Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-30-2024, 03:33 PM

Climate change has become an industry in itself, the governments pushing the climate change agenda are providing grants and money to support their agenda, but if you are out to oppose their agenda, grants/money are not readily available. Science and fact are irrelevant, it's all about supporting the government funded agenda.
Old 03-30-2024, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Climate change has become an industry in itself, the governments pushing the climate change agenda are providing grants and money to support their agenda, but if you are out to oppose their agenda, grants/money are not readily available. Science and fact are irrelevant, it's all about supporting the government funded agenda.
Like everything one needs to say follow the money.

The liberal insiders have been around for ever. The money being made in the green space is huge.

Some have blinders on. They say people invested in oil and gas lobby for their wallets. But they think those investing and making millions in green companies are pious. It’s crazy.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-30-2024, 05:50 PM

Eventually geek power will work out I would think that would be good thing for the earth and people
Old 03-30-2024, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrit View Post
Eventually geek power will work out I would think that would be good thing for the earth and people
The woke may understand technology, but they aren't smart enough to see that they are being used by the elite, to give the elite absolute power over the general population.
Old 03-30-2024, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The woke may understand technology, but they aren't smart enough to see that they are being used by the elite, to give the elite absolute power over the general population.
I think that humans are affecting the climate in negative way just my opinion I don’t think I’m being controlled
Old 03-30-2024, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Without a doubt technology will improve it’s been the trend since the beginning of mankind. The real question is when will new technology be a viable answer and when are we going to start developing infrastructure to make it a realistic option

Fully support development and research towards better technology but I don’t support fairytales, scamming $, and canceling/penalizing the use of present technology without the minimum of a reasonable plan for a viable replacement

Most want to see a realistic approach, less fear mongering, and excessive taxation without logical reason. I am pretty sure everyone realizes technology will improve
Old 03-30-2024, 06:18 PM

Quote:
I think that humans are affecting the climate in negative way just my opinion I don’t think I’m being controlled
If the woke could see when they were being used, it wouldn't be so easy to use them.
Old 03-30-2024, 06:21 PM

Thankfully, most are seeing through the carbon tax/global warming scam. Took long enough, but we’re there now & common sense is prevailing. That is unless a person is part of trudud’s radical posse.
Old 03-30-2024, 06:30 PM

Quote:
The tech is already there (nuclear) but they refuse to use it, maybe a curious mind would ask why.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-30-2024, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
The tech is already there (nuclear) but they refuse to use it, maybe a curious mind would ask why.
The Climate Alarmists want to tax you into submission.

They don’t want a solution
Old 03-30-2024, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post

Exactly, what would all of those people being paid to push the climate change agenda do, if we could actually attain net zero? What would the government come up with to replace it, as an excuse to tax and restrict us?
Old 03-30-2024, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Probably cause it is ended in disiaster two times take a couple hundred years to clean up
Old 03-30-2024, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Probably cause it is ended in disiaster two times take a couple hundred years to clean up
The tech has developed far beyond those.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-30-2024, 08:10 PM

Quote:
And yet there’s still over 400+ reactors worldwide. The truth is that greenies don’t want the alarmism to ever stop. Couldn’t possibly be used as a smokescreen for communism. Nah…that’s crazy talk…
Old 03-30-2024, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post

The Haida has a plan to spread powdered iron, which is a limiting nutrient. It would greatly increase plankton biomass and fish biomass and would rain carbon down to the deep ocean bottom desert feeding more critters. It locks up carbon.

Global climate activists said no because it would allow Canadian oil and gas companies an excuse to keep producing.

So… how much anti oil and gas protests occur in the US or all all the activists being paid to protest in a foreign country… ie Canada.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 03-30-2024, 10:42 PM

Everyday the North American and Western European countries talk about using less O&G, but everyday more is used.
Perhaps if it wasn't needed in such massive amounts to produce the so-called "green energy" products, we might actually see a decline in its use...
Old 03-31-2024, 08:13 AM

Quote:
The tech has developed far beyond those.
No I’m afraid not if 200 more nuclear power plants get made there will be more accidents maybe not when there new but when there 25 years old and suppoes to be laid up and industry keeps them going for money. Not to mention nuclear waist has to be stored for ever. Then 100 years from now the people living on earth wills wonder why with the technology we have we left them with all this waist to store for ever.
Ill admit if the world truely wanted to go green power we could make it work but goverments and big business block it. I think the us spent 2 trillion dollars to develop the f35 if that money and brain power went to develop ways to provide power could have made some great achievements. But war is money to and people will never stop fighting.
Old 03-31-2024, 08:15 AM

Taxes isn’t going to make our power more green I’ll agree the goverment is going about it the wrong way and I don’t see much results.
Old 03-31-2024, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
The Haida has a plan to spread powdered iron, which is a limiting nutrient. It would greatly increase plankton biomass and fish biomass and would rain carbon down to the deep ocean bottom desert feeding more critters. It locks up carbon.

Global climate activists said no because it would allow Canadian oil and gas companies an excuse to keep producing.

So… how much anti oil and gas protests occur in the US or all all the activists being paid to protest in a foreign country… ie Canada.
Climate protest / capitalism protest. It is a growth industry. Many choose it as a career path.