Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-04-2011, 03:38 PM

Busted, except for little beaver is my wife. I actually only hunt big game with a compound and do so for meat first horns second. And was only teasing my long time hunting partner Stinkhammer and trying out this forum. Keep er cool boys.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:59 PM

Holly pistols is just extremely jealous of me because he keeps missing deer with his stick bow. He has long bow envey!
Old 03-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Banned

i actually went the other way on this.....started with a recurve and then took up the compound. even tried a crossbow for a season, but wasnt real excited by it. ill stick with a compound when i choose to bowhunt.

Last edited by ishootbambi; 03-04-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Pistols View Post
Busted, except for little beaver is my wife. I actually only hunt big game with a compound and do so for meat first horns second. And was only teasing my long time hunting partner Stinkhammer and trying out this forum. Keep er cool boys.
The gong show thickens, pretty sure your just plain busted. Please go back to doing whatever it was you used to do before you started doing whatever the hell it is your trying to do now.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:04 PM

Doing whatever you do before you do do before you did what you do did . what the hell are you talking about not a dedicated hunter?
Old 03-15-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Doing whatever you do before you do do before you did what you do did . what the hell are you talking about not a dedicated hunter?
Man o man, your little lady sure has some "pulling power". Must be an east-German Olympian or something.

Does she pull right-handed?
Old 03-15-2011, 09:35 PM

she's ambidextrous, no big deal.
But enough about that let's talk more about hunting.
When field dressing a deer normally I start in the back and work my way forward, Im told some do the opposite, any advise?
Old 03-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Banned

Dude you have issues. I dont think your even a regular troll. You sit there thumbing through an issue of Big Buck picking out bits and pieces trying to sound like an actual hunter rather than go around making rude comments to pi$$ people off like most trolls. My assesment of you is that you are either an Anti or just a realy, realy sad person who gets some sort of enjoyment out of trying to become someone else on the internet to escape an especily depressing reality. Well... I hope it helps.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Banned

Just looking at some old threads and I noticed that your posts bear an uncanny resemblance to those made by a charecter who went by the name of Fish44 a year or so back. He pretended to be a kid to excuse his constant BS but it was obvious that he was neither an outdoorsman or a child, he was not here to share information about fishing and hunting but was instead merely trying to create an alter-ego that was somthing that he himself was not. Maby your Fish44 and maby your not... and maby you should go buy skateboarding magazine and find a new forum to play your little game since it aint working here.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
When field dressing a deer normally I start in the back and work my way forward, Im told some do the opposite, any advise?
when I field dress a deer, I usually start with Tights, then a sports bra, Then a Onesy top.... and if all fits good, I put the Tutu on her!

but that is in the field and I"m usually in a hurry!

How do you dress them when you have lots of time at home, and no one is watching?
Old 03-16-2011, 06:38 AM

that's too funny man.good to see someone with a sense of humor .
Old 03-18-2011, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
Just looking at some old threads and I noticed that your posts bear an uncanny resemblance to those made by a charecter who went by the name of Fish44 a year or so back. He pretended to be a kid to excuse his constant BS but it was obvious that he was neither an outdoorsman or a child, he was not here to share information about fishing and hunting but was instead merely trying to create an alter-ego that was somthing that he himself was not. Maby your Fish44 and maby your not... and maby you should go buy skateboarding magazine and find a new forum to play your little game since it aint working here.
Cal, Holly pistols is not some kid. In fact he is a very hard core bow hunter with a sense of humor. He has taken several elk, moose, bear and deer with bow including a 190'' non typical whitetail. He just dosnt take him self a seriosly as some of the other super stars on the form but has probably had as many sucess stories. Cut him some slac, between the jokes i am sure there will be some good points made.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petew View Post
Since I switched from the wheels to a stick I have not looked back.I only shoot longbows and recurves now, and am taking a strong interest in primitive bows too.
Pete
Primitive bows are so cool. Brings you back to HUNTING.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Bear View Post
7 yards, Frontal shot as he was charging, exited just above the scrodum, Will not be on Outdoor Quest. Rich and TJ said a frontal shot with archery equipment is unethical and can't be shown on TV. Next time I am sneaking in for a broadside high shoulder shot so we get that bang flop effect.
sounds like you got lucky.... tracking a wounded squirrel can be a challenge. Even for a seasoned PH!

Add to that, he was Charging? probably pumped up on adrenaline, or rabid. Either way, he was coming for ya!

many a hunter has been trampled to death by one....

up here they are know to the locals as "Red Death" for obvious reason!