Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-09-2012, 03:58 PM

Default Lady In Need of rental In Calgary ASAP

Just got Off Phone with a freind Of mine and she is in need of a place to rent ASAP,, She is in a very Dangerous situation and needs to get her and her daughter out of it,, the rental has to accept dogs, Let me know what you guys have or know of.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetrider2011 View Post
Just got Off Phone with a freind Of mine and she is in need of a place to rent ASAP,, She is in a very Dangerous situation and needs to get her and her daughter out of it,, the rental has to accept dogs, Let me know what you guys have or know of.
If shes in a dangerous position, why doesn`t call the police who can set her up with an agency for those displaced by domesic violence or situation that require urgent attention until she can get extablished in a new residence.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
If shes in a dangerous position, why doesn`t call the police who can set her up with an agency for those displaced by domesic violence or situation that require urgent attention until she can get extablished in a new residence.
Unfortunately It will Not happen, She has too much to lose at the moment she needs to find a place that she can move lock stock and barrel too,, also the Constabulary have already been at residence to deal with situations,, just seem to not want to remove the the problem creating the dangerous situation. The unfortunate problem is they wont do anything until it gets violent.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:37 PM

If she needs to go immediately, pm me and I can give you a few phone numbers of a few good womens places in the city, and she can find a place from there. I'm sure someone on the forum would open up their yard to the pooch for a couple weeks until this gal could get off her feet and jumpstart a new, safer life away from conflict.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:25 PM

That doesn't seem right. My ex called the cops on me just because I moved her out of my way while she was blocking my only exit. She was yelling and screaming at me and when I had enough i went to leave but she blocked me. She said I would have to move her to get out, so I did. No violence, just 1 hand on her shoulder and moved her enough to get past. She had 40 lbs on me and she was a black belt in karate. Next thing I know I was arrested because she called 911.

If she is in real danger the police. They will remove the threat with just a phone call. I know first hand they will do it even if the man involved isn't the threat.
In my case the cops didn't see me as an offender, but because she called 911 and said she was in fear, I lost.

I hope she gets away from him. There is no need to live in fear.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:33 PM

Unfortunately its not good at all,, This guy is too smart and plays the game well, If i wasnt so frickn busy with calving Id go get her and find a spot for her and her kidlet. At least i know the lil worm wouldnt be so dumb as to get stupid with me around. It may have to come to that, was just hoping someone down there would know of a house for rent ect.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:44 PM

Tell her to call the cops and he will be removed. It doesn't take much. Don't ask me how I know. If he is truly dangerous, you could call it in to take the heat off her. Aparently something has to be done before something really bad happens
Old 05-10-2012, 12:12 PM

She needs to get in contact with the Brenda Strafford Society. They have emergency housing for issues like this.

The Brenda Strafford Centre
Box 61141 Kensington Postal Outlet
Calgary, Alberta
T2N 4S6
Telephone: 403-270-7240
Fax: 403-270-7166
Old 05-10-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately its not good at all,, This guy is too smart and plays the game well, If i wasnt so frickn busy with calving Id go get her and find a spot for her and her kidlet. At least i know the lil worm wouldnt be so dumb as to get stupid with me around. It may have to come to that, was just hoping someone down there would know of a house for rent ect.
Good to know that calving is more important than someones safety. I bet that would make her say, `Thats ok, I understand'
Old 05-10-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdad013 View Post
Good to know that calving is more important than someones safety. I bet that would make her say, `Thats ok, I understand'
And You would know the situation how? Before You run your mouth off About Something you do not Know, Shut it. I already have people in place watching over the situation. So go crawl back under the rock you came from. Geeeeez some peoples Kids I tell ya
Old 05-10-2012, 01:08 PM

Get a hold of a society operating a shelter...

Too much to lose!?... Sounds like she does not want to leave home as she will lose it? not a lot of details....

Property can be replaced, life and safety/security of her and the child (ren) need to take precedence....

Get into a shelter and get into it quickly while there is time

All I can say is that sometimes best to go through channells with people experienced in these matters...

Just throwing this out there.... Maybe you are getting played?

Good to be concerned for a friend and kudos for doing your best especially when in a tough spot with calving...
Old 05-10-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
And You would know the situation how? Before You run your mouth off About Something you do not Know, Shut it. I already have people in place watching over the situation. So go crawl back under the rock you came from. Geeeeez some peoples Kids I tell ya
Well maybe you should have said that. In your post it came across as you were to busy to help a friend in an extreme situation. Sorry to have offended you, the way it read was just like you were trying to pawn her and her troubles off. Again, apologies..