Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-23-2016, 11:50 AM

All I have to say to those who are against spear hunting, against the Bowmars, against posting kill shots, or who condone UA's decision. IF YOUR NOT WITH US, YOUR AGAINST US. I can't believe how many cowards are on this forum, hand in your guns and bows and go buy your meat from a grocery store from now on. Join the Ricky Gervais fan club, eat meat but crucify anyone who is man enough to get it himself and make sure you spend your time trolling hunters and telling them how big of a disgrace they are. Don't bother trying to give me your side of the story because I don't give a ****. WITH US or AGAINST US.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:53 AM

4000 signatures on a petition and Under Armour drops the Bowmars.

Now there are 6,578 hunters that are petitioning Under Armour to stop bowing to anti's.

https://www.change.org/p/under-armou...o-anti-hunters

I don't think the Anti's buy very much Under Armour Hunting clothing and this will actually hurt there hunting line of products. Maybe they will benefit on there other product lines, but I doubt the anti's will be lining up to buy there other products.

IMO supporting Under Armour is the same as sending a donation to PETA and I hope the Under Armour line of hunting clothing folds because of it.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:59 AM

Good thing the only under armour I own is a pair of uncomfortable boxers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage.0 View Post
All I have to say to those who are against spear hunting, against the Bowmars, against posting kill shots, or who condone UA's decision. IF YOUR NOT WITH US, YOUR AGAINST US. I can't believe how many cowards are on this forum, hand in your guns and bows and go buy your meat from a grocery store from now on. Join the Ricky Gervais fan club, eat meat but crucify anyone who is man enough to get it himself and make sure you spend your time trolling hunters and telling them how big of a disgrace they are. Don't bother trying to give me your side of the story because I don't give a ****. WITH US or AGAINST US.
And yet you don't stand beside your Aboriginal hunting brothers and support their current rights without criticism. Who "US" is seems to change with the situation and your view of it.

I don't have to support someone just because they wear camo. I don't have to agree with every AFGA resolution passed. I don't have to support all current laws. I have to follow them, I don't have to agree or stay silent.

Last edited by Okotokian; 08-23-2016 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:08 PM

Everyone should go listen to the Cameron Hanes podcast he just put out last night, he and Joe Rogan talk about this whole thing and provide a different view on it, it starts around 39 minutes in! i encourage everyone to listen to it!
Old 08-23-2016, 12:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
So tell them that.
Just did, thanks for the good advise Okotokian.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
Just did, thanks for the good advise Okotokian.
Thanks! But even a blind squirrel finds an acorn occasionally.

Last edited by Okotokian; 08-23-2016 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
And yet you don't stand beside your Aboriginal hunting brothers and support their current rights without criticism. Who "US" is seems to change with the situation and your view of it.

I don't have to support someone just because they wear camo. I don't have to agree with every AFGA resolution passed. I don't have to support all current laws. I have to follow them, I don't have to agree or stay silent.
Agree 100%. We live in a country where we are allowed independent thought and the option of agreement or disagreement.

I would suggest that the Bowmars made a "business decision" with their film. Underarmour decided to make a business decision as well.

Unfortunately, the Bowmars foolish decision will have implication for us all. These videos don't represent the spirit of the sport, and they don't represent me.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherdan View Post
Agree 100%. We live in a country where we are allowed independent thought and the option of agreement or disagreement.

I would suggest that the Bowmars made a "business decision" with their film. Underarmour decided to make a business decision as well.

Unfortunately, the Bowmars foolish decision will have implication for us all. These videos don't represent the spirit of the sport, and they don't represent me.

Here here. Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:

See post #79. Under Armour caved to the anti's and nothing more.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks! But even a blind squirrel with a green cape finds an acorn occasionally.
Fixed it for you
Old 08-23-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:

This.
Under armour is looking out for its buisness.(that's #1 what to do to run a successful buisness ) stupid buisness owners follow their hearts and not their heads. People in charge of successful businesses follow this in order to remain successful... It's purely a buisness decision. Nothing more.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:10 PM

I wonder how much money the NDP spent seeing if they could charge Bowmar?

No charges will be laid against Bowmar.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2898479/no...bear-in-video/
Old 08-23-2016, 03:25 PM

I encourage anyone interested in this to listen to the Cam Hanes podcast #6, seems Josh may have staged some photos the following day when they recovered the bear. Supposedly used beaver blood on the spear and his hands to make things more dramatic.

LC
Old 08-23-2016, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
I encourage anyone interested in this to listen to the Cam Hanes podcast #6, seems Josh may have staged some photos the following day when they recovered the bear. Supposedly used beaver blood on the spear and his hands to make things more dramatic.

LC
what is the pod cast called, I can't find anything when I search Cam Hanes
Old 08-23-2016, 03:32 PM

Default keep hammering

I think It is keep hammering w/ Cameron hanes

Old 08-23-2016, 05:03 PM

Here's the thing that bothers me about this and to an extent the entire hunting community.

It used to be acceptable and ending it to say:

I feel that Marcus is a bum hole because I don't like the way he hunts.

That was as far as it goes.

Now it's:

I feel that Marcus is a bum hole because I don't like the way he hunts. (Write his sponsors, contact his work, post his name number and license plate!)

Somewhere we've crossed the entitlement line from:

"You know, I don't like the way Marcus hunts. I don't like him. Glad I don't have to deal with him at my camp."

To:

"You know, I don't like the way Marcus hunts. The heck with him, let's hurt him any way that we can."

I kind of blame the internet for this honestly.

*I* don't like spear hunting. It's not my thing, but if you want to do it go ahead. It's not illegal, I'll defend your right to it.

If we as a community were more like this we'd lose less. And don't even get me started about the firearm community.

