Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-14-2011, 09:25 AM

Talking Human rights Complaint

Lizzie does have a way with words, but I don't think Wannabee Gunslingers is a recognized minority yet.

http://www.mountainviewgazette.ca/ar...officials-need

Grizz
Old 05-14-2011, 07:00 PM
Banned

Default I like it...

There's something poetic about using lib institutions to hoist them on their own petard.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:00 PM

Default Go for it

Monty Meikle .... go for it. It is about time someone stuck up for our side.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:38 PM

Default done

still get a kick out of shuting down an outdoors sport hey grizz you will have trouble getting an angry response from a true outdoorsmen . i truely feel sorry for you , it must be hard being the only anti-gun guy on a gun lovers forum , good luck with the campaign, ps this may not be the best spot to try and drum up votes, just a thought . anyway this topic is getting old!
Old 05-15-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
still get a kick out of shuting down an outdoors sport hey grizz you will have trouble getting an angry response from a true outdoorsmen . i truely feel sorry for you , it must be hard being the only anti-gun guy on a gun lovers forum , good luck with the campaign, ps this may not be the best spot to try and drum up votes, just a thought . anyway this topic is getting old!
He does seem to enjoy seeing a gun range getting closed down. I just don't understand how any forum member can enjoy that.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:10 PM

Default Gun club

Maybe it's not all about the nosie.
As there is a operating gravel pit next door.
We all know how quite they are.
Possibly the land may be the issue.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:34 PM

Awesome Monty, go for the gusto!
Old 05-17-2011, 03:50 PM

Default Ha HA

Liz Negro Pontes
good Alberta name
Old 05-17-2011, 03:56 PM

what in your opinion constitutes a "good Alberta name"?

Last edited by Okotokian; 05-17-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:52 PM

Thumbs up Olds Shooting Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
x 2 !!

Mr Conservation
Old 05-18-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
triple shot it!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
He does seem to enjoy seeing a gun range getting closed down. I just don't understand how any forum member can enjoy that.
I guess I derive a certain amount of Schadenfreude from it, because it was total stupidity and a failure to heed the signs what was about to happen. These guys screwed up, what was for us locals a good deal. Closure of the range was not done by the County, but by the club. Surprised the **** out of the Reeve, when they did it. As for a Human Rights complaint? Give me a Break. You're right, this is getting old.

Grizz
Old 05-19-2011, 07:32 AM

Default the point

grizz the only point im trying to make is posts that make fun or mock the closing of the range are in bad taste, do you hear anyone making fun or mocking your recent loss at the polls , hell the only thing in politics you seem to be good at is losing hurts dont it. please just give it a rest with the mocking and start talking about the things this forum was made for

Last edited by 1badman; 05-19-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badman View Post
grizz the only point im trying to make is posts that make fun or mock the closing of the range are in bad taste, do you hear anyone making fun or mocking your recent loss at the polls , hell the only thing in politics you seem to be good at is losing hurts dont it. please just give it a rest with the mocking and start talking about the things this forum was made for
You know, I've been pounding away on this key board, for as long as I can remember and I feel like the prophet in the Wilderness. There was only one way this think could end, it was just a matter of time, Unless the Marksmen were willing to make some concessions. Didn't happen. Anybody here offer a conciliatory thought, ? just my way or the highway and that's what happened. The door still isn't closed, but I very much doubt the executive of the MVCM will step through it. Sarcastic? That's about all the actions of the MCVM deserve. Better than Anger. If I was a member, I'd be very unhappy about where they have taken the club and the unfulfillable promises they have made. Fire the bastards and get some people willing to compromise. That's your only hope of shooting there again. You can bet your bottom dollar that other shooting clubs in the province are following the situation closely and will make sure they retain control of their clubs.

NIMBISM? The common cry, from those who want things to carry on, as they were. Sure, a couple of new residences around there, but most of the complainants have lived there since before the range opened and were willing to put up with it, till it got out of hand

My loss at the polls? Hey, I got less votes than a senile old man, who got almost as many as Paddy. If I hadn't run, he might have beat him.

Grizz

Last edited by Grizzly Adams; 05-19-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:52 AM

With all these ranges suffering from noise pollution these days, it sure would be nice for silencers/suppressor to become legal to the public. In Europe isn't it mandatory to have one? This would solve some big problems in the county's where people are complaining about all the noise in my opinion. The only bad thing about it is that you would have to shell out some dollars for barrel threading and the suppressor,which could be a little pricy.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:34 PM

Default noise

if it was a noise related wouldnt all the gun clubs in the mvmd would have been included in the so call by-law, this is about a few people who have there knickers in a knot because they feel they lost control of the gun club to the evil calgary people, i go out in the week days and have NEVER seen more than 5-6 people there ever, the weekends at any and all gun clubs would be busier, the mvma have done sound tests the noise at the nearest house is no louder than someone talking, the gravel trucks make more noise , the test HAVE been done to prove this. at the end of the day this still has to go though Mr. knight he is a smart,understanding man who has comon sense, i wonder how can one pass a by-law for just one 1/4 sec of the whole md . seems to me there may be other reasons for a for closing the range. by the way the pres of a gun club is voted in, so clearly the better part of the members thought he would do a good job. the swat meets are not every weekend so as every other range the weekends are busier as most people work the week days and look to relax doing the things they love. a week ago i went to that trap shooting place with a buddy and we both shot 100 clays each i have never fired that many shots at the range, i dont know about all shotguns but mine is a bit loud, theres houses all over there and thats not a problem. it must be that are range and guns are far louder or is it that the shotgun range is locally owned. go a head with your by-law grizz just remember Mr. Knight is not the fool you seem to think he is. a by-law is for a district not a 1/4 sec of a district. again these are my thoughts
Old 05-19-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
a week ago i went to that trap shooting place with a buddy and we both shot 100 clays each i have never fired that many shoots at the range,
II shoot 100 or more targets every Sunday that I am at our local skeet range, and I could shoot more if I wanted to most times. I feel sorry for people that would like to join a good range, but don't have any in the area. I am glad to pay my $200 per year to have access to one of the best ranges in Alberta, if not Western Canada, and not have to deal with the crowds that are present at many ranges. Thankfully, there is no housing development near our range, so we aren't likely going to have to deal with this kind of issue, anytime soon. Likely my only regret when I retire in a few years, will be that I likely won't be able to find as a good a range near my retirement home, when I finalize that location.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
II shoot 100 or more targets every Sunday that I am at our local skeet range, and I could shoot more if I wanted to most times. I feel sorry for people that would like to join a good range, but don't have any in the area. I am glad to pay my $200 per year to have access to one of the best ranges in Alberta, if not Western Canada, and not have to deal with the crowds that are present at many ranges. Thankfully, there is no housing development near our range, so we aren't likely going to have to deal with this kind of issue, anytime soon. Likely my only regret when I retire in a few years, will be that I likely won't be able to find as a good a range near my retirement home, when I finalize that location.
We would gladly pay as well but we can't even get on the waiting list for the ranges around Calgary. Was gonna join the olds club but wanted to wait till this closure stuff went through before spending the money for nothing.We shoot at the public range or on crown land . One day we will belong to a proper range....hopefully sooner than later.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
We would gladly pay as well but we can't even get on the waiting list for the ranges around Calgary. Was gonna join the olds club but wanted to wait till this closure stuff went through before spending the money for nothing.We shoot at the public range or on crown land . One day we will belong to a proper range....hopefully sooner than later.
And yet we have people up here that won't join our club, because they simply won't spend the $200 to be a member, even though we have no limit as to the number of memberships. Many of them spend more than that driving around looking for places to shoot on crown land.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:14 PM

Rockyview county has introduced so more bylaws as well, some of these include firearms regulations and not being allowed to shoot a bow and arrow on your 12 acre plot...absolutely retarded! This kind of stuff is happening all over the place,I think its because the city folk move out to an acreage but then they try to bring the city with them. They want country livin and city livin at the same time, so when a neighbour is doin something they don't like they don't go over and discuss it instead they call up the county and a new bylaw is passed for the whole county! Retarded! We have to stick together and fight this crap or our sport is dead!

My point is that this stuff is not just happening in olds its every where.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:07 PM

I'm a firm believer of "If it was there when you moved there, live with it". Can't stand when people buy a house near a... racetrack, airport, gun club, feedlot, busy street, etc. etc. and then start agitating for it's closure. There is a REASON you got your place cheap... BECAUSE IT"S NEAR A RACETRACK, AIRPORT, GUNCLUB, FEEDLOT, BUSY STREET! ARRRRGHHHHHH
Old 05-19-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
I'm a firm believer of "If it was there when you moved there, live with it". Can't stand when people buy a house near a... racetrack, airport, gun club, feedlot, busy street, etc. etc. and then start agitating for it's closure. There is a REASON you got your place cheap... BECAUSE IT"S NEAR A RACETRACK, AIRPORT, GUNCLUB, FEEDLOT, BUSY STREET! ARRRRGHHHHHH
Exactly!
Old 05-19-2011, 07:38 PM

Default ranges and the gov

i have meet a lot of good people at the olds range in the time i have been a member some live in the mv and some dont, we talk or email almost daily , now i will go to my pals farm and we will shoot the long rifle a we want. the problem is the pistols and the other restricted stuff we can shoot them but now we are breaking laws. how many hours does one need to drive now 4-5-6 that is retarded i guess i will do what any other outdoorsman would do. i will send a letter a week to the primier till i get a anwser on where do we shoot now if they close the ranges they will make good people criminals. SMART. I WILL NOT GIVE UP MY GUNS!!!!! i do beleive the squeeky wheel gets the grease if alot of people voice there concerns with the gov they will have to respond . how much money goes to gun reg to do nothing , 35 million to hold a fed election , all tax money , there are sections of land that are held for schools all over the country that a school will never built. it would cost nothing to give a little land up for a well placed range for hard working tax paying people , i pay tax that pays for a lot of st#t i will never get to use , of course there will be other people who will p#ss and moan about there tax moneys paying for it, you cant get around it. i doesnt matter to them that we all in some way pay for sh#t we cant use. the letters will start on tuesday, and every tuesday till i get an answer, feel free to join in the more the merrier.