Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-04-2012, 08:47 PM

Default Not enough ajustment on the scope!?!

Trying to sight my .22 mag in and I turned the dial all the way to the right untill it stops turning and I need 12 inches more at only 50 yards!! Brand new scope! I checked the rings and made sure everything was tight! Even tried switching the rings front to back n flip them around with same results! Run out of options that I can thing of! Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Old 07-04-2012, 08:55 PM

Need a bit more info. What is the mounts being used, on what gun, and is the reciever grooved for the mounts or do you have attached bases and then rings?
Old 07-04-2012, 08:56 PM

If you have a bore sighter verify that the adjustments are working on the scope.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:47 PM

Went to see if the ajustments where working and found that when it should be going left it goes right and goes left when it should be going right! Can't figure out why because it tells you which way to turn unless the sticker on the dials wrong! Still confused but hitting what I'm aiming at now!
Thanks
Old 07-04-2012, 09:57 PM

My vote is that the scope is mounted 90 degrees out of rotation? The windage (right/left) dial should be on the right side of the rifle.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APA View Post
Went to see if the ajustments where working and found that when it should be going left it goes right and goes left when it should be going right! Can't figure out why because it tells you which way to turn unless the sticker on the dials wrong! Still confused but hitting what I'm aiming at now!
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. View Post
My vote is that the scope is mounted 90 degrees out of rotation? The windage (right/left) dial should be on the right side of the rifle.
Think it through. Are they talking movement of crosshair or point of impact? I believe they are inversely related. If you move a crosshair physically to the right, your POI is on the left of the new setting.

Check the language of the instructions and actual movement.

Could be Wile E is right also.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
That will cause confusion, but it won't make the point of impact go left when the adjuster is turned in the direction that is marked right on the adjuster.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:17 PM

I have sight in a few scope and those worked good for me just this ones got me wondering!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Banned

what kind of rings?