Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 07:32 AM
Banned

Default IS flag found in Edmonton

IS flag found after ‘terrorist’ rampage in Canada: 1 officer, 4 civilians injured
https://www.rt.com/news/405221-edmon...rroism-attack/

This has got to be false news. It is not on CBC yet. No CTV either. Please tell me it's not true.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:33 AM

Global news is reporting an Isis flag was found in the Chevrolet Malibu involved in the attack.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:34 AM
Banned

Default CTV indeed

Very Sad Day.

I see CTV has it.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/officer...nton-1.3614259
Old 10-01-2017, 07:46 AM
Banned

Default Terrorist Dormant Cells

Looks like the dormant cell had been called to action.

I cannot see this as a lone wolf.

Problem is Canada is like a large mesh sieve. Too many slip through if only 17 percent of newcomers are interviewed.

Secondly I have been in cities in Iraq where the tightest security was in place and they Interview relatives and we still had cells which lay dormant for quite a while.

That darn Al Shabab from the eastern Horn of Africa is pretty mean.

I can see 107 ave becoming a NO GO zone. Just like Sweden.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:49 AM

Trudeau will likely be trying to keep the media from referring to this as a terrorist attack. He will probably also not be happy that the isis flag is being mentioned by the media.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:57 AM

Imo they shouldn't have reported it as terrorism because it probably isn't.

Most of these domestic terrorism cases by "Isis" are just local loonies that say they are with Isis. Having an Isis flag just means they are crazy idiots, doesn't mean they are true terrorists operating as Isis tells them to act.

Reporting these acts as terrorism spreads fear which is what gives terrorists their power. Best to forget about the flag until a terrorist group claims the act. Then it is just another stabbing instead of a terrorist attack.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post

Most of these domestic terrorism cases by "Isis" are just local loonies that say they are with Isis. Having an Isis flag just means they are crazy idiots, doesn't mean they are true terrorists operating as Isis tells them to act.

Reporting these acts as terrorism spreads fear which is what gives terrorists their power. Best to forget about the flag until a terrorist group claims the act. Then it is just another stabbing instead of a terrorist attack.
Whether or not the perpetrator had actually been a 'member' of ISIS this incident is most assuredly terrorism. Is your suggestion to not call terrorism by its name and somehow the incidents where these maniacs kill and maim innocent people are rendered impotent?? That's ludicrous and quite frankly utterly stupid to even suggest, it sure doesn't take away the officers stab wounds or hit-by-a-car blunt force trauma injuries. The group is easier to be accepted into than being 'a Pepper' by drinking a can of soda; in fact they're especially welcoming of those who are suicidally insane. Where does one get an ISIS flag anyways? I'm only guessing here but they're probably not on the shelf at the dollar store. The group is so fractured that any loose affiliation qualifies for membership.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 10-01-2017 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:

So does a person have to belong to a terrorist organization to commit an act of terrorism? Or is it an act of terrorism if a want to be isis member commits an act without the blessing of isis?
Old 10-01-2017, 08:12 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

Wow!!....
Old 10-01-2017, 08:13 AM
Banned

Quote:

Old 10-01-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:

Old 10-01-2017, 08:33 AM
Banned

Quote:

That's the biggest problem. NOT calling a spade a spade.
Why do you think Trump was elected ?

Holding hands and singing will not solve it.
The rice is cooked. Most likely extremely difficult now to root out the cells. They are gonna need someone like Mohamed
Mediene or " Toufik " who knows the tricks and how they think but the France National security has him busy in Europe. He fought them for 30 years and won.

Canada does not have the Experts. Nor did Canada prepare for this.

Last edited by Mangosteen; 10-01-2017 at 08:39 AM.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:39 AM

Terrorists are like rats. Where there is one there is more. Or somebody spreading the hate.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:46 AM

The only logical thing to do here is give the attacker 10 million dollars and an apology.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So does a person have to belong to a terrorist organization to commit an act of terrorism? Or is it an act of terrorism if a want to be isis member commits an act without the blessing of isis?
This time I have to agree with elk. Isis might never have heard of this nutjob, but since he had a black flag (probably home made), now it's terrorism instead of some random act of violence.
After a proper investigation I'm sure authorities will determine if this madman was part of some kind of terrorist group, or just a wannabe. Maybe his dog told him to go on a rampage.
Nowadays every act of violence has to be investigated to see if there could be some tie to terrorism. It also seems that people are very quick to cry "terrorist" every time something bad happens.
I suppose you could say that every act of violence is an act of terror, but not all acts of terror are being orchestrated by an organized terrorist group.
I was in the commonwealth area picking up people from the game. I had heard about an "incident" and saw the huge police presence, roadblocks, and checkstops. I hope the officer and the pedistrians recover from thier injuries.
It was a beautifull fall evening, and about the only other thing that went right for Edm last night was the fighter jet flybys. That was something to see and hear.

