Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
Yes, hugs and kisses will win the war.

How about we start by finding out who these people associate with and charge them all with aiding terrorism.

The west will not win as long as we try to use peaceful tactics.

If you want peace, prepare for war.
I was saying the same thing all these years! Get the arshole alive and start milking him for the intell- who, where, why and when! Just shooting them dead isn't good enough, dead people don't talk much!
A bit of water boarding will help too. And then go for the roots of the problem, let's find out who REALLY put him up for this - the Internet or local dude in his mosque...
Old 10-01-2017, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSLAKER View Post
"IS flag found in Edmonton" is a poor choice for a thread title. While an IS flag was reported to have been found in the terrorist's car the big story is that there was a terrorist attack in Edmonton.
True but your missing the root cause. While it's a disturbing story this morning, your view is best analyzed with some extra vision.

Please reconsider the fact that they may be " sleeper cells " as operatives already in Edmonton.

Surely you can see that most incidents of this nature worldwide mostly always culminate in others being complicity. Please notice I use the mostly.

Not always but the odds are yes there was help.

The fact there are fundamentalists supporting IS in Edmonton is great cause for concern.

Finally the incident ( very sad ) is a LAGGING indicator.

The fact that there are ISIS flags being honoured or held or whatever is a LEADING indicator.

I am sure if you are in Edmonton you would clearly want to know the Leading indicators for assessment of risk to you and your loved ones in the future.

Hopefully whatever Experts there are ( if any good ones ) will root out this one particular cell.

There may be others.

Only they know.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
I was saying the same thing all these years! Get the arshole alive and start milking him for the intell- who, where, why and when! Just shooting them dead isn't good enough, dead people don't talk much!
A bit of water boarding will help too. And then go for the roots of the problem, let's find out who REALLY put him up for this - the Internet or local dude in his mosque...
Exactly. Root Cause Analysis.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:37 AM
Banned

Haven't you heard? Terrorism is just part of living in a big city.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:41 AM

Where would somebody get an ISIS flag? Do you get one when you join up?
Too bad he wasn't killed in suicide bombing practise.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:49 AM

Let me get this straight. I want to ask the bleeding hearts.. Am i suppose to get use to attacks and just accept that is going to happen?? I am not suppose to live in fear and just put my head in the sand like a good snowflake???

I think a strong stance needs to happen in this country so we don't end up like Europe. I don't want to have to accept a terrorist attack as normal in my country.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Read the Quran...anyone who follows what it actually says is not going to be swayed by your 'love, peace and brotherhood' B.S.
How about the bible which has verses against women, homosexuality and also at times promotes murder and even genocide? 99.9% of Christians turn a blind eye on those passages knowing that they aren't proper teachings and frankly you are an idiot if you don't think there are Muslims that do the same regarding the Quran.

We have over a million Muslims in Canada, most of which go on their own peaceful lives just like the rest of us... You have serious mental issues if you think all these people are just secretly waiting and plotting to kill the rest of us...

The problem with "terrorism" is that it has become a form of racism. The definition of terrorism is the use of violence and intimidation especially against civilians in the pursuit of political gains. When was the last time you heard a KKK member referred to as a terrorist? What about the people that commit mass shootings or school bombings etc, why aren't they called terrorists and why are they simply referred to by the acts they commit? Simple answer is because they are white...

There are only 2 ways to stop this middle eastern terrorism.

a) Genocide which I guess is what some of you are promoting...
b) Accept middle eastern people and muslims into society and deal with the bad apples as they present themselves.

Option b is our only real option but the only way to effectively deal with that situation is to remove the racist negative connotations first otherwise we just keep feeding the fire.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:03 PM

All this fear powered anger, I'm afraid, directly relates to the P.O.S. we call our P.M.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:07 PM

One of my good friends is Sikh. He and others in his religion/community are often accused of being terrorists and are subject to different types of personal attacks etc just because they have brown skin and wear turbans even though they are as tied to terrorism as you or I... I wouldn't even want to know what the good people of middle eastern descent have to put up with.

Lots of Canadians don't have a clue about this stuff and how these actions and words affect these people. That needs to change and is the point I am trying to get across. Simply modifying headlines and refusing to call things terrorism unless they are true acts of terrorism by Isis etc is a huge and very simple step that could be taken to do this.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post

b) Accept middle eastern people and muslims into society and deal with the bad apples as they present themselves.

Option b is our only real option but the only way to effectively deal with that situation is to remove the racist negative connotations first otherwise we just keep feeding the fire.
Or option c.

