Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-23-2011, 09:55 AM

How many times have they called off sure goals because the goalie had the puck in his glove and inside the net but they could not accually see the puck accross the line? Its obviously a goal because the glove with the puck in it was accross the line. They got the call right last night.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
LOL and they are Livn on a Prayer if you think they will make the playoffs
Oil even make losing look bad..lol

Good luck with the rebuild because you are gonna need 3 lines of #1 picks to make a team because nobody gonna wanna come and play in loserville..

I will look for your team in the playoffs in 2020

Say what you want about the Flames but we could trade Kippy and Iggy and get some big name players in return and rebuild quick ...Oil have nobody worth anything...Probably have to try stealing someone like Penner for 10mil again lol Oh wait thats not a steal because you got robbed...

Old 01-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Banned

Hall and Eberle will be gone in 3 years. Oilers will be back to square one lol Toronto and Edmonton sittin' in a tree... Hahahaha
Old 01-23-2011, 11:20 AM

Of the next 15 Flames games 13 are at home, they look like a determined team right now so you never know...If they make it in look out!!!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownBear416 View Post
Oil even make losing look bad..lol

Good luck with the rebuild because you are gonna need 3 lines of #1 picks to make a team because nobody gonna wanna come and play in loserville..

I will look for your team in the playoffs in 2020

Say what you want about the Flames but we could trade Kippy and Iggy and get some big name players in return and rebuild quick ...Oil have nobody worth anything...Probably have to try stealing someone like Penner for 10mil again lol Oh wait thats not a steal because you got robbed...

I hope you hunt better than you know hockey BB...didnt you guys fire your GM? Didnt he trade Joki away for nothing and then sign him again? Kipper has been pulled what 4 times this month? WHat is it you got for Phaneuf in trade again? WHite Hagman and who? Didnt you dump White already? Hows that trade for Staois going ? Thanks for the 2nd round pick and havn a 3.7 mil Dman sittn eatn popcorn all night good move !!! Lets talk about that prospect pool of yours.....oooh thats right not much to talk about there either cuz your ISWT philosophy traded away picks for aging vets....oooh and congrats on finishing 9th or 10th in the west this year that puts you right in the running for a mediocre pick !! Wooo GO Flamers...

I dont expect the Oil to make the playoffs for 2 more years. As for the genius that says Hall and Eberle are gone in 3 years they are on there 1st entry level contract they only leave if the Oil decide to move em... as for Penner hes on pace to score 30 goals again this year...lots of teams would love a 30 goal scorer on their roster..... he may be overpaid but how about that Joki and Kotalik NOW theres good value for you bahahahhahahahahaha

LOL no amount of Flamer rhetoric will help you guys this yr or next. You guys are scared spitless that the Oil do have some future stars and that makes you crazy with envy...... just enjoy your mediocre hockey team and I will enthusiastically enjoy watching my rebuild.....and we will see who has the last laugh......
Old 01-23-2011, 03:58 PM

Don't get the cart to far ahead of the horse there Kanon...Eberle and Hall have a long long way to go before they are considered STARS in this league but I suppose if you go year after year of finishing dead last eventually LUCK should be on the COILS side as far as draft picks are concerned....hopefully the fan base hasn't dried up by then....
Old 01-23-2011, 04:20 PM

correction 11 of 15 home games for Flames.....GO FLAMES GO !!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Banned

Quote:

I dont expect the Oil to make the playoffs for 2 more years. As for the genius that says Hall and Eberle are gone in 3 years they are on there 1st entry level contract they only leave if the Oil decide to move em
Actually they have 3 year contracts. Eberle signed in 09 and Hall in '10. I googled it. Eberle will sign elsewheres in 2 years and Hall will be gone the year after. People who have the world as the Oyster don't settle in Edmonton.

Hell, Your "stars" could be like Eric lindros, Every year get concussed and not come through when it matters Hahaha
Old 01-23-2011, 04:38 PM

I'm scared that the Oil's pathetic work ethic is going to wreak Hall and Eberly before they even have a chance. They will only have a chance to shine when they are traded like any other ex Oiler with any skill. Right now the Oil's coaching staff are playing musical chairs with the lines.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:44 PM

Wink New Professional Team

I heard on the radio that reddeer is getting a new hockey team. They made that decision because edmonton and calgary did not have professsional hockey team. Oh-Ya !!
Old 01-23-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOTW View Post
Actually they have 3 year contracts. Eberle signed in 09 and Hall in '10. I googled it. Eberle will sign elsewheres in 2 years and Hall will be gone the year after. People who have the world as the Oyster don't settle in Edmonton.

Hell, Your "stars" could be like Eric lindros, Every year get concussed and not come through when it matters Hahaha
They cant "sign elsewhere " as until they are I believe 25 or played 7 yrs they are considered restricted free agents when their contracts are over all that the Oil are required to do is give them a qualifying offer...

Keep tryn to justify the Flamers bleak future you just continue to look desperate when you do
Old 01-23-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
I heard on the radio that reddeer is getting a new hockey team. They made that decision because edmonton and calgary did not have professsional hockey team. Oh-Ya !!
Thats great news Paul!!!!.....actually Red Deer has a great team going right now...Go Rebels!!!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
I'm scared that the Oil's pathetic work ethic is going to wreak Hall and Eberly before they even have a chance. They will only have a chance to shine when they are traded like any other ex Oiler with any skill. Right now the Oil's coaching staff are playing musical chairs with the lines.
LOL yep no work ethic thats why 3 Oilers were named to the All star game ( two were to the rookie team Eberle and Hall )

the Oil have Hall Eberle Omark and MPS Petry and Chorney all rookies in the line up injuries to Horcoff and Hemsky make line juggling a necessity Hell Sour Puss Sutter does it all the time

Keep slinging the arrows boys you will just look foolish in the end !
Old 01-23-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
They cant "sign elsewhere " as until they are I believe 25 or played 7 yrs they are considered restricted free agents when their contracts are over all that the Oil are required to do is give them a qualifying offer...

Keep tryn to justify the Flamers bleak future you just continue to look desperate when you do
If the new "Great Ones" up there fail I'm wondering which club will be more desperate...
Old 01-23-2011, 05:27 PM

At least we have had some truly great ones in the organization.....
Old 01-23-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
At least we have had some truly great ones in the organization.....
Yes you did have 1 I'll give ya that !!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
Yes you did have 1 I'll give ya that !!!!
Well there is only 1 Great One and even he didn't win a cup after he left the team. Messier Kurri Anderson Coffey and Fuhr all world class players
Old 01-23-2011, 05:58 PM

We all agree, as big as morons all the sutters are, somehow they still are 15 pts ahead of the Oil, now that's funny.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Well there is only 1 Great One and even he didn't win a cup after he left the team. Messier Kurri Anderson Coffey and Fuhr all world class players
Flames have had way more 50 goal guys....ie: Mcdonald, Roberts, Niewendyk, Mullen, Loob, Fluery, Iginla, Nilsson 49....Al Mcinnis and Dougie Gilmour weren't half bad either ha!!!! world class guys in my books...and Tim Hunter would out punch Cement Head on most nights...

Last edited by blackpheasant; 01-23-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpheasant View Post
Flames have had way more 50 goal guys....ie: Mcdonald, Roberts, Niewendyk, Mullen, Loob, Fluery, Iginla, Nilsson 49....Al Mcinnis and Dougie Gilmour weren't half bad either ha!!!! world class guys in my books...and Tim Hunter would out punch Cement Head on most nights...
You had 7 players do 50 for a total of nine times the Oil had 5 players for a total of 15 times....hardly "way more"

Youtube Semenko vs Hunter he won "way more" than he lost to big nose

Remember when Brown broke bothe orbital bones and the Grim Reapers nose?? Good times
Old 01-23-2011, 07:00 PM

I'm an outsider looking in on both the Oilers and Flames. I am a Habs fan, so hopefully I am not biassed.

The Oilers are a few players away from being competitive. I think using Hemsky as the cornerstone of the rebuild might be a mistake, only because he is made of glass. How can you Flames fans say Penner is overpaid? He's a 4 million dollar guy getting 5 and 6 million dollar points.

As far as losing players to free agency, I really think that Eberle and Hall will likely stay. That is, of course after they are finished their RFA contracts. These guys are from the praries, so should hate it less. They are young and are relatively closed to family and friends. I wouldn't be surprised to see Burke put in an offer sheet on one of them, when they become RFA though. LOL.

I think that once the Oilers tank this year, they should try to secure some better vets. The vets that they have to mentor the young guns are not good enough.

This team needs a #1 and #3 defenseman. Whitney is a #2 and Gilbert is an overpaid #4. Peckam may become a #3, but defensemen take time to develope. At centre, they are very weak. Horcoff is way overpaid, and really, this team has no centreman that can carry the play. Hemsky fills that role nicely, but you need to get more than 40 games a year out of him.

Flames analysis is not so easy. They are a fringe team with some upside, but very little depth in the farm. Iggy is my favorite player in the league, and the Flames need to keep him. They do need to quit losing trades though. I believe that Tanguay was the best deal made this off season. He was the best player on the Habs 09 team, and the only reason he wasnt resigned was because Gainey saw something in his core that he did not like and let every FA go for nothing. His poor season in Tampa made him a great reclamation project. Buy low and sell high. If they are not close at the trade deadline, I would either try to get him extended early, and if that doesn't work, trade him for a 2nd rounder and a prospect.
Old 01-23-2011, 07:48 PM

Cleson, I would have to agree with your assessment of the Oil. They will, however, continue to overpay and hang there hopes on Horcoff for one simple reason. Horcoff is close to Katz and that is how the Oilers operation works. I would be in favor of a Hemsky and/or Horkoff trade. I doubt they would trade Horkoff or really get anything for him though.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
You had 7 players do 50 for a total of nine times the Oil had 5 players for a total of 15 times....hardly "way more"

Youtube Semenko vs Hunter he won "way more" than he lost to big nose

Remember when Brown broke bothe orbital bones and the Grim Reapers nose?? Good times
I remember...Brown was scarey tough no doubt about it...
Old 01-24-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
We all agree, as big as morons all the sutters are, somehow they still are 15 pts ahead of the Oil, now that's funny.
Well the Shames r Cup contenders are they not?
They are supposed to be there with their "talent" and "veteran" line up.....
At least that's what I thought....or heard!
Old 01-24-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
Cleson, I would have to agree with your assessment of the Oil. They will, however, continue to overpay and hang there hopes on Horcoff for one simple reason. Horcoff is close to Katz and that is how the Oilers operation works. I would be in favor of a Hemsky and/or Horkoff trade. I doubt they would trade Horkoff or really get anything for him though.
Who would want Horcoff for the money he makes?
That's the problem.
He probably has a no trade clause to boot,tho I thought that was a Sutter thing.
I think the sun has set on Hemsky,trade him when he's healthy again.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madatter View Post
I think the sun has set on Hemsky,trade him when he's healthy again.
That's an odd assessment about a 27 year old just named to the all-star game who's producing more points per game than any regular on the team. Only Penner has more points (a grand total of ONE), and he's played 15 more games!

As for Horcoff, he's no superstar, and is probably overpaid, but I think his value has increased since he was named Captain. He seems to take his role in developing the young guys seriously. I've seen more intensity in his on-ice play too, probably because he feels more responsibility.

The Oil still need a LOT more good players to get where they want to go. Defence is terrible. TOM GILBERT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Is it just me, or does this guy have a hard time making decisions. I swear I've seen dozen of times where he could make a play but just holds the puck or even goes backwards. Opposing player then closes on him and suddenly he's behind the Oiler net fighting for the puck when it should have been passed 5 seconds before.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:09 PM

Kanonfodder

Old 01-24-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
The Oil still need a LOT more good players to get where they want to go. Defence is terrible. TOM GILBERT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Is it just me, or does this guy have a hard time making decisions. I swear I've seen dozen of times where he could make a play but just holds the puck or even goes backwards. Opposing player then closes on him and suddenly he's behind the Oiler net fighting for the puck when it should have been passed 5 seconds before.
Oko, it's not just you that is questioning Gilbert's decision making. I was at the Oil/Wild game last week and sat 11 rows behind the Oilers net for 2 periods. In the third period the entire section or two of Oilers fans were screaming at Gilbert to smarten up.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:28 PM

Hemsky can produce.. when he plays
That's the problem.
He has one year left on his contract,wonder if he wants to stay in Edmonton?
Same with Penner....one year left
Old 01-24-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madatter View Post
Hemsky can produce.. when he plays
That's the problem.
He has one year left on his contract,wonder if he wants to stay in Edmonton?
Same with Penner....one year left
I'd part with Penner first. He could be a player like Bertuzzi was at his peak in Vancouver, but I just don't see the fire or drive very often in him. Such a big guy, yet I've never seen him in a fight or even act aggressively (I'm sure he has, just never seen it). I guess it depends what he costs. He is producing some points, has some skills. I just feel he could do so much more and be so much better....

Tags
ducks