with just over 500 sq. Feet. It’s the most beautiful place I’ve seen.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTuna View Post
I’m just a kid from the peace country, I have yet to graduate high school but I’m planning on homesteading at my cabin. I’m mostly here to learn as much as I can from people who live a bit closer to home.

My cabin will be 2 floors with just over 500 sq. Feet. It’s the most beautiful place I’ve seen.
I plan on homesteading at mine in a year or two still spend a hundred days a year out there

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by 35 whelen; 02-18-2020 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-14-2020, 12:25 PM

Default Introduction

Hi guys Colt here, new to the forum. Hunting/Shooting is a huge passion in my life and I obviously have my father to thank for that. I wish I would of got onto the forum sooner as it’s always nice to share experiences/stories/knowledge with similar people.
Old 03-14-2020, 01:59 PM

New members should self isolate for 14 days before posting.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:46 PM

Hello all,

I've been lurking on this forum for years but finally starting to post in some of the threads and join the conversation. I grew up around Edmonton and now live in Calgary. I've hunted for years and have just started in "back country" hunting.

Cheers
Old 07-18-2021, 05:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncameron View Post
Hello all,

I've been lurking on this forum for years but finally starting to post in some of the threads and join the conversation. I grew up around Edmonton and now live in Calgary. I've hunted for years and have just started in "back country" hunting.

Cheers
Hello and welcome
Old 03-15-2020, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
New members should self isolate for 14 days before posting.
Wouldn't want to spread viruses on the forum! Haha
Old 07-18-2021, 05:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyCal View Post
Wouldn't want to spread viruses on the forum! Haha
Hello and howdy
Old 03-23-2020, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona View Post
I'm a new member here too, hoping to share and gain some knowledge along the way.

Stay safe guys, stay at home, do not help spread the Corona Virus. Follow your health protocols.

I've been going through this game Subway Surfers and find that some levels can be very challenging. It took me a few days to get out of Subway Surfers online game one specific level.
Atta boy, you must be looking to get your post count up ASAP
Old 07-18-2021, 04:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45. View Post
Hi guys Colt here, new to the forum. Hunting/Shooting is a huge passion in my life and I obviously have my father to thank for that. I wish I would of got onto the forum sooner as it’s always nice to share experiences/stories/knowledge with similar people.
Welcome aboard
Old 08-24-2021, 07:46 AM

Default Long time lurker

Hello all,

I have been a member of this form for years, but I have never posted. Figured I better introduce myself so I could start contributing. I am southern/central Alberta born and raised. I grew up on a cattle/export hay/crop farm and have always had a real passion for the outdoors. I took sort of a hiatus, outside hiking, when I moved off the farm into town, but I have recently started getting back into camping, fishing and would like to get into hunting more than just problem varmints.

Looking forward to contributing and learning.

edit: apparently I have posted before, still probably need to introduce myself after the long time away
Old 09-27-2021, 10:43 AM

Hi,

I've been dropping by the forum for some time now - now I'd like to contribute if I can.

It's a great source of knowledge!

Thanks!
m
Old 09-30-2021, 09:16 PM

Default Exploring new adventures

Hey all, new guy here 🤓 I’ve recently bought a house in Black Diamond area, I’ve dabbled in sheep in 440 and regularly moose in 353. Not overly comfortable with bothering strangers and knocking on doors looking for permission so I’m thinking of poking around the crown land in 402. Anything crawling around there in November? any thoughts on the zone and exploring it? I work long shifts in the Arctic but I get long days off to go play in the woods.
Old 07-28-2020, 05:48 AM

Default Hello

Hello i am a new member of this forum.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:18 AM

Default introduction

I am 27 year old girl. I am a workoholc person too.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:29 PM

Default Hello new here just saying hello

Hello all, just joined and thought I'd introduce myself. I’m 52 born in BC lived in Alberta since 1990 Love it here it’s definitely home! I've been quading, hunting & camping for many years. Mostly birds as I love love my compound bow. I have been learning to fish and took up kyaking since moving to cold lake last year. With the C19 and economic instability I have recently started prepping. I have found that I actually have a lot of good skills already and make my own preserves and grow my own garden and I’m actually doing some of it already. So I thought I would take it to the next level and I don’t see anything weird about it and surprisingly most of the people I have talked to about it don’t think it’s weird either lol. I was not sure if there were any forums where it would be a welcome topic but I thought this would be a great place to start and hopefully learn some new things specifically trapping interests me.
Old 11-16-2020, 03:38 PM

Default New Here

Hello, New here and looking forward to enjoy this great forum
Old 11-24-2020, 06:22 AM

New to the forum.
I'm a Portuguese/Aussie that moved to Edmonton 7yrs ago. Grew up hunting in Africa from the age of 8. Looking forward to doing some hunting in this great province.
Old 12-14-2020, 12:23 PM

Default New Here

New to the forum.

Calgary resident. Lived, worked, and studied in more than a dozen countries across three continents. Working mom, love outdoors, guns, cars, and airplanes.

Fascinated (in a sarcastic way) by amount of red tape, limiting outdoors activities here in Alberta - from lack of access to hunting and fishing spaces, to bureaucratic insanity of regulations.

Struggle to find an online space where to find people and information. Hoping for this site to be better than others (reference to bambi-loving snowflakes helped lol)
Old 12-14-2020, 02:46 PM

Welcome to the new members!

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:10 PM

Nice introductions. I enjoy reading your stories.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:12 PM
Banned

Default New Guy

Hello all ,

I am pretty new to the forum, i got to know about the forum through google search. Hoping to learn from y'all and meet new people. kudos to the super mod
Old 07-18-2021, 04:56 AM
Banned

Default New guy

Hello all, got to know about this forum from a discussion in archerytalk. I've read through the forums topic and found it educative hence i decided to register. Hoping to lewarn new things and make new friend
Old 04-29-2022, 03:56 PM
Banned

Default Newbie

Hi there! Im newbie here
Old 05-27-2022, 12:11 PM

Default New from BC

Hey hey!

Just moved to Lethbridge with my wife from BC. I wasn't super active in the hunting community there but want to be active in the hunting/fishing/outdoor community here. I'm looking forward to learning about a new province!

CJ
Old 03-30-2024, 06:20 PM

Default New comer here

Just found this site today. As i booked a WT deer & moose hunt in bow zone 247/248. And considering going to zone 510 for wolf, after the deer/moose.
I am in Castle Rock Co. USA. Am a third generation general contractor. All things building, luv it. As we all say, are all like minded. Hunting, fishing guns & bows, for all.
Began walking South Dakota pheasant rows, with my dad. He taught me to hunt & fish.
If any info on zone 510 wolf, I would luv to hear, from any of you.