Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-03-2020, 07:03 PM

Default RV question

What is the best way too remove black stains/mold off a rubber roof.Ive tried a few products from the dealerships and they dont work very well.Im a little nervous to use a pressure washer on it.Ive looked on youtube but there always seems that someone that has done this before is a forum member.Also im having a bugger of a time removing the residue from buds off of poplar trees.Thanks in advance
Old 07-03-2020, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACKER View Post
What is the best way too remove black stains/mold off a rubber roof.Ive tried a few products from the dealerships and they dont work very well.Im a little nervous to use a pressure washer on it.Ive looked on youtube but there always seems that someone that has done this before is a forum member.Also im having a bugger of a time removing the residue from buds off of poplar trees.Thanks in advance
Gotta use RV soap and on of those wooden brush things.

Basically soap and elbow grease.
Old 07-03-2020, 07:54 PM

OXY Multi -surface cleaner.
Old 07-03-2020, 07:55 PM

Just get some rv rubber roof cleaner and a brush that's not to stiff,you won't remove all the dark spots out of you rubber roof.

There cooked into the rubber and you rub to hard you may tear your roof or weaken it. No pressure washer . Just get it as clean as you can without adding to much pressure by hand.It's not a tin roof.

If you find any cracks seal them right away with Rv rubber roof tape, 5 inch wide stuff,you can get a good price on this tape from rexoseal online.

They wanted 5 bucks a foot where I live , so I ordered 75 feet for 90 bucks plus the guy threw in a bottle of roof cleaner from rexoseal,very fast shipping.3 days for me.

Good stuff to have around specially if you want to do around your vents before putting a couple coats of rubber roof on it.
Plus if your in the bush or camping having a roll of this roof repair tape is great,i had a branch break from a large tree and cut a piece of my roof and I repaired it in ten minutes.

JD

Last edited by JD848; 07-03-2020 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:28 PM

I have used spray9 with great success, you will not get rid of any black spots completely no matter what you use.