Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-08-2022, 03:47 PM

Default Apex Rival Scopes

As it turns out, my initial pre-order (chancy) purchase payed off in spades.
For those who may be seeking a high-end 'scope for both target and hunting use, the Apex Rival has turned out to be fantastic in all respects, so FWIW, I thought I might pass this on. I really don't think it can be beat by anything out there at this price point and greater.

Apexoptics.com
Old 11-08-2022, 04:06 PM

Your link is wrong. apexoptics.co

Thomas Sowell
Old 11-08-2022, 04:23 PM

So what makes it "high end"? Being "fantastic in all respects"? Technical merit right there...
Old 11-08-2022, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmay View Post
So what makes it "high end"? Being "fantastic in all respects"? Technical merit right there...
I'll leave the "technical merit" thing to the pro "techies" . I have a Kahles and a couple of Night Forces that I paid a lot of $$ for. I think they are both great and meet all the criteria that is expected of a "high end" scope. This one is right up there in every tecnhical aspect of those "higher end" "scopes.

Sorry you're dissapointed, but my post was'nt intended as a review, just a "heads up" . More info on the internet if you are really interested.
Old 11-08-2022, 05:50 PM

Do they sell more than one model?
Old 11-08-2022, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
Just the one 'scope model at this time but they are coming out with some binos fairly soon.. i think .
Old 11-09-2022, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
Just the LR target/competition scope at the moment. A LPVO and a LR hunting/crossover 3-15 are on the way.

A friend owns the Rival and I've played with it a fair bit. It is a very good value for its niche.
Old 11-09-2022, 03:22 PM

Three sets of ED glass binos were announced at TACCOM in September, expected ship date is Jan/Feb. A 10x42, 12x50, and the PRO, which is a 12x50 with a rotatable MIL ranging reticle in the left barrel.

Two new made-in-Japan riflescopes will be formally announced at SHOT Show in January.

Here's a sneak peek of what they'll be:

A 1-10x24 FFP LPVO, 34mm tube, custom combat reticle, perfect for near and far target engagements. Locking zero-stop low profile turrets, daylight illumination, integrated throw lever, ED APO glass system

And then there's the 3-15x44 hunting scope, also with ED APO glass, 30mm tube, throw lever, low profile locking zero-stop elevation turret, locking exposed windage turret, and purpose-built MIL reticle. The scope will also be offered with an optional custom-etched ballistic elevation turret.
Old 11-10-2022, 08:51 AM

Pretty sure that nobody will be disappointed by the value of what Apex is supplying, they picked a tough price point level to compete in to start with, as that is a large part of the shooting discipline they are interested in for themselves. They are very open about their wants and needs from the mfgrs that they checked out and what could be done by them in that price zone. They found one that would do it, with the least amount of compromise that they could live with. Nice to see someone in Canada making that effort, but, essentially, they are following in the footsteps of a bunch of other companies in N. America and Europe, who are buying very similar packages from the Japanese mfgrs. I hope they can make it work for them and that what they have coming will keep them going and supply the funding needs to expand the product line further.
Old 11-10-2022, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envitro View Post
And then there's the 3-15x44 hunting scope, also with ED APO glass, 30mm tube, throw lever, low profile locking zero-stop elevation turret, locking exposed windage turret, and purpose-built MIL reticle. The scope will also be offered with an optional custom-etched ballistic elevation turret.
Any chance of a sneak peak of the reticle? 😁 Why not capped windage? Do you have a weight on these?
Old 11-10-2022, 06:45 PM

For me a 3-10/12 X 32 with a 5.7” mounting surface, 30mm tube, low profile elevation turret and a capped windage turret would be the bees knees.
Old 11-11-2022, 10:03 AM

There is lots of guys running Apex at the 22 matches and even 1 or 2 at centerfire matches. But your comment about something better for the price. 900.00 for an Arken EP5, blows the Apex out of the water for price. I have ran Arkens before on my completion 22 and 260, everything just works on them.

It's nice seeing a scope company local to Calgary even though they're made in Japan. Not sure how customer service is with them being local.
Old 11-16-2022, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck 7 View Post
There is lots of guys running Apex at the 22 matches and even 1 or 2 at centerfire matches. But your comment about something better for the price. 900.00 for an Arken EP5, blows the Apex out of the water for price. I have ran Arkens before on my completion 22 and 260, everything just works on them.

It's nice seeing a scope company local to Calgary even though they're made in Japan. Not sure how customer service is with them being local.
Yes, It's a bonus to have a 'scope Company originate in Canada. Their warranty policy sounds good and I have little doubt they will carry through with what they state. Another bonus is their retail price. It does NOT include the current US currency exchange rate, (currently around 30%) that adds a fair amount to the s MSRP of all US sourced products.