Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-26-2014, 07:37 PM

This sight worked awesome for my M7 at 276 fps. I was really surprised. My friend who shoots a PSE (not sure which model) about 18 fps faster, due to a lighter arrow and a few pounds heavier draw, is also very happy with the react sight. His pins are noticeably closer together, due to his flatter trajectory.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:25 PM

I have never tried this site, but I am assuming that it would work along a similar principle to my single pin HHA.

Site in 2 points and the rest should average out?

The thing is, even the HHA gives you about 50 different site tapes because they know that no 2 bows are ever going to be the same, nor 2 archers, arrows etc., so they give you a wide variety of "averages" to choose from.

The thing I don't know about the site in question, is which 2 pins do you use to get that average.

With the HHA single pin it recommends using 20 and 60 yard for "best" averages, but 20/40 will be "close".

With the React do you use top and bottom, and it adjusts the middle 1 or 3 pins? Or just set any 2 and hope for the best?

I guess the long and short of it is whenever you use something that works on "averages", you have to accept that the results are going to be "average" as well.

I can't complain about my HHA at all, but I will not deny a fixed pin that has been zeroed manually for each different range has always tended to be more reliable.