Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-03-2020, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermag View Post
I think the cheap generators have their place, but it's not in a campground. I've camped beside people that startup one of those yellow beasties and let it run all day long and they are sure loud.
The part I find really annoying is there are a couple of really easy fixes to quiet down noisy Generators. From insulated boxes to after market mufflers there are lots of very inexpensive options. Problem is, most people seem to be so self centered they could care less if their noisy generator bothers others.

Personally I run Yamaha and Honda because they are so refined. For one thing, you don't need to do extra to quiet them down, though in tight campgrounds we did run an insulted box which makes them almost soundless. Takes less than an hour to build and you can transport the generator in it so the generator is protected.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
The part I find really annoying is there are a couple of really easy fixes to quiet down noisy Generators. From insulated boxes to after market mufflers there are lots of very inexpensive options. Problem is, most people seem to be so self centered they could care less if their noisy generator bothers others.

Personally I run Yamaha and Honda because they are so refined. For one thing, you don't need to do extra to quiet them down, though in tight campgrounds we did run an insulted box which makes them almost soundless. Takes less than an hour to build and you can transport the generator in it so the generator is protected.
Yup! My buddy camps a LOT and is pretty particular about his stuff. He's tried many generators and only runs Honda and Yamaha units. His are so quiet already, but he still puts them in an enclosure and tries to stick it somewhere discrete. It makes a big difference.

I had a guy put his Champion 20' from my tent and let it run until 2 AM. We were up early and decided to practice our elk bugles for a while. The curtains on the trailer kept moving as someone was peeking out. but nothing was said.
Old 07-03-2020, 03:07 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermag View Post
Yup! My buddy camps a LOT and is pretty particular about his stuff. He's tried many generators and only runs Honda and Yamaha units. His are so quiet already, but he still puts them in an enclosure and tries to stick it somewhere discrete. It makes a big difference.

I had a guy put his Champion 20' from my tent and let it run until 2 AM. We were up early and decided to practice our elk bugles for a while. The curtains on the trailer kept moving as someone was peeking out. but nothing was said.
man that doesn't even sound like a relaxing time.....willy nelson on the right....ac/dc on the left....I am leaving you for your brother behind you....all night then loud kids during the day...….

makes you appreciate going home....hmmm...now I get it!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...