Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2022, 07:54 PM

Default Alberta UCP election coming up.

Who will be our next Provincial leader ?

My bet is Danielle will be the winner.9
Old 09-29-2022, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post
Who will be our next Provincial leader ?

My bet is Danielle will be the winner.9
That should open the door wide for Rachel Notley to waltz back into the Premiers chair
Old 09-29-2022, 08:04 PM

I think its a real toss up. I am personally in the Brian Jean camp, but I know a lot of folks who want Smith. Either is better than what we have right now.
Old 09-29-2022, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBen View Post
I think its a real toss up. I am personally in the Brian Jean camp, but I know a lot of folks who want Smith. Either is better than what we have right now.
Or maybe not.
Old 09-29-2022, 08:16 PM

None of the candidates wow me
Old 09-29-2022, 08:19 PM

Might as well of just kept Kenney.
Old 09-29-2022, 08:36 PM

If ndp get in this province is toast , hope a good leader gets in , but hey non can be trusted
Old 09-29-2022, 08:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
That should open the door wide for Rachel Notley to waltz back into the Premiers chair
Besides Edmonton, Who is gonna vote for the NDP?
Old 09-29-2022, 08:55 PM

[QUOTE=FortMac;4563481]Besides Edmonton, Who is gonna vote for the NDP?

Edmonton can vote for NDP, but don't look for any hand outs with a conservative government in this provincial election
Old 09-29-2022, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortMac View Post
Besides Edmonton, Who is gonna vote for the NDP?
Probably the same people that deny they voted them into office the last time they got in there by accident.

The average voter isn’t buying what Smith is selling and Jean may be a nice guy but you know where nice guys end up.
Old 09-29-2022, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Probably the same people that deny they voted them into office the last time they got in there by accident.

The average voter isn’t buying what Smith is selling and Jean may be a nice guy but you know where nice guys end up.
So who else is worth a look?

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2022, 09:53 PM
Banned

Quote:

There was a split vote in that election. Looking at the riding numbers the only areas that beat the PC and WR in total numbers were in Edmonton and 3 districts outside Edmonton.

People don't have to like Smith or Jean, but its a better option than the "They/Them" crowd and their Queen Rachel Notley. People havnt forgotten the Damage the NDP did to this province.

The only place the NDP has the UCP beat is labour laws.
Old 09-29-2022, 10:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortMac View Post
There was a split vote in that election. Looking at the riding numbers the only areas that beat the PC and WR in total numbers were in Edmonton and 3 districts outside Edmonton.

People don't have to like Smith or Jean, but its a better option than the "They/Them" crowd and their Queen Rachel Notley. People havnt forgotten the Damage the NDP did to this province.

The only place the NDP has the UCP beat is labour laws.
Our labour laws are junk since the ndp put their stamp on things
Old 09-29-2022, 10:21 PM

Quote:
No Danielle will eat Notley for lunch.
In reality both front runners are a huge improvement over Kenney who was a total failure.
Travis is solid but Danielle will handle media better and can attract a new voter to the conservative side.
It’s been quite a show watching the candidates insist Danielle cannot lead while they desperately try to keep up. She’s led the leadership race from day one.

Whoever wins it’s been entertaining and Danielle has drawn the others into making commitments they wouldn’t have made without her, so even if she doesn’t win she’s left a serious mark. Even has Kenney standing up to the feds for the first time with the push back on firearms confiscation.
Old 09-29-2022, 10:28 PM

Danielle wins. Not necessarily because she’s the best, I’m just guessing she sold the most memberships.
Old 09-29-2022, 10:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Our labour laws are junk since the ndp put their stamp on things
We have the oldest labour laws in the country and they are in desperate need of a revamp
Old 09-30-2022, 12:02 AM
Gone Hunting

May I remind everyone that voting for the one most likely to win is what got us here in the first place.

Folks said JK was the man who could win last time, remember.

I'll vote for the nice guy over anything else in the race.

Sure, we don't know what kind of leader he will be, but he's gotta be better then Attila Notley or Turncoat Danielle.

And by the way, Smith has no significant leadership experience Either. What she does have experience with is quitting parties.
Sure she lead the Wildrose to defeat in the 2014 election after which she once again abandoned her party and crossed the floor for the second time in her career.

