Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-12-2009, 11:37 AM

sorry should have put 291fps 426gr @ 73lbs and these speeds have been checked on 3 different chronos. I have spent a fair bit of time getting the last 6 or 7 fps out of each bow, just to see what they were capable of at that draw length.
Brent
Old 12-12-2009, 11:56 AM

for my hunting set up at 71 pounds and 386 gr arrow 27.5 inch draw length I am getting 296fps. Thats out of a (suphan) which is basically the viper just the older version of it.

My target bow fully maxed out at 72 pounds and at 5 gr per inch was getting 328 fps , which is super fast !

They are definately a great bow and very forgiving , I guess it all depends on who you talk too!! Everyone has different opinions .

mamba,
Old 12-12-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba View Post
for my hunting set up at 71 pounds and 386 gr arrow 27.5 inch draw length I am getting 296fps. Thats out of a (suphan) which is basically the viper just the older version of it.

My target bow fully maxed out at 72 pounds and at 5 gr per inch was getting 328 fps , which is super fast !

They are definately a great bow and very forgiving , I guess it all depends on who you talk too!! Everyone has different opinions .

mamba,
Jeff

The viper and suphan are not basically the same bow. The viper is a completely new designed riser and is shorter by 3 inches. you are thinking of the boa which is no longer available as of 2010. the Boa is faster than the suphan with a shorter brace height.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav View Post
Jeff

The viper and suphan are not basically the same bow. The viper is a completely new designed riser and is shorter by 3 inches. you are thinking of the boa which is no longer available as of 2010. the Boa is faster than the suphan with a shorter brace height.
sorry trav ,

just got them mixed up . thanks for clarifying that up !!
Old 12-14-2009, 12:07 AM

Wow , thanks for the excellent feedback.
Since they at made in Saskatchewan then one would assume that service would be great and replacement parts would be available too. I know one guy who had to miss a season due to lack of replacement limbs that were on warranty (he cracked on in April) and couldn't afford a replacement bow.

Thanks
Phil
Old 12-21-2009, 09:32 PM

Default Apa

i like the apa king cora i am beying a new bow and i have looked into it every one said they r a more agresive bow. but i want a faster more agresive bow for my low draw wait
Old 12-24-2009, 11:20 PM

I do some work for a TV show who is sponsored by APA, they gave me the Viper. I'm not a bow expert by any means but I can hit a beer can at 70 yards 3 out of 5 times, and those funny arrow rests they sell, well mine hits my fletching everytime, the arrow is still deadly accurate. I get 275 fps with 70lbs and a 29 inch draw. I like the bow fun to shot, I'm confident with it to 90 yards. But I did notice the strings they come with dont last very long. Do your homework and shot as many bows as you can before you spend all that money on one.Good Luck.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:21 PM

Default X2

Just bought a Mamba X2, first time to the range yesterday and I am sold, very smooth, fast and quiet bow. After I got it all set up was putting the arrows into the bull consistently. I really like the ultimate safari rest no moving parts to wear out and absolutely no extra contact with the arrows. The fact that it is Canadian made as well has me sold on their product.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:46 AM

I have a friend that's looking for a new bow and would like to test drive the viper. Is there a place close to Calgary that carries them? C.A.C. Doesn't have them is stock.
Thanks