Go watch this. Advertisement or not. That's how *I* feel. But I don't kick up my heels and gun for those that don't.

Greatest of Inheritances

-Billy Currington (People are crazy)

Currently retired from hunting due to injury, but looking to get back on the wagon in 2020. Up in Yellowknife and missing my Alberta home big time.

This is the kind of thinking we are up against, vote Conservative this election!

Full Thread: https://imgur.com/a/y7RARBC

Last edited by thirty-30; 08-23-2016 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:38 PM

Default smrt business decision by UA

Follow the money:
UA makes a kneejerk business decision to appease approximately 4,500 anti hunters that signed a petition vilifying Josh and Sara Bowmar for a legal bear hunt. IMO, most of these ADOS people will forget this once the next latest and greatest social media crusade pops up on their SJW radar.

At last count, there were approximately 6,600 signatures on the counter petition. This petition is being signed by highly motivated members of the outdoors community, who now have a chip on their shoulder (I certainly do) in regards to UA's abandonment of a fellow hunter.

Which group do you think can/will have the biggest impact to their bottom line?
I hope that UA's smrt decision hits them right in the 'feels'.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 08-23-2016, 05:39 PM

Well. I think the only way to settle this is for all of us to stop hunting, and get our meat from the grocery store, where no animals were hurt in it's manufacturing.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
Follow the money:
UA makes a kneejerk business decision to appease approximately 4,500 anti hunters that signed a petition

At last count, there were approximately 6,600 signatures on the counter petition. This petition is being signed by highly motivated members of the outdoors community, who now have a chip on their shoulder (I certainly do) in regards to UA's abandonment of a fellow hunter.

Which group do you think can/will have the biggest impact to their bottom line?
I hope that UA's smrt decision hits them right in the 'feels'.
6600 highly motivated signatures counter to 4,500 anti hunters who haven't even got wound up or motivated yet. You might not want to rile up and motivate the Anti Spear hunters, wake that sleeping bear it might roll over and bury those 'motivated' hunters. UA management know this. They are up to date on their market research, they are not stupid and they know who is buying what. Hunters are not at the top of the list. Especially when half of the hunters out there are also against spear hunting, what does that tell you.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:22 PM

Default It's not about the spear

They are not Anti Spear Hunters, they are Anti Hunters; the spear was simply convenient for them. They will threaten, scream at, and decry the hunting community at every opportunity, or until the next big social media induced craze attracts their attention. They do have power, but they typically don't have longevity; since splitting their attention detracts from the vehemence of their SJW attacks.
This story is spilling over into the US, and the hunters down there are not taking this lightly. They know that once precedents are made, they are easier to justify and import into other jurisdictions. Time will tell how this will play out.

As for UA's management team? The chances of their MBA's/CPA's being smarter than a post turtle when it comes to deciphering their Ouija spreadsheets is unlikely.
For some reason, I doubt that the SJW's taking up this cause make up a large portion of UA's yearly athletic clothing sales. More likely LuLuLemon and Old Navy.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 08-24-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
They are not Anti Spear Hunters, they are Anti Hunters; the spear was simply convenient for them. They will threaten, scream at, and decry the hunting community at every opportunity, or until the next big social media induced craze attracts their attention. They do have power, but they typically don't have longevity; since splitting their attention detracts from the vehemence of their SJW attacks.
This story is spilling over into the US, and the hunters down there are not taking this lightly. They know that once precedents are made, they are easier to justify and import into other jurisdictions. Time will tell how this will play out.

As for UA's management team? The chances of their MBA's/CPA's being smarter than a post turtle when it comes to deciphering their Ouija spreadsheets is unlikely.
For some reason, I doubt that the SJW's taking up this cause make up a large portion of UA's yearly athletic clothing sales. More likely LuLuLemon and Old Navy.
Thing is the antis just got poked by a spear and so did a lot of people who never really gave it much thought. Put it this way putting that video on facebook created a bunch more anti hunters and didn't gain any pro hunters, in fact it has even offended off half of the hunting community. Posting videos like that don't help our cause.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Thing is the antis just got poked by a spear and so did a lot of people who never really gave it much thought. Put it this way putting that video on facebook created a bunch more anti hunters and didn't gain any pro hunters, in fact it has even offended off half of the hunting community. Posting videos like that don't help our cause.
So should we stop posting all hunting videos? Maybe stop hunting TV programming? If we hide what we like doing the Antis will probably forget we are doing it right?
Old 08-24-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJS View Post
So should we stop posting all hunting videos? Maybe stop hunting TV programming? If we hide what we like doing the Antis will probably forget we are doing it right?
No we need to stop posting stuff that makes us look like bloodthirsty stupid idiots. We need to post positive things.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
No we need to stop posting stuff that makes us look like bloodthirsty stupid idiots. We need to post positive things.
I'm sorry but antis don't care if it's spear bow or gun hunting. They're against it all. This type of video isn't the problem. Our society is getting soft. That's the problem.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJS View Post
I'm sorry but antis don't care if it's spear bow or gun hunting. They're against it all. This type of video isn't the problem. Our society is getting soft. That's the problem.
The antis aren't the ones we should concern ourselves with it's the silent non-hunting majority we need to garner support from.

LC
Old 08-24-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
Fixed it for you
Old 08-24-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehunter21 View Post
Everyone should go listen to the Cameron Hanes podcast he just put out last night, he and Joe Rogan talk about this whole thing and provide a different view on it, it starts around 39 minutes in! i encourage everyone to listen to it!
X2
Old 08-24-2016, 09:43 AM

Quote:
The antis aren't the ones we should concern ourselves with it's the silent non-hunting majority we need to garner support from.

LC
How do we do that?
Old 08-24-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:

LC
I agree 100%. With that support the push back against the Antis is a lot easier.