Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Banned

im not the religious type jack, and wont pretend to be. i will send you the best wishes i can though.

this sounds exactly like what a kid on my cousins hockey team had years ago. i was coaching that team, and that little guy would always complain of stomach pain after practice. after a few months of the pain, his parents took him in for a look and it was a cancerous tumor in the kidney region. they took good care of him though, and today he is still alive and well. that was in 92.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:39 AM
AvayaAce

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:48 AM

My thots and prayers are with you and your family!
Old 05-07-2012, 11:23 AM

Thoughts and prayers.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:27 AM

From me too...
Old 05-07-2012, 11:35 AM

Prayers and positive thoughts for him for sure. The bike deal was no accident !
Old 05-07-2012, 11:52 AM

Gaurdian angels and the big guy are allready looking after this boy but I will send my thoughts and prayers as well for a speedy recovery and being cancer free. Best wishes young man, as a parent you never want to see a kid hurt.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
I don't know what you believe, but I do know what I believe.
I have experienced divine healing. I have experienced the power of prayer.
I believe, and I will petition the Father for your nephew.
Me, too.

The hard part to accept is that sometimes the answer is not what we wanted.

All the best.....truly.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:27 PM

Keeping you all in my thoughts and hoping that this INDEED is a blessing in disguise.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:44 PM

Prayers sent.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:58 PM

Oh my goodness.

I hope he recovers quickly and never has to deal with anything like this again.

Sending well wishes.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:47 PM

Lots of prayers for the little guy and your family.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Albert Johnson

Prayers sent.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Nothing hits as hard as news about a child facing cancer treatment.

Keg said exactly what i would have said if he had not beat me to it. On going prayer on lil guys behalf and for the family will be made.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Banned

Best wishes Jack to the family and your nephew. Sounds like a rough road ahead, but with a good prognosis. Good thing they caught it.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:34 PM

my thought and prayers go out to to you and your family.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:00 AM

Done.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:19 AM

Default Every ounce

All the prayer/positive thoughts energy etc possible for the little guy. It is a horrible fact of life cancer is............. especially when it hits the children who have as of yet so much life to live...........nothing but good wishes and hope for the best yourself in these trying times.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:20 AM

Prayers sent for healing, strength and comfort for the little guy and his family, and for skill and great knowledge for the doctors and nurses looking after him.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:26 PM

First of all, I want to truly thank each and every one of you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. Whether you are the spiritual type or not...whether you believe in any higher power...it is all positive energy sent to my nephew. These are things not easily asked for from total strangers, yet they are freely given. Again...my thanks.

It has been a very tough week to say the least.

Quote:
Nothing hits as hard as news about a child facing cancer treatment.

Keg....I do believe. I may be witnessing something amazing right before my eyes as a very strange thing happened to me today. I will post about it after this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your nephew but as you said they may not have caught the tumor otherwise.
My 19 month old Grand daughter is in hospital now with exactly the same thing. They removed one kidney on April 5.It had two large tumors on it. They found them while looking for a different problem. She had some serious complications unrelated to the tumor and things were very scary for a while.

The surgery went as planned and she is healing well from that. Her issues were related to lung infections. She was not allowed to wake up from the surgery till this past Friday. It has been a long month. she is improving every day and has had two bouts of chemo treatments. Her reaction to chemo has been minimal.

I tell you about Emma to hopefully encourage you. The surgery is very effective and barring complications I'm confident he will bounce back quickly.

I do believe in the power of prayer. I know a lot of people are praying for Emma and we will be praying for your nephew and family as well.
RF....thank you for sharing about your granddaughter. I will add your Emma to my prayers tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
We are praying for you, his family and him, but I wonder if it would help if we had a name.

I'm sure God knows but it would help me if I knew.

Prayer and scientific medicine are a very good plan.

God Bless
God Bless you too Densa...and I didn't even realize that I didn't include his name in my orig. post. His name is Colby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I will pray for him, but I think he is being watched over just fine. His bike incident was no accident. Everything happens for a reason.

God Bless.
Funny you said that Shaggy...and others have as well. That was the first thought I had when my sis told me. Everything does happen for a reason. He moves in mysterious ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip View Post
I agree with this Shaggy....my prayers are sent with this message, My Mother worked in the Catholic Church for 26 years and i have also seen the power of prayer especially when done in numbers,thinking of you and the little one....everything will be okay!
I think this is exactly why I felt the need to post the story here. We have a number of quality people on this forum...and I thank you all for your willingness to keep my nephew in your thoughts and prayers.

"There seems to be alot of urinating in breakfast cereal around here." - Rackman, 2010

"It is true, there are dead beat dads out there, and there are thousands of dead beat moms too, who live off the efforts of good men trying to do the right thing." -KegRiver, 2011

"You have social media to thank for turning everyone into self-righteous know-it-alls.." -random internet dude, 2015
Old 05-10-2012, 11:36 PM

Very sorry to have missed this one, D.

Of course prayers are sent for little, Colby from the 'Treehouse'. All things happen for a reason and this may just end up being the greatest bike wreck of all time.

PM if there's anything we can do.

Sean
Old 05-10-2012, 11:44 PM

Default Update...

Today, I got an update...and something else.

I was sitting in a parking lot when I realized that I had missed a call on my phone. It was from my mother. I called her back and she proceeded to tell me that Colby took a turn for the better today. His fever that he has had since entering the hospital seems to have subsided and he is doing much better. He was very talkative and apparently may be stable enough to fly back to MB for the long road ahead for the surgery and chemo. So that was good news...and I believe your prayers and wishes have something to do with that.

Then my mother also told me about a phone call she received. It was from our family priest back in Winnipeg. He told my Mom that he needed to call. I was struck by this as for some reason yesterday, I thought about him quite a bit....now he was calling. I have not spoken to him since last summer when I went back to MB.

I have to say this first....and for those of you who are not spiritual, you may dismiss this as weird. But just listen for a second. This man is an incredible person. It is hard to describe, but when you are with him, you get a sense of peace. I know no other way to describe him other than to say that you get the feeling that he.....is connected.

Anyway, he goes on to tell my Mom the following: "I just wanted to call and tell you that I had a vision. An angel told me that although Colby will lose his kidney, he will be alright."

There was silence on the phone. Then my Mom started to cry....and so did I. You see, the thing is: nobody called our priest to tell him that Colby had been diagnosed with cancer.

Do I believe? Yes I do.

Take from my post what you will....but I have nothing more to say about that.

"There seems to be alot of urinating in breakfast cereal around here." - Rackman, 2010

"It is true, there are dead beat dads out there, and there are thousands of dead beat moms too, who live off the efforts of good men trying to do the right thing." -KegRiver, 2011

"You have social media to thank for turning everyone into self-righteous know-it-alls.." -random internet dude, 2015
Old 05-10-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Very sorry to have missed this one, D.

Of course prayers are sent for little, Colby from the 'Treehouse'. All things happen for a reason and this may just end up being the greatest bike wreck of all time.

PM if there's anything we can do.

Sean

Thanks Sean...much appreciated.

And I wanted to say that I really like what you wrote...

The greatest bike wreck of all time. That's a damn fine way to look at it and I will pass that on to my sister.

Thanks again, my friend. Best wishes to the Treehouse.