Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-10-2022, 09:03 PM

Default Omega x Swatch bioceramic moonswatch collaboration

Figured I would leave a review. First off Swatch and Omega had a great idea, however the way it has been executed is not! The first round of hype had people believe that this watch is of limited production, however it is NOT, I purchased several of the ones available all 1 or 2 at a time as that’s all you are allowed to purchase, per day! These watches are only available at certain Swatch “boutiques” thus enabling people from a distance to purchase one unless it’s for twice the price on the grey market! These watches are not worth $320, let alone the $500, to $700 you will find on eBay or kijiji. Casio Gshock, Seiko, bulova, citizen and many more, all have better quality, I even found a second hand Hamilton automatic for this type of cash! YouTube will provide you with all you need to see, from these watches falling apart, to colour bleeding on to your skin and clothes! They honestly remind me of something you would win out of a loonie gum ball machine! I have returned every single one I purchased to the store. Buyer beware!
Old 10-10-2022, 10:13 PM

Forgive in my post, what I meant to say in regards to people being able to purchase from afar was not that they are enabled but unable to purchase unless from the grey market!

Last edited by morinj; 10-10-2022 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-10-2022, 10:37 PM

Exclamation

Great reviews and warning , I was tempted to buy one on the gray market for about $600 until I read up the reviews On it , look like I will pass on it .
Old 10-10-2022, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
Great reviews and warning , I was tempted to buy one on the gray market for about $600 until I read up the reviews On it , look like I will pass on it .
I spoke to swatch and they currently have 5 major factories producing these things 24/7, and that sooner than later all the stores will have them, and they will be easily obtained, I wouldn’t be surprised if this designed hype is a ramp up for Christmas sales!
Old 10-11-2022, 12:25 AM

I missed the hype on this “collaboration” but the seamaster on my wrist has never disappointed me. Go with a real Omega.
Old 10-11-2022, 06:21 AM

Same and same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiloil37 View Post
the seamaster on my wrist has never disappointed me. Go with a real Omega.

-Confucius
Old 10-11-2022, 02:13 PM

I've wanted an Omega speedmaster moonwatch forever due to the history but the price is a little hard to swallow.

I found the Bulova Lunar Pilot to have scratched that itch. Great looks, some history and far more affordable. Sure it's a Quartz but it's high frequency. Many pieces of the Apollo program actually used Bulova timing equipment.

For the similar price to the Swatch, you get a real watch. Not one that seemed to come from a happy meal.
Old 10-12-2022, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ÜberFly View Post
Same and same!

Which seamaster do you wear?

Mines a 176.007 circa 1973. Closing in on fifty years old and has never missed a beat.

The only irritating part is owning a “seamaster” that I’m to scared to get wet. It doesn’t come in or on the ocean with me.
Old 10-12-2022, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Which seamaster do you wear?

Mines a 176.007 circa 1973. Closing in on fifty years old and has never missed a beat.

The only irritating part is owning a “seamaster” that I’m to scared to get wet. It doesn’t come in or on the ocean with me.
That is indeed a classy piece!! Very nice!
Old 10-12-2022, 04:57 PM

Default #humblebrag

As long as I'm not the only one with a "problem"...:

Old 10-12-2022, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlagman View Post
As long as I'm not the only one with a "problem"...:

Very nice.

I don’t see a problem.
Old 10-12-2022, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Very nice.

I don’t see a problem.
Fellow addicts never see it as a problem...

On topic, I have no issue with the MoonSwatch, as the "gateway" watch, though I agree there are better options in that price range.

I don't much care for all the hype during release and what seems to continue to today. If the point was to "democratize" what would otherwise be a Swiss luxury watch, they aren't doing that by bottlenecking the supply by keeping it a boutique exclusive.