Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-11-2022, 05:07 PM

Default Looking for a good Toyota mechanic in Edmonton

Have a 99 4Runner that sat for a month and a bit that now doesn’t want to run more than 2-3 seconds. Not throwing any codes. All the usual stuff been checked by my mechanic buddy (MAF, throttle body, fuel filter, etc). Thinking it’s some sort of ticky tacky Toyota thing so would love to find a shop that knows these in and out that can figure out my issue without tossing a bunch of parts at it.

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2022, 05:17 PM

Toytech in South Edmonton, or Wilsons Auto South Edmonton. That being said, Randy Bo Bandy likely knows a fair bit about them as well (shoot him a PM), and from what I’ve been told his service is absolutely top notch.

Last edited by HVA7mm; 10-11-2022 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-11-2022, 06:10 PM

4 Wheel Auto in Edmonton knows Toyota's very well, I've had good service and quick repairs / parts from them.
A little more off road focused but specializes in Toyota's.
Old 10-11-2022, 10:00 PM

Thanks I appreciate it fellas. Have a good night
Old 10-11-2022, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
Have a 99 4Runner that sat for a month and a bit that now doesn’t want to run more than 2-3 seconds. Not throwing any codes. All the usual stuff been checked by my mechanic buddy (MAF, throttle body, fuel filter, etc). Thinking it’s some sort of ticky tacky Toyota thing so would love to find a shop that knows these in and out that can figure out my issue without tossing a bunch of parts at it.

Thanks!
Sounds like a battery problem. Ground or connection at the battery. Did you check all the connections at the battery? Next would be connection from the battery… however if you can get ahold of another battery… your cheapest check before paying a mechanic would be to try a new battery… make sure your connector ends are good… not corroded. I’d take them off… clean them up… re-tighten and fire it back up with a fresh battery.

Could be bad wires to the battery.

But batteries can be fickle and not using it for a while could be the issue.

My experience in car repairs has been Toyota dealerships are cheaper than other shops. They know the problem sooner.

You can also shop around and ask what they think the problem is and if they can give you a deal. If you can be patient to bring it in at their convenience then they know you aren’t desperate.

I get repair deals all the time. Some steep discounts. When you have an old car they usually give more deals cause they want you to come back again… and as the car gets older it needs more repairs.

I have a 23 year old Toyota with 178,800 km on it.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin