Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-08-2023, 03:51 PM

Default Tract Optics

I am looking for a new scope...
I want to put it on an 30-06 so 500 yds is as far as I am ever going to shoot.
Looked for something in the 4-16 range with a simple BDC reticle(rather than an elevation turret) - I find a lot of reticles get way to busy once you get past a basic plex.
Fell upon the Tract site - many reviews on the net, almost all of them extremely positive.
Anyone here have any first hand experience - how do they compare with ??? Customer service and warranty??? Some comments about size of the eyepiece and bolt clearance?
Thx
Old 11-08-2023, 05:40 PM

Running a 2.5-15x44 on my 6mm creedmoor. It’s clear as my Zeiss,if not clearer. turrets are precise and more audible than Zeiss. Go second plane on reticle, I went first plane and low power is almost unusable (reticle is so small and fine it’s hard to pick up).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2023, 06:36 PM

I have a 4-20x50 w/PRS reticle, as said above, the FFP reticles are pretty small at low mag, for your purposes the SFP version of the 3-15 would be better suited to the purpose you want it for. Haven't needed to deal with warranty, cust service is very good, they respond in the evenings, on weekends, just send them an e-mail. It is the owners responding, they know their stuff, including dealing with sales in Canada.
Glass is good stuff on my scope, turrets are very good, no beefs at all, and I bought it sight unseen, just going by the reviews. Already had a Delta 4.5-30x56, happy with that, well made scope, very good glass too, made by same company, in Japan, wanted to try one with German glass, it intrigued me, was not disappointed, worth the effort to get it.
Old 11-09-2023, 09:12 AM

I've never ran one but I shoot prs and long range competitions with guys who have them. They seem very reliable and robust. The remind of an Athlon cronus or Apex rival level scope.

For hunting and odd long range style shooting. You could also look at the Athlon line up. Had a couple helos btr gen 2 and a cronus gen 2 for a while. They tracked very true and reliably. Great price points and good reticle selection.