Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-22-2018, 09:57 PM

Default Protest to support Alberta’s economic battle against carbon taxes and getting a pipeline

https://business.financialpost.com/o...isastrous-flop

Hopefully we see a tide turning to get prosperity back into the Albertan vocabulary.

Interesting how word is getting out that with billions in economic subsidies for wind and solar that they only make up 1.1% of the world energy demand and that gas costs half as much and green initiative in Europe increase carbon footprint.

When can we just go back to fishing and hunting and stop wasting so much money?

There was a good protest today when Trudeau visited Calgary. He was double teamed by postal workers.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-23-2018, 05:42 AM

Once we get a Prime Minister with a spine and who knows firsthand where people's money comes from, maybe some of the economic damage "progressive" governments have done will start to subside. I have never believed that Justin Trudeau will ever allow the TMX pipeline to succeed, no matter what he says. The first step for Alberta and for Canada is to get really tough on pipeline opposition. If this nonsense was allowed to determine policy in the last century we'ed be still in the stone age. There'd be no railroads, highways, electricity, or running water. Some may like it that way, but those who want a better life for their children and future generations outnumber all the tree huggers, etc. whose so called "green agenda" is a thinly disguised campaign of social anarchy. Political and environmental correctness is becoming a passing fad for people who have bills to pay.
Those who vote Liberal can go live in a yurt.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
Once we get a Prime Minister with a spine and who knows firsthand where people's money comes from, maybe some of the economic damage "progressive" governments have done will start to subside. I have never believed that Justin Trudeau will ever allow the TMX pipeline to succeed, no matter what he says. The first step for Alberta and for Canada is to get really tough on pipeline opposition. If this nonsense was allowed to determine policy in the last century we'ed be still in the stone age. There'd be no railroads, highways, electricity, or running water. Some may like it that way, but those who want a better life for their children and future generations outnumber all the tree huggers, etc. whose so called "green agenda" is a thinly disguised campaign of social anarchy. Political and environmental correctness is becoming a passing fad for people who have bills to pay.
The Truth will set us Free continuing on the path we're on will have us freezing in the dark with stone tools.

Griz
Old 11-23-2018, 07:12 AM

I saw Trudeau's responses to the oil price problem, pipelines etc. Same mealy mouthed responses as usual. Lots of platitudes and righteous indignation followed by excuses and no hard plan. "Be patient", these things take time. That guy is totally useless. This affects the prosperity of the whole country. It won't be just Alberta that won't be able to hunt and fish if this keeps up.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:26 AM

I think we should give Quebec their transfer payments from Alberta in oil.
It is nuts to give oil away in western Canada and then buy oil at world price in eastern Canada.
If they can dump raw sewage into the rivers and oceans then they can accept pipelines. I thought Canada was to promote all of Canada for the betterment of all Canadians.
Old 11-23-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie View Post
ns.
Great idea.
Give us access(pipeline) to refineries on east coast and give them half the discount for three years.
After 3 years, everyone will see the benefit and renegotiate.

Are quebecers reasonable to deal with?
Old 12-11-2018, 06:37 PM

https://nationalpost.com/news/first-...against-ottawa

I wonder how the anti's and media will try to spin this? It's good to bring some positive pipeline attention to fold!
Old 12-11-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie View Post
Good idea except tell them to come pick it up, a pipeline would sound like a good idea to them then
Old 12-11-2018, 07:05 PM

Quote:
A yurt on Banks Island would be about perfect
Old 12-12-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
https://business.financialpost.com/o...isastrous-flop

Hopefully we see a tide turning to get prosperity back into the Albertan vocabulary.

Interesting how word is getting out that with billions in economic subsidies for wind and solar that they only make up 1.1% of the world energy demand and that gas costs half as much and green initiative in Europe increase carbon footprint.

When can we just go back to fishing and hunting and stop wasting so much money?

There was a good protest today when Trudeau visited Calgary. He was double teamed by postal workers.
He should’ve been double teamed by Ron Jeremy and Peter -don’t remember his name...
Old 12-12-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
He should’ve been double teamed by Ron Jeremy and Peter -don’t remember his name...
With all the pro gender, bi sexual, transsexual and whatever sexual crap that he spouts I have a feeling that would be something he would enjoy.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 12-12-2018, 03:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well said, just look where the Trutards roots are from, the most entitled, arrogant, corrupt province in this country, they all look down on the rest of Canada. This business of trying to reinvent the wheel is a joke, fix the real problems!!!
Eco terrorist should be treated the same as real terrorists, they are threatening this countries economy, call me, I would pay to cut the ropes off the bridge!!
We need a leader who values the state of this country over, pride parades, hanging out with terrorists, banning guns, takin selfies, buyin ghost pipelines, playing dress up, implementing carbon taxes, fretting over weed supply, if a CEO of a big company acted like this, they would have fired him years ago, why this type of behaviour is now acceptable is beyond me.
This country will remain in shambles till Trutard is gone.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
With all the pro gender, bi sexual, transsexual and whatever sexual crap that he spouts I have a feeling that would be something he would enjoy.
Sorry my bad! You most likely correct on this one!
Old 12-13-2018, 11:20 AM

Talking

Quote:
That's profiling!

(yurt is too nice for them, I prefer Antartica to run our new outdoor wall-less jails)

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-13-2018, 12:01 PM

Justin lost the legalization vote now it’s passed so another term looks unlikely. To many hurting families now time for another change to pro business agenda.
Time to take your multi coloured flag and head back to Aga Khan‘s island.