That doesn't sound like a leader I would vote for.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-30-2022, 06:24 AM

Quote:
https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/co...-pollster-says

Interesting article in the Herald. Most people in Alberta wanted to hear about economics, inflation and healthcare. Instead, the leadership race focussed on sovereignty and equalization. Whoever wins is off to a bad start, seeing how detached they have been from the average Albertan.

Smith will probably win… and perhaps cross the floor to the NDP when the going gets tough! Lol
Old 09-30-2022, 07:20 AM

I think they should bring back Kenny
For me there is no one running who I would want in power
Old 09-30-2022, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie View Post
I think they should bring back Kenny
For me there is no one running who I would want in power
I think the UCP should never have gone down this road in the first place. They should have left Kenny to do his job. Now they have a bunch of wannabe leaders with no particular leadership skills, that nobody really wants to vote for but they will hold their nose and try to pick the one that will do the least amount of damage, and possibly, maybe, hopefully, fingers crossed, keep Notley out of office for one more term.
Old 09-30-2022, 08:41 AM

Yep, thanks to the anyone but Kenney crowd we get Smith or Notley.
Old 09-30-2022, 09:09 AM
AO Sponsor

Danielle could be the biggest and brightest mind there is and I will not vote for her. She is 100% a proven turncoat who will throw the entire team under the bus for her own perceived personal advancement... And still lost... What does that tell you about her political acumen? I am amazed anyone would even consider it after what she pulled.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 09-30-2022, 09:11 AM

Kenny does need to go and was just a wannabe leader as well. I don’t see the present options as any worse but really they are likely not going to be much or any better

The reality is a leadership change was needed

As for Notley getting in because of this I bet the same people who would vote NDP do to the present leader options would so out of anger for Kenny’s handling of Alberta as well
Old 09-30-2022, 09:18 AM

I struggled for a while with the quandary of whom to vote for.

The amount of noise generated over the past few months by each candidate is almost overwhelming.

For the most part, the candidates and their supporters ("I endorse so-and-so") are focused on Danielle Smith's Sovereignty Act and who is the best candidate to defeat Notley.

Oh, and how they can "stand up to Ottawa".

So for me, I started to ask, for all of the bluster around individual rights and government overreach, which of these candidates - who for the most part were incumbent in the governing party - took a stand during the pandemic, when that backbone was really needed? Who was willing to risk being ejected from their post for taking a stand?

Otherwise, what they saying now are just empty words.

Anyhow, that's what I was wrestling with before I filled out my ballot.
Old 09-30-2022, 09:24 AM

With the Covid BS being a leader was a tough time. You get fried for every move you make. Kenny had a few issues but they all do. At least he had the go nads to stick up for and support gun owners with the new AB CFO , AB firearms office and telling the RCMP if they participate in illegal confiscation of Albertans property they will get zero financial support.
Old 09-30-2022, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Kenny does need to go and was just a wannabe leader as well. I don’t see the present options as any worse but really they are likely not going to be much or any better

The reality is a leadership change was needed

As for Notley getting in because of this I bet the same people who would vote NDP do to the present leader options would so out of anger for Kenny’s handling of Alberta as well
So what was the point of this whole contest? Other than to show the lack of depth in the UCP. Still think Kenny is the best of the lot.
Old 09-30-2022, 09:42 AM

Quote:
So what was the point of this whole contest? Other than to show the lack of depth in the UCP. Still think Kenny is the best of the lot.
No I don’t don’t see any of the candidates as a great option but I would rather take a risk on new vs a proven failure.

It’s definitely a gamble without a clear strong candidate but without taking a risk you just keep down a path that has not been achieving results

With the amount of Alberta voters Kenny angered with his choices and lack of results he is a liability.
Old 09-30-2022, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
.......which of these candidates - who for the most part were incumbent in the governing party - took a stand during the pandemic, when that backbone was really needed? Who was willing to risk being ejected from their post for taking a stand?
I don't have a membership, so I'm not voting, but that would heavily influence my decision.
Old 09-30-2022, 10:24 AM

Not really any good candidates but I know this:

Kenney has to go.

The RCMP need to go.

Alberta needs to stand up to Ottawa.

Our resources need to get to market.

Our medical system is pathetic.

Our fuel prices are beyond the point of gouging.

Carbon taxes need to be eliminated.

Home energy bills are obscene.

Inflation is running rampant, we're in a recession and dare I say a depression is just over the horizon.

Notley would destroy Alberta once and for all.
Old 09-30-2022, 10:31 AM

Agreed on all points, Outbound.
Closed Thread