Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-03-2007, 10:57 PM

Default hunting shows

i have shaw digital...any channels that show some good hunting programs?? and what days/times?(not fishing shows either..those i can find)

i sure wish we got the vs. chan. up here on digital...
Old 11-04-2007, 07:42 AM

Other than Canada in the rough I think you have to have a satellite. Then you can get TOC (The outdoor Channel) This is probably the best channel that I have ever seen. Sure is alot of turkey hunting though!!
Old 11-04-2007, 07:54 AM
Banned

Shaw has Wild TV on VOD.. You get about 3 eppisodes of different hunting shows for 4 bucks I think.

I WISH we had more than that

Jamie
Old 11-04-2007, 07:56 AM
Gone Hunting

You have to be sure you have a satalite system that actually gets wild tv. I am still on Star choice and only get a couple hunting shows.

The downside of "Sunday hunting" (when we eventually get it) is I will probably not be seeing many hunting shows, at least in THE SEASON.

With an overnight dump of ~3 in. of fluffy snow here in Rocky area I wish I was out hunting this morning.

Well I'll go the church and thank God for the snow and the white-tails and the fact I am in Alberta and not Australia this year.

Robin in Rocky
Old 11-05-2007, 01:32 AM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browninggold View Post
Other than Canada in the rough I think you have to have a satellite. Then you can get TOC (The outdoor Channel) This is probably the best channel that I have ever seen. Sure is alot of turkey hunting though!!
What provider are you with that you get The Outdoor Channel. You must be running a "grey" dish as I'm unaware of any Canadian providers that carry it. Last time I saw it there was a whole lot of gold panning and car racing...they seem to have gone away from their hunting and fishing roots.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:07 PM

Bell Express Vu has "Wild TV" on channel 389. 24 hours of hunting, and fishing 7 days a week
Old 11-05-2007, 09:59 PM

You are correct sheephunter I WAS running a "grey" dish a few years back! We would pick up a U.S. signal. It truely is a great channel for an outdoorsperson. Times have changed and I no longer have a satellite so Canada in the Rough will have to suffice. The Bass Pro Shop website has some pretty neat hunts on video , I believe it is outdoor world.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp_Donkey View Post
Bell Express Vu has "Wild TV" on channel 389. 24 hours of hunting, and fishing 7 days a week
Yup....and 417 (or 419) is the World Fishing Network....and 390 is the Fight Network. All the same package

The only negative thing is they shoot alot of turkeys.....not bad if your a turkey fan I guess. Lotsa great entertainment though......the wife hates it....but after all the MMA that's on.....I've the "rear naked choke" down pat

tm
Old 11-06-2007, 06:32 AM

I love turkey hunting, it is very exciting, but it doesn't translate well to TV and makes a terrible TV show!
Old 11-06-2007, 06:39 AM

We watched bow fishing the other night, very funny. They were using bows to shoot carp that were jumping out of the water, had the fish kit on the bows. They got hit a few times with a few of the smaller fish. It was on Wild tV.