Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-16-2024, 02:15 PM

Default "beware" buying anything from GPSCITY

I don't typically enter the internet realm to complain about a company but its best if I warn you here before spending money with "gpscity". I ordered a full slate of items from this company totaling $5700.00 and I'm being treated like I don't exist.

Placed my order on Dec. 27th and was told 10 days total wait time and I would have this stuff. I also stated, if its longer then 2 weeks, please tell me and I will order it from somewhere else. He insisted it wouldn't be any longer. 10+ days goes by and I hear crickets from these guys. I phone again, he assures me they have acquired the stock and they are almost there from the USA(weather delay). I agree to wait another 3-4 days and I'm happy. Another week goes by and still I hear nothing. I phone again today and I get the exact same excuses from the exact person helping me this whole time. I then ask to speak with somebody else regarding my situation and he just says "nope", send an email and we can help you.

By far the worst customer service I have ever received my entire life from a company. It almost seems like they don't even want my money. Unreal how a company this day and age can operate like this. Now I'm stuck at their mercy because if I change my order, I lose all my sale pricing and risk not getting any of these items.
Old 01-16-2024, 02:26 PM

The solution is in your post.

Call them and tell them that you are calling your credit card company to cancel the Order as it never was delivered as promised.

Watch the reply and decide to vote with your wallet. Its the only thing that motivates alot of companies.

Drewski
Old 01-16-2024, 02:45 PM

X2 Best just to let them know you are cancelling the card.

They have been around for a while so I think they would want to look after your order if you are in Calgary then go down and see the boss man in person

Last edited by TROLLER; 01-16-2024 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-16-2024, 03:03 PM

Well that sucks. I went to their site and it is not easy to navigate. Seems like there are good deals but I went to click on them I often ended up in an out of stock page. Maybe it is just me...

I hope either you get what you ordered, or, a better place if you can cancel. For what it is worth, I've used KBM Outdoors in the past and they have been great and accurate with their times.

I hope it all works out for you.
Old 01-16-2024, 04:45 PM

Default It happens.

I’ve ordered from GPScity and never had any problems. Maybe your just an unlucky one where shipping from the US is being slow.
I’ve had a package from a different company not show up for almost a year.
I completely forgot about it and when it showed up I was surprised it showed up at all.
Old 01-16-2024, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckCuller View Post
I’ve ordered from GPScity and never had any problems. Maybe your just an unlucky one where shipping from the US is being slow.
I’ve had a package from a different company not show up for almost a year.
I completely forgot about it and when it showed up I was surprised it showed up at all.
I don't mind waiting, just don't give me unrealistic timelines and then continue to kick the can down the road. If they told me X amount of time and we agreed, I'd be fine. Its the continuous excuses and then making me follow up with my own order. At one point I could hear the person on the phone put it down on the table because he didn't want to listen to me speak. How's that for customer service?
Old 01-16-2024, 05:05 PM

I bought radios from them a couple years ago... no problems.
Old 01-16-2024, 05:56 PM

Default They shouldn’t be giving you the run around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egymcara View Post
I don't mind waiting, just don't give me unrealistic timelines and then continue to kick the can down the road. If they told me X amount of time and we agreed, I'd be fine. Its the continuous excuses and then making me follow up with my own order. At one point I could hear the person on the phone put it down on the table because he didn't want to listen to me speak. How's that for customer service?
Yeh I do agree that they should be straight with you about why your order is late.
I definitely would ask to speak to someone further up the ladder and try to get some answers.
Old 01-16-2024, 06:20 PM

You told them if it’s longer than two weeks. You would order elsewhere. Order elsewhere. It’s like a kid. Do this by the time I count to ten. If nothing happens when you get to ten they know your threats are empty.
Old 01-16-2024, 06:54 PM

Well I'm sorry to hear this, as it was probably me who told you to order from them. I've never had any issues and they have always shipped stuff fast. I'd check out prices elsewhere and if you find something comparable cancel your order with them. Stuff happens and they often indicate they are out of stock at the moment. But there is no excuse for treating customers like that. As a business owner myself, I will also it could just be one bad apple on a short term stint with them until his actions are discovered. Best of luck resolving it either way.
Old 01-16-2024, 09:24 PM

Please don’t confuse GPS CITY, with GPS CENTRAL !!!

I’ve used GPS CENTRAL for decades, and always found their sales and service to be top-notch.
Old 01-17-2024, 06:12 AM

Quote:
I don't typically enter the internet realm to complain about a company but its best if I warn you here before spending money with "gpscity". I ordered a full slate of items from this company totaling $5700.00 and I'm being treated like I don't exist.

Placed my order on Dec. 27th and was told 10 days total wait time and I would have this stuff. I also stated, if its longer then 2 weeks, please tell me and I will order it from somewhere else. He insisted it wouldn't be any longer. 10+ days goes by and I hear crickets from these guys. I phone again, he assures me they have acquired the stock and they are almost there from the USA(weather delay). I agree to wait another 3-4 days and I'm happy. Another week goes by and still I hear nothing. I phone again today and I get the exact same excuses from the exact person helping me this whole time. I then ask to speak with somebody else regarding my situation and he just says "nope", send an email and we can help you.

By far the worst customer service I have ever received my entire life from a company. It almost seems like they don't even want my money. Unreal how a company this day and age can operate like this. Now I'm stuck at their mercy because if I change my order, I lose all my sale pricing and risk not getting any of these items.
Cabelas has the 126 on sale today only for the wild wend sale. $1900 off if you cancelled your order already. GARMIN ECHOMAP™ Ultra 126sv with GT54UHD-TM Transducer
Old 01-17-2024, 06:38 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

It sucks getting the run around for sure, perhaps another call to talk to someone further up the food chain, as indicated the one person you dealt with is more than likely the cancer in the company....if your call goes no where well so would my business too.