It's all good in the hood.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:50 AM

RavYak: if a person who is either Chinese, Black, or wearing a yarmulke is unprovokedly attacked and beaten by a white person who is wearing KKK robes and the pointy hood, is that not an act of racism to you either? After all, maybe they weren't really members ......

When a person deludes themself with their own smoke and mirrors it's high time for a personal epiphany.
Old 10-01-2017, 08:50 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmremmag View Post
The only logical thing to do here is give the attacker 10 million dollars and an apology.
Wanted dead or alive...preferably dead...put a bounty on his head.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-01-2017, 08:51 AM

terrorist
A person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 10-01-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
This time I have to agree with elk. Isis might never have heard of this nutjob, but since he had a black flag (probably home made), now it's terrorism instead of some random act of violence.
After a proper investigation I'm sure authorities will determine if this madman was part of some kind of terrorist group, or just a wannabe. Maybe his dog told him to go on a rampage.
Nowadays every act of violence has to be investigated to see if there could be some tie to terrorism. It also seems that people are very quick to cry "terrorist" every time something bad happens.
I suppose you could say that every act of violence is an act of terror, but not all acts of terror are being orchestrated by an organized terrorist group.
I was in the commonwealth area picking up people from the game. I had heard about an "incident" and saw the huge police presence, roadblocks, and checkstops. I hope the officer and the pedistrians recover from thier injuries.

It's all good in the hood.
He will be a wanna be. Just ask turdo and cbc. Nothing to see here.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 10-01-2017, 09:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
RavYak: if a person who is either Chinese, Black, or wearing a yarmulke is unprovokedly attacked and beaten by a white person who is wearing KKK robes and the pointy hood, is that not an act of racism to you either? After all, maybe they weren't really members ......

When a person deludes themself with their own smoke and mirrors it's high time for a personal epiphany.
I think your being to hard on Rav. What you describe is certainly racist and violent, but is it an act of organised terrorism? Is a brutal carjacking terrorism? If you steal a car are you a terrorist?
Seems like a lot of people and the media are very quick to label every crime commited a possible act of terrorism.
Who knows, maybe this guy is part of an organised terrorist group, but he could just as easily been some weak willed loser who lost his job because of the minumum wage increase, and went berserk. Time will tell
Maybe he was a diehard Eskie fan who got depressed in the 4th qtr and wanted to commit sucide by cop. Was he wearing an Esks t-shirt or ballcap? lol

Last edited by waterninja; 10-01-2017 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:09 AM

What I am saying is that to me this doesn't seem like an act carried out by undercover terrorists that are professionally trained. It seems more like local idiots with an Isis flag creating trouble.

Still related to terrorism but I highly doubt it was a planned Isis attack.

If it was an actual Isis terrorist attack we almost certainly would have been reading about far more then a high speed pursuit and a failed stabbing...
Old 10-01-2017, 09:13 AM
Banned

I see the knee jerk pants wetting brigade is in full force.

Rav hit the nail on the head.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:45 AM
Banned

This isn't terrorism either?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/458792...atest-updates/

Quote:
A KNIFEMAN has been gunned down by security services at Saint Charles train station in Marseille - after stabbing two a woman to death and slitting another's throat.

One woman was stabbed in the stomach during the horrific onslaught, as the attacker shouted "Allahu Akbar", Arabic for God is great, according to a police source.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:48 AM

Trudeau has already jumped up and called it a terrorist act....and he is appalled
Old 10-01-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
That depends on definitions of the two which I could care less about. What I believe is important is in differentiating between the two as there is a very big difference imo.

Terrorism is the new headline for gimme views and the news loves to use it at the first moment possible... Reporting all these attacks as terrorism only empowers these groups and individuals by creating fear and hate. These news reports are what helps these groups recruit individuals and have other individuals commit acts on their behalf so yes I do believe headlines as such should be avoided unless it is absolutely clear what has happened.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:49 AM

What really bothers me is the video of the cop getting ran over and stabbed, While 3 or 4 people stand there no more then 10 feet away watching it happen and do nothing to help.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
What I am saying is that to me this doesn't seem like an act carried out by undercover terrorists that are professionally trained. It seems more like local idiots with an Isis flag creating trouble.

If it was an actual Isis terrorist attack we almost certainly would have been reading about far more then a high speed pursuit and a failed stabbing...

It is terrorism. Period. Even our apologetic PM said it was.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:52 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=CaberToss Where does one get an ISIS flag anyways?

I think you can buy ISIS flag replica toilet paper online.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:55 AM

I see the revisionist commenters are out in full force. Its already been called a terrorist act by the police, CSIS and even PM Trudeau yet still they drone on......

I'll double down on noting that some people really need their epiphanies sooner than later.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada...gLE&ocid=ientp
Old 10-01-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:

Professionly trained? Takes alot of crazy training to ram people with vehicles. They are cowards
Closed Thread