If you want to come to Canada, the onus should be on a refugee to PROVE they have ZERO links to any sort of extremism or criminality before they touch Canadian soil. If you can't prove that, you don't get in.

The penalties for not reporting suspected extremism should also be as severe as carrying out an actual attack itself.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
How about the bible which has verses against women, homosexuality and also at times promotes murder and even genocide? 99.9% of Christians turn a blind eye on those passages knowing that they aren't proper teachings and frankly you are an idiot if you don't think there are Muslims that do the same regarding the Quran.

We have over a million Muslims in Canada, most of which go on their own peaceful lives just like the rest of us... You have serious mental issues if you think all these people are just secretly waiting and plotting to kill the rest of us...

The problem with "terrorism" is that it has become a form of racism. The definition of terrorism is the use of violence and intimidation especially against civilians in the pursuit of political gains. When was the last time you heard a KKK member referred to as a terrorist? What about the people that commit mass shootings or school bombings etc, why aren't they called terrorists and why are they simply referred to by the acts they commit? Simple answer is because they are white...

You are clearly expressing a whole lot of opinion here as opposed to fact. Which is fine, but be careful they remain distinct from each other.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:26 PM
Banned

Does't help when our useless idiot pm opened the flood gates from that part of the world and started importin em by the thousands.................the fact we paid one 10 million says it all! We as Canadians are terrorist farmers, we import them, enable them, finance them, nourish them, house them, I'm surprised there hasn't been more attacks, but, then again, they probably don't like to poop where they eat!! This country is a terrorist haven and rejects like Turdeau are only makin the problem worse.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:26 PM
Banned

I'd really like to know where a lot of members are getting all this secret information that they are basing their comments on. Leftist media conspiracy?? Driver might have gotten instructions from a mosque?? U-haul had bombs in it ?? A sleeper cell has been activated??
P.M. is to blame??
Kind of like a Tom Clancy novel. Very interesting reading. I look forward to a real information update from EPS at 3:00 PM. You never know, he just might be a real hard core terrorist that was planning on driving his truck into Common Wealth Stadium with a nuclear device. Or maybe he was just a sad sick person who bought into the ISIS ideology which I suppose would still make him a terrorist by some definitions.
It would really be a big letdown for a lot of people if it turns out he is just some poor schumck who had some sort of mental breakdown, or just another run of the mill violent psycho. Lord knows wev'e had enough of them in Edmonton this year.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:31 PM

Quote:
If you want to fight terrorism and events like this then go out and be friendly with our local populations of middle east heritage. Make them feel welcome and make them feel as if Canada is a nice place for them to live. That is how you fight terrorism, not with headlines that induce fear and hate...
Meanwhile terrorist groups use social media and recruiters to get Joe Average to convert to their ideology and carry out an attack as he doesn't fall under your idea of potential terrorist and wasn't on the radar, having no ties to the Middle East except an Internet connection.
Which doesn't mean you shouldn't treat your neighbor nice, but do you really
you think terrorists only come from abroad? That's shortsighted in my opinion and helps their ways of disguising their actions. Just look at how many white converts you have that are the leading recruiters in Europe now (UK or Germany for example).

It's terrorism and should be called that, no matter if someone died or 'only' got injured due to the inability of the attacker to kill high numbers.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:

Really?
Old 10-01-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Imo they shouldn't have reported it as terrorism because it probably isn't.

Most of these domestic terrorism cases by "Isis" are just local loonies that say they are with Isis. Having an Isis flag just means they are crazy idiots, doesn't mean they are true terrorists operating as Isis tells them to act.

Reporting these acts as terrorism spreads fear which is what gives terrorists their power. Best to forget about the flag until a terrorist group claims the act. Then it is just another stabbing instead of a terrorist attack.
I completely agree
Old 10-01-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
I completely agree
You agree that media should report false news?
Old 10-01-2017, 12:56 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Old 10-01-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
One of my good friends is Sikh. He and others in his religion/community are often accused of being terrorists and are subject to different types of personal attacks etc just because they have brown skin and wear turbans even though they are as tied to terrorism as you or I... I wouldn't even want to know what the good people of middle eastern descent have to put up with.
Copied from Wikipedia

June 23, 1985 - Both the 1985 Narita International Airport bombing and the Air India flight 182 explosion are believed to have been carried out by Sikh extremists living in Canada.
Air India flight 182 leaving Montreal, Quebec's Mirabel International Airport is blown up mid-flight to London, England.
an explosion at Tokyo Narita International Airport killed two baggage handlers, and injured four. The bomb was intended for Air India Flight 301, with 177 passengers and crew on board, bound for Bangkok International Airport.
May 26, 1986 - An attempt is made in Vancouver, British Columbia to assassinate Malkiat Singh Sidhu, a cabinet minister in the Indian province of Punjab.
August 28, 1988 - Indo-Canadian Times editor Tara Singh Hayer is shot and partially paralyzed, probably due to his statements connected to the Flight 182 investigation.
November 18, 1998 - Hayer is assassinated.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Media will always put some sort of slant on a big news story.
One thing is clear. The Edmonton Police Service did an outstanding job last night. After that first incident by the stadium, the EPS had checkpoints all over the city looking for him. Who knows what kind of damage he might have been able to do with that u-haul truck if he hadn't been spotted. He had already tried to kill one officer, so capturing him alive instead of shooting him really showed restraint and professionalism. Even the way they handled crowd control when they game ended and people could not get to thier vehicles or busses was well co-ordinated.
Hat's off to the EPS on how this situation was handled.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Media will always put some sort of slant on a big news story.
One thing is clear. The Edmonton Police Service did an outstanding job last night. After that first incident by the stadium, the EPS had checkpoints all over the city looking for him. Who knows what kind of damage he might have been able to do with that u-haul truck if he hadn't been spotted. He had already tried to kill one officer, so capturing him alive instead of shooting him really showed restraint and professionalism. Even the way they handled crowd control when they game ended and people could not get to thier vehicles or busses was well co-ordinated.
Hat's off to the EPS on how this situation was handled.
X100

And where was he headed with that uhaul? What did he intend to load into the uhaul? I doubt this character was acting alone!

BW
Old 10-01-2017, 01:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem338win View Post
And the real reasoning comes out. He's a poorly read bigot that believes because he's liberally aligned his position isnt as racist as yours.

No one here condemned muslims. We condemned terrorists.

And no one should ever accept an entire culture if they willingly harbour bad apples. I am not implying that; you did. I am sure that my muslim friends would be frustrayed with your ignorance. They want ISIL labelled and smashed to oblivion. They want people who harbour and ignore that culture amongst them dealt with.

Your nanny state wouldnt last a utopian minute.

And you need to work on your logic and definitions. Again, WHY people do things matters.

Columbine wasnt terrorism by definition. The KKK arent terrorist by definition. Their reasoning and acts of atrocity are horrible and condemnable. But unless you're suggesting words dont matter and reasons dont matter.....well actually you are. And for very obscure reasons.
Way to many people want to continually dismiss ISIS and pretend it doesn't exist here. They think that constantly sticking their heads where the sun don't shine, singing Kumbaya and group hugs are all you need to do to keep that ISIS scum out of our country.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
I completely agree
Sure because failing to define things, gain and give information on them, attempt to predict and prevent them and generally just shoving my head in the sand is the way to defeat a problem.

A body of men holding themselves accountable to nobody ought not to be trusted by anybody.
-Thomas Paine
Old 10-01-2017, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Ya right!

You must be forgetting who our grand poobah is. After we infringe on his "rights" we get to pay him a cool $10 million for his troubles to fund the next round of plots!!!
Old 10-01-2017, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Ya right!

You must be forgetting who our grand poobah is. After we infringe on his "rights" we get to pay him a cool $10 million for his troubles to fund the next round of plots!!!
You know what they always tell us, "follow the money!" If the investigators do what they say they do I wouldn't be surprised if the trail leads back to Khdar!

BW
Old 10-01-2017, 03:16 PM

Only thing I fear is running out of ammo
Old 10-01-2017, 03:24 PM

Thirty-year-old Abdulahi Sharif of Edmonton is the man being held in connection with Saturday night’s vehicle attacks in Alberta’s capital, multiple sources told Global News. s

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 10-01-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBPd5vw7hU0

We love our Somalis.

Last edited by chasingtail; 10-01-2017 at 03:48 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:34 PM

These reports/headlines and fear mongering is what fuels this type of terrorism.

Hence why I believe it shouldn't be reported as terrorism. It should be reported as the crimes that are committed, we need to take the aspect of race and discrimination out of this reporting.[/QUOTE]

ISLAM IS NOT A RACE IT IS A RELIGION!!!!!!

All it takes is for one man to misinterpret something and he can start a war that lasts for decades.
Anonymous
Old 10-01-2017, 03:37 PM

Default Attack

Confirmed suspect as a Muslim refugee
Closed Thread