Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-09-2019, 09:37 PM

Default Speed loader for 22 LR mags?

I'm just curious if anyone has, or is familiar with a system for speed loading 22 LR mags, specifically for pistols (I have a S&W Model 41 that I have really been enjoying, just acquired. Also a Colt Challenger, and Sig Mosquito). I get tired of pushing those little cartridges in after a couple hundred rounds! I was wondering if there is something like the Maglula for 22, or maybe one of those units for doing the Butler Creek 10/22 mags that are now prohib....but for itty bitty pistol mags? I have really come to enjoy just taking the rimfires out and shooting them, and it saves me a ton of $ on 9mm and 45 ACP, though I still shoot them but not nearly as much. TC

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 06-10-2019, 06:03 AM

I have one of these "ultimate clip loader", I picked one up when I first bought my Ruger MkIII pistol. It works, and certainly helped save my thumbs, but it wasn't always convenient to use (it's operation wasn't always flawless), and eventually I stopped using it. It looks like this particular one was taken off the market.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...-polymer-clear

I shoot my Ruger pistol a fair bit when I go to the range, I think the magazine springs have loosened up a bit and it doesn't really bother me to load a few hundred rounds anymore. I'm not sure how long the UCL was on the market, but my review of this model would be "meh"..... it works, but I wouldn't miss it if I forgot to put it in my range bag.
Old 06-10-2019, 06:59 AM

Maglula does make a few .22 models I couldn't find one in Canada ordered on Ebay from Israel only took a week to get here and free shipping

https://www.maglula.com/product-cate...istol-loaders/

Last edited by bat119; 06-10-2019 at 07:11 AM.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:14 AM

Thanks for replies, I will look for that maglula!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone