Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-30-2010, 08:25 AM
Banned

Default Hoyt carbon matrix

Is anyone out there shooting the carbon matrix, and if so how do you like it.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:38 PM

I would love to shoot a matrix in the same way I'd love to drive a McLaren SLR... there's cheaper cars that you can make do the same thing, but the prestige would be higher.

If I could justify the coin, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I just cant justify it! (Read: I'm poor).
Old 03-30-2010, 03:11 PM

your looking at 1800 dollars for that bad boy. to be honest it looks amazing but if i had the cash to spend on something like that id rather buy the maxxis and dress it up with all high end stuff
Old 03-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Banned

$1800.00 Buck for that ugly thing! I'm sure it's light as heck and you can drive a truck over it but i'm good with my bows. When i start driving over my gear i might look at them. For now i'll leave them for the rich guys to have.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:53 PM

I have seen and tried one. But just a few shots. Not a small bow. Cool looking for sure, but it's not for me! Twice the money of other bows, and in my eyes, not the best bow out there. Sorry, Hoyt, can't justify that kind of coin! Not a big seller, for the cost factor alone. Knock 600 beans off the price of this bow and you'd see it in the hands of a lot of hunters.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dshooter View Post
I have seen and tried one. But just a few shots. Not a small bow. Cool looking for sure, but it's not for me! Twice the money of other bows, and in my eyes, not the best bow out there. Sorry, Hoyt, can't justify that kind of coin! Not a big seller, for the cost factor alone. Knock 600 beans off the price of this bow and you'd see it in the hands of a lot of hunters.
I'm not worried about the price because I don't have any other bad habbits to spend my money on. I have an xforce ss and a maxxis 31 but I would like a longer ata bow that is still light. So besides the price how is the matrix and as for a long ata and light bow, what would be a better choice?
Old 03-31-2010, 07:45 AM

Two fellows I shoot with on a regualr basis
both shoot a Matrix and both of them rant
and rave about it all the time!
But, if I spent 1800 clams on a bow, I'd
rant and rave about it too. Whether I liked
it or not .. . . ; )
Quite light and very smooth of course.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:22 AM
Banned

dunno how just a riser makes big enough diff to spend that

if its just for weight i'd go lighter yet and get the mathews hyperlite for half the price
Old 03-31-2010, 10:55 AM

I think for the price I'd just buy a Hoyt Maxxis 31 or 35 and you'd get a super bow that is light ENOUGH and still a very good value.....
Old 03-31-2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I'm not worried about the price because I don't have any other bad habbits to spend my money on. I have an xforce ss and a maxxis 31 but I would like a longer ata bow that is still light. So besides the price how is the matrix and as for a long ata and light bow, what would be a better choice?
Essentially, it's the Maxxis 35, with a really cool riser. Of the 2, I'd buy the Maxxis first. Both are 35", I believe, same cams, same IBO rating. But, if price is no worry, shoot the Carbon first and you decide. If it was me, I'd..... .........it's your money
Old 04-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Banned

Well I did it. I went out and shot the Matrix. I have a Maxxis 31, and went out and shot the Maxxis 35 along side the Matrix and there definatly was a difference. The first thing I noticed was the weight. The Matrix seemed to be even lighter than the advertised 3.8lbs. I was shooting outdoors and it was a little cool out so the next thing I noticed was how warm the bow felt in my hand compared to the aluminum riser. It was pretty much the same draw cycle as the Maxxis but it had less vibration after the shot. Needless to say, I now have three bows, one is the Maxxis 31 with an HHA DS5519XL with a QAD HD drop away rest that isn't quite 2 months old with a black riser and camo limbs that might be for sale for the right price. If there is anyone out ther thinking about the Carbon Matrix I'd say go shoot one, they are nice. If the price tag doesn't scare you, you won't be disappointed with this bow.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:18 PM

Default too much?

To start I only paid $1190 from Cascade Archery in Christina lake BC. I have had a lot of bows, and shot a lot more. Hands down the Matrix is the nicest, most forgiving compound I have ever shot! The APA Viper 35 is a close second, but only close! I am not brand loyal, so take my word for it. If you want a premium long ATA bow, get a Matrix...

PS.
Sounds like a few of you guys need to do a little shopping for prices...
Old 08-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Banned

check the date on the thread dude. they have dropped a ton. my buddy just paid 900 for a new 2010 model about 3 months ago. he loves it, but a guy he works with wants to buy a new element and trade him. he is hoping it works.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:20 PM

....and for the money, the CRX is only .15 pounds heavier (3.95 vs 3.80 lbs, and 5 fps faster, 323 vs 318, but you do gain 1/4" brace from 7 to 7 1/4" with the Matrix. I'll take the extra speed and weight, at less cost), and exactly the same to shoot, but a good buck cheaper. I love my CRX....... The Element is .35 lighter, and the same IBO, but for the money....CRX. 10% weight savings isn't worth the extra cost to me, and the whole deal about 'warmer' in the hand? Meh.....the grip isolates you from that regardless which bow you chose.

http://www.hoyt.com/compound_bows/

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 08-01-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:51 PM

I agree with twisted Canuck, the CRX is the exact same bow, with an aluminum riser, I couldn't justify the extra 400 for the carbon riser! I do have to say that it is a whole lot lighter! The specs on it seem to under exaggerate the weight of the element! If I had the money I would buy the element, but I would still keep my CRX!
Old 08-01-2011, 08:04 PM

My HCA Speed Pro is lighter than the Carbon Matrix @ 3.5 pounds with all the sound dampners on it....and it IBO's over 350fps....and it is guaranteed to shoot an arrow @ 3.5 gpp....I bought it for a fraction of the cost of a Carbon Matrix likely cause it doesn't look like it came from space I shot a 5 arrow 5 inch group @ 60 yards last time at the range....so I think its good to go!

LC