Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-09-2022, 09:44 AM

Default Adjustable beds

Does anybody have experience with these? I snore severely and am on a CPAP, I move like crazy when asleep. I never get a good nights sleep.
What are your opinions and experiences with these. Good and bad.
Thanks.
Old 10-09-2022, 10:31 AM

have you tried indica? lots of ways to take it besides smoking.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 10-09-2022, 10:57 AM

look up
inclined bed therapy

works a little for me
Old 10-09-2022, 05:15 PM

Check your pm.
Old 10-09-2022, 06:40 PM

We got the ghost bed from Costco online, adjustable platform and mattresses. We like the reading mode, your elevated head and feet. There is a sleep mode and it elevates your head about 6 inches, the wife said I quit snoring.
Old 10-09-2022, 07:23 PM

Wife and I got an adjustable bed frame 3 years back. Having said that we find we don’t even use that feature as we just throw pillows behind us if need be. Unfortunately we found that ours isn’t very well built as trying to move it several times has resulted in bent/torn welds on the frame. 1500$ not well spent in my opinion! Don’t recall the make of the bed frame but the mattress is a silver label beauty rest.
Old 10-09-2022, 07:36 PM

I bought a Classic Brands adjustable bed from Amazon around 3 years ago or so. Basically the cheapest adjustable bed out there at the time, not sure if much has changed in that industry or not. Paired it with a customizable latex Presto mattress from Memory Foam Comfort. Between the bed and mattress I spent roughly $5k and I don't regret it one bit. I was a stomach sleeper for years and it was taking a toll on my lower back and shoulders. I always struggled to sleep in any other position, but I have been able to mostly transition to sleeping on my back in the zero gravity position.
Old 10-09-2022, 10:12 PM

My wife uses a CPAP machine, and snored terribly. She had to use wedge-shaped mattress supports to elevate her back & head (and still uses inflatable wedges when we travel). We bought 2 single adjustable beds that link together, but allow 2, separate sleeping positions. It helped her tremendously, and I enjoy 'my side' too! It's great for reading in bed, and even has built in massage options that I find are great for falling asleep on those nights when sleep is eluding me! We got ours delivered, from COSTCO. Expensive, but IMO, worth it.
Old 10-10-2022, 07:23 AM

Never slept on one but was in the sleep biz for many years and sold many and listened to many customers that purchased complaining about crappy quality.

A few tips from my time:
Spend the money on a good base. Thee are only a couple companies that make them and their product will probably outlast you. Pass on the China specials. We sold them too for the price conscious customer and as sales guys was a challenge and wanted to say I told you so to customers many times.

Get 1 with the wall hugger style so you can leave it right up to the wall. If not you need to leave room for the movements.
Put a quality mattress on it. There are a lot of good mattresses that are available for adj. beds and no need to not be comfortable. Go on the cheap and you will pay the price later.
Lots of neat options if you want the full meal deal nowadays. USB chargers built in, speakers etc. too.

Saying all that many would come back and tell stories of how great they work. I know when I had my bad back sciatica days laying on them between customers was great relief. If it acted up bad again I probably would not hesitate to buy one but for now my $5000 mattress works pretty well still.
Old 10-12-2022, 04:27 PM

Thanks guys. Ended up getting a posture pedic. Very quiet motor. So far so good but it’s taking a bit of time to get the right positions.
Thanks for your input