Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-31-2012, 02:29 PM

Default URGENT!! Need to contact Chris Dean (sp?)

Hi. A man named Chris Dean phoned our toll free line looking to book a fly-in fishing trip to a lodge in the NWT. However, on his voice mail he didn't leave a call back number or any other contact info. If anyone on here knows him or thinks they do please PM me ASAP. I'm not sure of the spelling so it may be Kris Deene, Chris Diene, Chris Dean etc.

The only info I have is that he saw our add at a dinner theater in Edmonton and decided to book a fly in trip while his wife was going on Titanic anniversary cruise. I think (ok guessing) that he lives in Edmonton or the surrounding area.

If anyone knows who this is could you please PM me with his contact info or if you prefer I can give you my number. Time is of the essence and we don't want Mr. Dean to think that we are not returning his or call or don't value his business.

Also if You read this Mr. Dean , please PM me or call the number you saw in the ad at Jubilations as we are trying hard to get in touch with you.

Any help or leads would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:16 PM
hunter49

holy smokes must be hurtin for customers. I'm sure he has found another lodge by now.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:01 PM

I rofled when i read this hahaha
Old 03-31-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter49 View Post
holy smokes must be hurtin for customers. I'm sure he has found another lodge by now.
Or perhaps they just want to maintain good relations with people and potential customers, and by making a post like this they show they care about the people that contact them. A post like this would show the person that they actually care and result in a positive view of the lodge, while if they weren't called back they may think the lodge didn't care about them and this could eventually result in bad reviews being spread. I think a post like this is a good idea from a business perspective.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpro View Post
Or perhaps they just want to maintain good relations with people and potential customers, and by making a post like this they show they care about the people that contact them. A post like this would show the person that they actually care and result in a positive view of the lodge, while if they weren't called back they may think the lodge didn't care about them and this could eventually result in bad reviews being spread. I think a post like this is a good idea from a business perspective.
This.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:34 PM
hunter49

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpro View Post
Free advertising I guess...
Old 03-31-2012, 04:37 PM

As long as they are sponsors to this web site dont' see any problems with it.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:56 PM

There is no "advertising" what so ever. I purposely left out the name of the lodge, even though it would help us find Mr. Dean easier.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:58 PM

How about we do what we can to help Mr. Zuludog? Not berate him.

Not many people who go the extra distance in customer service these days. Good on you ZD, I hope you find him.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fisherman guy View Post
how about we do what we can to help mr. Zuludog? Not berate him.

Not many people who go the extra distance in customer service these days. Good on you zd, i hope you find him.
exactly!!!
Old 03-31-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post

Not many people who go the extra distance in customer service these days. Good on you ZD, I hope you find him.
Very good customer service, and what would be a better option that to post a message on a forum consisting of Alberta largest collection of outdoorsmen?
Old 03-31-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post

X2
Old 03-31-2012, 06:41 PM

I agree with the previous positive replies.

Great customer service, I'd rather deal with a company who goes out of their way than sits at corporate/head office looking at red and black numbers all day.

hats off to ya
Old 03-31-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuludog View Post
Hi. A man named Chris Dean phoned our toll free line looking to book a fly-in fishing trip to a lodge in the NWT. However, on his voice mail he didn't leave a call back number or any other contact info. If anyone on here knows him or thinks they do please PM me ASAP. I'm not sure of the spelling so it may be Kris Deene, Chris Diene, Chris Dean etc.

The only info I have is that he saw our add at a dinner theater in Edmonton and decided to book a fly in trip while his wife was going on Titanic anniversary cruise. I think (ok guessing) that he lives in Edmonton or the surrounding area.

If anyone knows who this is could you please PM me with his contact info or if you prefer I can give you my number. Time is of the essence and we don't want Mr. Dean to think that we are not returning his or call or don't value his business.

Also if You read this Mr. Dean , please PM me or call the number you saw in the ad at Jubilations as we are trying hard to get in touch with you.

Any help or leads would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.
If you know the Time and date of the phone call ask your phone provider if they can look to see who called you, like *69
Old 03-31-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slivers86 View Post
I agree with the previous positive replies.

Great customer service, I'd rather deal with a company who goes out of their way than sits at corporate/head office looking at red and black numbers all day.

hats off to ya
Don't really know if this is what you would call customer service. Guy calls, says he wants to book a trip but leaves no forward phone, email or snail mail. Now the outfitter is on the net trying to locate the mystery caller. Sounds more like looking for the old needle in the hay instead of customer service, no service here cause there is yet to be a customer.

This kind of stuff happened to me tons of times when I was outfiting bird hunters, happens to every outfitter I ever knew. But with some luck maybe the eveasive caller will show up. Good luck with it.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:46 PM

yup 2 threads ...opps well there was anyway

Last edited by thunderheart; 03-31-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
There is no "advertising" what so ever. I purposely left out the name of the lodge, even though it would help us find Mr. Dean easier.
Thats the first thing I thought when I saw the negative posts, I never noticed any mention of your business, so I double checked to make sure, nope! I think this post shows that you care about and value your customers. Good on you!
Old 04-01-2012, 02:00 AM

why the hell would you care????? really???
Old 04-02-2012, 03:03 AM

Quote:

Have you tried getting in touch with the dinner theater and explain the situation to a manager there? Perhaps they can lend a hand somehow. I wouldn't expect them to release any information concerning their customers, but perhaps they would contact him for you and relay your message. If he had made reservations, perhaps his contact info may available to them.

Best of luck.

http://youtu.be/ZLDzPH-cBhw
Old 04-02-2012, 10:19 AM

Thanks Kokanee9. I guess great minds think alike. We are exploring that avenue today after having discussed it late last week.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:51 PM

god on ya for trying any options you have. If I knew him I would have gladly let him know you are looking for him. Although this is a forum for everyone to voice their opinions, so even if they are ridiculous, they have the right to post. Good luck and I hope you are able to find this man.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:11 PM

Hi there. I manage an Erectile Dysfunction Clinic. I recently recieved a voicemail requesting information on treatment options, but the desperate caller forgot to leave his contact information. Does anyone here know of a Mr. Redfrog? It's vitally important that I contact him before his hopes are further deflated.

Seriously, wonderful intent and great customer service on the part of the OP, but hope he didn't ruin it for the fellow... might have been planning to use sick time or hadn't told the wife about the plan yet! LOL