Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-10-2011, 11:54 AM

Default PCR Update

I was there on Saturday from 10:30-2:00. We were by the middle of the bridge about 300ft south of it on 12 inches of ice. We weren't getting anything or seeing anything so we drilled some more test holes west of us. A burbot was munching on the camera in one of them but it wouldn't take my tip up. We were too lazy to move since it was so windy so we just hung out there. We saw 5 eyes on the camera and then my buddy's friend caught a burbot just before I left. That one also chomped on the camera and then took his jig with a minnow, he got off at the ice and then he put some more bait on and put it down and bang, got him again and this time out of the water.

That was the first time I have ever been skunked there. I was there at the worst time of day for fishing but it was still fun. By the time I left there were four or five other groups there braving the conditions.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADIDAFish View Post
I was there on Saturday from 10:30-2:00. We were by the middle of the bridge about 300ft south of it on 12 inches of ice. We weren't getting anything or seeing anything so we drilled some more test holes west of us. A burbot was munching on the camera in one of them but it wouldn't take my tip up. We were too lazy to move since it was so windy so we just hung out there. We saw 5 eyes on the camera and then my buddy's friend caught a burbot just before I left. That one also chomped on the camera and then took his jig with a minnow, he got off at the ice and then he put some more bait on and put it down and bang, got him again and this time out of the water.

That was the first time I have ever been skunked there. I was there at the worst time of day for fishing but it was still fun. By the time I left there were four or five other groups there braving the conditions.
The wind was absolutely nuts on Saturday. I was in a tent when the wind got underneath the sled and lifted me up...pivoted me on my feet before setting back down.

I will not fish again in wind like that.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:18 PM

Yup, was out Saturday as well. Had to use the truck (as I'm sure many did) as a wind break. Was fishing close to the boat launch. Caught a few eye's, but only saw a few burbs on the camera. No takers. Never saw any pike either.

Slow day for PCR. The drive back to city limits took hour and 45 mins in that weather to boot.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:21 PM

Yeah, the drive back was nuts! Especially before Nanton. I passed a big truck going 10 km/hr while I was going 20 km/hr in one section.