Hope it works out for you.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-17-2024, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Please don’t confuse GPS CITY, with GPS CENTRAL !!!

I’ve used GPS CENTRAL for decades, and always found their sales and service to be top-notch.
GPS CENTRAL is almost always more expensive than GPS City, and usually ships slower as well. I've used both several times.
Old 01-17-2024, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapiti340 View Post
Cabelas has the 126 on sale today only for the wild wend sale. $1900 off if you cancelled your order already. GARMIN ECHOMAP™ Ultra 126sv with GT54UHD-TM Transducer
Too heavy and too much current draw for a LiveScope setup. The only reason to use a 12" screen is with the very expensive GPSMAP 8612 to get the HDMI connection to connect to a big screen TV in a fish house.
Old 01-17-2024, 08:10 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertanGP View Post
Too heavy and too much current draw for a LiveScope setup. The only reason to use a 12" screen is with the very expensive GPSMAP 8612 to get the HDMI connection to connect to a big screen TV in a fish house.
You are a wealth of knowledge Dean, greatly appreciate your input on ice fishing and fishing in general.

Old 01-17-2024, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
You are a wealth of knowledge Dean, greatly appreciate your input on ice fishing and fishing in general.
Phew….. here I thought I was missing out with just a 106 lol!
Old 01-17-2024, 10:15 AM

The 106 is a great unit. It's noticeably heavier than a 9" ECHOMap and used to draw considerably more power than the old UHDs. But I think it's slightly better than the new UHD2's, although Garmin has been changing their power consumption ratings on the new UHD2's recently. Regardless, I use the 106 on my LiveScope XR setup and am quite happy with it. I actually like the old UHD and Ultra units better than the new UHD2/Ultra2 units.
Old 01-17-2024, 05:27 PM

*Update*

Just wrapped up ordering all of my desired items from Cody @ GPSCentral. He worked relentlessly to find what I needed and they even had all the items in stock! Ships out tomorrow and can't wait to receive/try it all. Great feeling when a person/company wants to go the extra mile for my business. They will definitely receive my business in the future.

*Side note*

I phoned to cancel my order @ GPSCity and they actually seemed surprised. The phone person tried to say they specially ordered my items and that I couldn't cancel my order. After my explanation and reasoning, he accepted but I was actually quite astonished with the call. Now I have to watch for unwanted credit card charges because I got bad vibes during that interaction.
Old 01-17-2024, 06:53 PM

Glad to hear it's hopefully working out.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2024, 07:27 AM

Honestly, this is starting to seem what e-commerce and customer service looks like post-COVID. Been through it so many times the last few years that it is getting frustrating. Small businesses, large corporations, doesn't seem to matter. Advertise as "in stock", make statements like "in stock items ship within 3 business days". Two weeks go by and when you ask for a tracking number they tell you it is en route from the manufacturer and they should have it out in a couple days. Now that leaves a person in a bind, do you cancel and risk the next place you order from doing the same thing?

I feel like when these sort of circumstances happened 5 or 10 years ago, the company would immediately reach out and let you know there was a stock error, or the product is on back order and give you an ETA with the option of waiting or cancelling.
Old 01-18-2024, 08:10 AM

Good to hear it worked out for you, it’s your hard earned money your spending and if who you deal with can’t seem to grasp this well like you did move on.

I like to spend locally, in Alberta etc but like right now I had issues with a Alberta company giving me the feeling my questions regarding items compatibility for our kayaks was something of an inconvenience so I quickly searched out a company in Ontario, made a call, got great customer service and ordered all my required items from them with free shipping

Customer service and my wallet always play into the equation.

Look forward to seeing your new toys out of the ice.

Old 01-18-2024, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
Honestly, this is starting to seem what e-commerce and customer service looks like post-COVID. Been through it so many times the last few years that it is getting frustrating. Small businesses, large corporations, doesn't seem to matter. Advertise as "in stock", make statements like "in stock items ship within 3 business days". Two weeks go by and when you ask for a tracking number they tell you it is en route from the manufacturer and they should have it out in a couple days. Now that leaves a person in a bind, do you cancel and risk the next place you order from doing the same thing?

I feel like when these sort of circumstances happened 5 or 10 years ago, the company would immediately reach out and let you know there was a stock error, or the product is on back order and give you an ETA with the option of waiting or cancelling.
You are 100% correct. Companies, including auto maker etc are all doing this order now and get stock in later. Basically companies don't want stock of any items because its easier to make you pay for it and have you wait. Rather pathetic when you think about it but sometimes you have no choice or you will never get it.
Old 01-18-2024, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post

It's everyone everywhere in every industry. We purchase almost 7 figures a month worth of product from dozens of vendors.....customer service is almost non existant and there are very few who actually give a damn.

That said....I've purchased a fair amount from GPS City over the years and no issues.
Old 01-18-2024, 10:31 PM

Quote:
*Update*

Just wrapped up ordering all of my desired items from Cody @ GPSCentral. He worked relentlessly to find what I needed and they even had all the items in stock! Ships out tomorrow and can't wait to receive/try it all. Great feeling when a person/company wants to go the extra mile for my business. They will definitely receive my business in the future..
Sounds like my experience with GPSCentral.
I’ve shopped around, and on some items, they’re not the least expensive, but their service is the best.