Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-16-2010, 02:12 PM

Default Carburn report

I was there last night and was the only person fishing. Well, I got my wife to fish for half an hour as well. We tried the north pond for pike but didn't get a bite. I tried for a couple of hours and then had a few casts in the middle pond. They don't seem very aggressive or hungry right now, although it was only for a couple of hours.

Someone made a rock bridge on the south entry to the river so the pike don't go back and forth anymore.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:00 PM

i was there yesterday with my buddy arround 11am and fish for couple of hours but like you said no single bite.so we move to the bow.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:16 PM

Default carburn

i went there last week on sat and i didn't catch a darn thing i was using a lot of different bait and lures not one nibble or bite. i only fished in the large pond and didn't think to fish the other one. first time fishing there so i don't know if there was a winter kill or what plus im a newbie at fishing for pike im a trout man my self any suggestions for on what bait and lures i should use. i use both fly rod and casting reel.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremytym View Post
i went there last week on sat and i didn't catch a darn thing i was using a lot of different bait and lures not one nibble or bite. i only fished in the large pond and didn't think to fish the other one. first time fishing there so i don't know if there was a winter kill or what plus im a newbie at fishing for pike im a trout man my self any suggestions for on what bait and lures i should use. i use both fly rod and casting reel.
i 'm just fish them for couple seasons now,bait fish (where permitted)such minows or smelt work just fine if you dropshoting,spoons (silver with red diamond pattern) and spinner bait (yellow,white and green). these application i used when i'm in open water. i 'm sure anyone else will be able to add more on this subject.

Tags
carburn