Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you support the introduction of a bass fishery to Alberta.
Yes 201 52.34%
No 183 47.66%
Voters: 384. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
No you did not miss the sarcasm there was none.and thank you for calling my statement stupid it show me just where your mind set is.What you did miss was where it was discussed a couple time and facts did come out.With out your help. it's good to hear you have a job a family and a life i'm sure 1 or 2 others on this site do to..... What truly amazes me is you had no time or just did not want to be bothered to read the post but you found the time to do the research to try and make a member look like a jerk....Thank you for making this a member friendly site .......
Not my intention at all. You seem to be doing a pretty good job of doing that all on your own. I was simply attempting to keep things "factual" in the argument that is occurring on this thread. Flippant remarks have a tendency to repeated as fact by those with a poor understanding of the complexity of wildlife issues.

FWIW, I was responding to your statement that:

"Originally Posted by horsetrader
90% of the species in alberta are NON-NATIVE the [sic] alberta..."

You did not say "to the waters they are found in, within AB", you said they are NON-NATIVE to Alberta. Braun was kind enough to explain what you meant (possibly) in his brief post. You are choosing to be defensive and sarcastic - not very family friendly, if you ask me.

FYI, the "research" took less time then it took to type my post. Try:

The Fishes of Alberta by Joseph S. Nelson and Martin J. Paetz. The University of Alberta Press. ISBN 0-88864-236-9

The information is on page one of the Introduction.

Happy trolling, I mean fishing.