Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-26-2020, 06:46 PM

Default Camp ground occupancy

So the province basically closed the border to out of provincers which is fine but then they only allow 50 percent occupancy at all campground, how the hell is someone supposed to book a site now, I get the isolation thing but I don’t go camping to spend in some strangers site I go to camp with the wife and kids, I understand the party ers but they will do that anyway even if they have to be at every other site, this covid bs is getting out of hand
Old 05-26-2020, 06:51 PM

I agree. The sites in K country are usually 100' apart!

I have a site in Bow valley from June 7-11 that i'm not going to use as we are going to a private campground instead. I'm not sure how to transfer it but anyone is welcome to it. (just straight cover my cost)
Old 05-26-2020, 08:10 PM

Furthermore I bet this will be the worst year for unintentional forest fires because every Tom, Dick and Harry will be pulling off on this old lease road and that one having a fire and not putting it out properly, the govt did not think this out very well but when do they ever
Old 05-26-2020, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasemonkey View Post
Furthermore I bet this will be the worst year for unintentional forest fires because every Tom, Dick and Harry will be pulling off on this old lease road and that one having a fire and not putting it out properly, the govt did not think this out very well but when do they ever
Justin will fix it don’t worry.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:41 PM

Default Camp ground occupancy

My beef about the campsites is the bathrooms being locked up. I visited a lake the other day that had over 100 people fishing along the shore which is great to see. Then a change of thought came when my 5 year old let me know that nature was calling him. I had to go down a trail old school style before the problem got worse. After he finished up, I walked over to the bear proof garbage can, to get rid of some evidence and had to manipulate the handle open where “dangerous covid” might exist! The risk right there seems worse than sharing a urinal or a seat.
Anyways once these campgrounds open up, day users and such gather, what will it be like to walk off the beaten path with all crappers closed?
Sometimes you can’t just plan when you gotta go and it isn’t always a close drive back home.

Last edited by Half Pickereled; 05-26-2020 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:03 PM

Parks website says day use allowed now. Outhouses are open where feasible BYO TP and hand sanitizer. Campgrounds open June 1st at 50% capacity. I heard that they are gonna open all outhouses, just takes time.
Old 05-28-2020, 08:40 PM

Just be sure to bury your business and pack out your TP!! Unlike popular belief, it does not decompose as people think!!

-Confucius
Old 05-28-2020, 08:45 PM

Dig a deep hole , bears love that crap.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:28 AM

Default Camp ground stupidity

In our nearby Provincial Park, all the washrooms/outhouses are locked up but one. It has a sign on the door(s) that reads: Use At Your Own Risk... If that was all that had to be done, the parks should have opened weeks ago. BTW, that one washroom is cleaner than its ever been. I'd bet the people who use it are the ones keeping it so clean.
Seems to me most of the Covid over-reactions and over-precautions are more about political correctness than medical common sense.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:09 AM

OH boy another camping / campground thread

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.